139 replies to this topic

#41 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

Glad we can continue our 20+ year streak of not worrying about goaltending.

Agreed.  This is nice :)

Edited by NJDfan1711, 09 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#42 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski 38s

Devils want to bring Ryan Carter back but nothing to report “at this point” per Lou.

lol some writers looking for anything to report- we just signed our franchise goalie and they're asking about a Ryan carter signing!

#43 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Nice.  Glad this

Agreed.  This is nice :)

We're the anti-Flyers in that regard.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#44 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

GREAT NEWS.

What are the official terms?

EDIT : CapGeek pretty quick on this, as usual.

http://capgeek.com/devils/

Edited by Devs3cups, 09 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#45 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Lamoriello said team's goaltending and defense are set and forwards are mostly set.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yes yes yes YES.

Schn3id3rsb3tt3r

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#47 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

GREAT NEWS.

http://www.nj.com/de..._extension.html

The Devils have signed goalie Cory Schneider to a 7-year, $42 million contract extension.

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#48 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

I'm so fvcking happy

I know who's jersey I'll be sporting to every game at the Rock this year... along with several other thousand people I'm sure. Love the news!!

#49 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

GREAT NEWS.

And the 7-year extension doesn't start until the 2015-16 season.  The 2014-15 season is still being played under his old deal.  So he's wrapped up for 8 more seasons.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#50 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

nice contract! couldnt ask for anything better than that except maybe a year less or so but nothing to worry about with cory!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#51 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

And the 7-year extension doesn't start until the 2015-16 season.  The 2014-15 season is still being played under his old deal.  So he's wrapped up for 8 more seasons.

And old CAP nurmber of course

#52 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

http://www.nj.com/de..._extension.html

The Devils have signed goalie Cory Schneider to a 7-year, $42 million contract extension.

Thanks! Just saw the Chere post on Twitter with the confirmation.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#53 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

And FINALLY, we can officially exhale.

If Cory had walked after the Devils surrendered the 9th overall for him...God would that have been awful.  Just awful.

Plus as was already said... THIS MEANS MAF WILL LIKELY NEVER BE A DEVIL!  WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOO

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#54 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

This is a HUGE relief. 

#55 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,554 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

And FINALLY, we can officially exhale.

If Cory had walked after the Devils surrendered the 9th overall for him...God would that have been awful.  Just awful.

Plus as was already said... THIS MEANS MAF WILL LIKELY NEVER BE A DEVIL!  WOOOOOOHHOOOOOOO

Does make me wonder what Pitt does now.  Do they sign MAF to a lukewarm 3-4 year deal?  I think if Cory had been available in 2015, the Pens would've been front and center on that one (even if they had to trim some salary to do it).

#30 FOREVER!

#56 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,422 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

YES!!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#57 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

its too bad none of the jersey places will do a big group buy discounted..we could probably get a whole bunch of people on here who are going to want a schneider jersey now
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#58 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

This is awesome news.

#59 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

its too bad none of the jersey places will do a big group buy discounted..we could probably get a whole bunch of people on here who are going to want a schneider jersey now

EPS gives discounts on bulk customization jobs.  However I believe it starts at 10 or 20 shirts,

#60 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,793 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

There's no such thing as a great 7 year deal to a goalie, but this comes as close as possible.  If Schneider is a true .925 (which is basically a .922 in NJ), the Devils get a big discount here for the first few years of the deal, and then whatever happens at the end is whatever. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users