139 replies to this topic

#61 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

i think we were worrying about nothing. remember when he was first interviewed as a devil, he said he enjoyed the fact that he was close to home (massachusetts) and i don't think there was a team in the area needing a starting goalie in this area

#62 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Lou conference call check list:

Mentions player's great character: Certainly

Avoids answering something very trivial: Without Question (wouldn't give the length of the contract)

Brings up how long the Devils have known or watched the player: Certainly (Prep School and Hockey East)

Says  "status quo": Yup...WAIT...he actually says "I don't think it's ever a status quo process".

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE.

Excellent signing by the way.

Edited by devilsrule33, 09 July 2014 - 04:02 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#63 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

EPS gives discounts on bulk customization jobs.  However I believe it starts at 10 or 20 shirts,

i bet we could probably get 10 people who would be in for a jersey.. but it will probably just end up being more of a headache then what the discount will be worth
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#64 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

There's no such thing as a great 7 year deal to a goalie, but this comes as close as possible.  If Schneider is a true .925 (which is basically a .922 in NJ), the Devils get a big discount here for the first few years of the deal, and then whatever happens at the end is whatever. 

Any long-term deal has inherent risks...not too many of them work out over the full term.  Just hope Cory is durable...that was one thing Marty allowed us to take for granted, along with his level of play.  He went 14 seasons without getting hurt ('94-'08), which is pretty amazing. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#65 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

This is great news! Thank you Vancouver, for not knowing how to handle having two amazing goalies.

#66 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

Lamoriello said team's goaltending and defense are set and forwards are mostly set.

I like this quote. It means no more d-men, and that he still has some things he wants to move around at forward.

Also, I assume he'll sign Marty as soon as the ink on Cory's contract has dried. :P

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#67 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:20 PM

*slow clap*

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#68 KovalClutch

KovalClutch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#69 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Okay, time to buy Schneider apparel.  I still need an Elias shirt before I pickup Schneider.  ILWT! LGD!  Bring back Carter and dump one of Ryder or Brunner and we're set guys!!  :koolaid:  :cheers: PROST!

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#70 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Also, I assume he'll sign Marty as soon as the ink on Cory's contract has dried. :P

Haha well there's no doubt that the team is corys now so it could happen

#71 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

Another great day this off-season...

#72 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Good stuff!! Looking forward to having a regular starting goalie.

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Lamoriello: "It's longer than we've done in the past."

I didn't really know what he meant by that considering the Kovy deal and Elias signing for 7 years...but the longest-term deal Marty ever signed was six years, so I guess it's true it's long for a goalie deal.  And considering the contract, it could be a tremendous steal over time.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#74 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

schneider.jpg

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#75 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

I can't state enough what a relief this is.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#76 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

Great news obviously. I was never worried about it unless Cory had gotten to UFA. Glad he's locked up and hopefully he can fill Marty's skates admirably for the next 6-7 years. I don't expect 3 Cups, but as long as we can be competent and hopefully contend again soon riding Cory, I'll be pleased.

Ginger Power!

#77 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

awesome off season 

Posted Image

#78 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Schneider will be here almost as long as Kovalchuk was supposed to be !

#79 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

#LesbianTurtleRules

#80 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

So happy Lou took care of this as soon as possible. I would have hated to go into this season with him unsigned. I gave Lou sh!t for letting Parise hit free agency so this move makes me happy and renewed my confidence in him.

Ok and maybe I can admit that maybe Zach did lead Lou on and make him think he was going to re-sign. I guess it's fair to say Zach is the kind of player you have to do what you can to sign him so Lou played along and gave him the one year deal.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 09 July 2014 - 07:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users