Photo

Predict Marty's future role with the Devils

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Marty's future (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Marty's future with the Devils is...

1. Goaltending coach (12 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. Bench coach (head or assistant) (1 votes [1.56%])

Percentage of vote: 1.56%

3. Scout (special assignment) (6 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

4. TV or radio personality (7 votes [10.94%])

Percentage of vote: 10.94%

5. Random front office position (16 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

6. President or General Manager (15 votes [23.44%])

Percentage of vote: 23.44%

7. Owner (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Nothing (7 votes [10.94%])

Percentage of vote: 10.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:34 AM

Where's the option for mascot?
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#22 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

For some reason I still see him behind the bench eventually. I know he's saying he doesn't want to now but we'll see I guess.

#23 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

He would be a terrible radio or TV personality I think.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#24 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

I think he'll be a TV guy for a bit, make some big dough, and then maybe move tot he front office. He might just stay on TV though, become the next Don Cherry maybe ;)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#25 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

marty has slow talk. i don`t think he may be good tv or radio guy.

best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

In English maybe, but his French is a different story (if landing a radio or TV gig with the Canadiens ever appeals to him): 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mWovJ-lAjuk

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

in the us they hire any high profile former players as studio analysts just for the name alone. If Marty wants a part time job there he will find one. He will not be a color guy.

Hey if daneyko sticks as a color guy msg will need a new studio analyst!

#28 Guadana

Guadana

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:37 AM

Poll is about future with devils, guys.

I hope he can be in devil squad, but i think he is a man witg one big talent, i dont really think that he can be a goalie coach - as he say he dont want that. He had big feelings in game and stay in right place in right time, good position yes, but technicaly he didn' t look so good as goalie may. As we can can see for victories - technic isnt so important, to way better feelings, stay strong and psyhology of winner(i think with that moment marty has problems now), but for coaching - different other stuff. Its just an imho, i'm not professional coah or player.

And he has no character power, like roy who looks like gibson in braveheart
best jersey - jersey without surnames - only with numbers

#29 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

I'll vote for an unnamed, unspecific position behind the scenes with the Devils which could encompass scouting other NHL teams given how knowledgable he is of the sport. Larry Robinson did some of this in Florida years ago if memory serves.

Edited by Unthinkable, 04 August 2014 - 08:24 PM.

"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#30 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

According to Marty's agent he is willing to wait even if the season starts to get play time on a team (TG posted)

So sad that he's chosen to go out like this : (

Why not.....Happy retired NHL Goalie enjoying playing golf and spending time with his family ?

Cuz someone has alimony to pay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users