#1 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

http://fireandice.no...evils-1.1051563

Terms to come.  I want to see more of Yayo this year.  It's NHL or bust for him. 

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#2 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

my guess is 1 year $850k

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hope he puts it together.

He's shown in flashes that he has the skill and smarts.. Just needs to figure out how to do it consistently.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 15 July 2014 - 01:56 PM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#4 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

Josefson is the kind of player that's going to flourish in another system if we don't start to give him a legitimate chance, let him grow and I still believe JJ can become a solid 3rd line center for this hockey team

25smul5.png

#5 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Josefson is the kind of player that's going to flourish in another system if we don't start to give him a legitimate chance, let him grow and I still believe JJ can become a solid 3rd line center for this hockey team

I mean, he hasn't NOT had a legit chance.  He's been oft-injured, but this past season there was no excuse that he didn't play more often when guys like Zubrus, Ryder and Brunner stunk up the ice with their play.  I think Josefson could be better than a 3rd line center if he can start putting up some numbers.  

Edited by RizzMB30, 15 July 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#6 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

Flourish is a strong word.  He might become a capable 3rd line C elsewhere, but right now the offense just has not been there.  That's really where he has to improve.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#7 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

I don't like him, as far as I'm concerned, he's a spot filler, nothing more.

#8 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

1 year is good.. figure out what to do with him
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#9 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I don't like him, as far as I'm concerned, he's a spot filler, nothing more.

For us yes, but he plays too dynamic an offensive game to just be that. I think a change of scenery would be just the thing to allow his consistency to improve. On another team I think he has the ceiling of a second line center. But only time will tell

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#10 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Nothing about any of his stats, NHL or otherwise, suggest to me that he is a dynamic offensive player. Would ge thrive on another team? Maybe. So they should trade him then, he's done not a thing here in parts of a few seasons.

If he plays a full season this year and he proves himself, I'll say I was wrong.

#11 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

Ya why do people insist he is a very good player? Injuries suck yes, but I don't really see anything yet to suggest he could be a 2nd line center

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#12 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:46 PM

Ya why do people insist he is a very good player? Injuries suck yes, but I don't really see anything yet to suggest he could be a 2nd line center

I'd argue that it's possible, due to his skating, passing ability, faceoff capabilities, his defensive game.  I think the tools are there.  I will say that he's on a very short leash this year, he's gotta show us something offensively that says he's more than a 4th liner.  I don't understand people who are saying that he would be better or thrive on another team.  If he can't figure the offense out here in Jersey, what makes everything think that he's going to score more in another system.  His stats are lacking but he could still figure it out and maybe still be a John Madden type of player.  His possession numbers aren't terrible and I actually wouldn't mind seeing him play more on the wing with Zajac and Jagr. 

#13 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

Any info on the terms? As far as I know, there's no confirmation that this is even a one-year deal. Hope he gets a consistent role this season.

#14 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,374 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:33 PM

I'm not saying he has a lot of untapped offensive potential but I still think with a consistent role and better linemates his numbers would improve a decent amount. He played a lot with guys like Zubrus, Carter, Bernier, Barch, and Janssen the past 2 years and his On-Ice SH% is low (5.88) and some regression would help him. He does a lot of other things well (exiting the zone with possession, great pass accuracy, hardly commits turnovers) that would make him a solid bottom 6 guy even if his offense never comes around.

With that said I don't see a spot for him in NJ with the roster constructed the way it is. I'd hate to see him get "stuck" another year of not playing much. I wonder if they think he'd pass through waivers? Or if they would even care if someone picked him up? It doesn't seem like DeBoer thinks that much of him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#15 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,270 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:04 AM

I'm not saying he has a lot of untapped offensive potential but I still think with a consistent role and better linemates his numbers would improve a decent amount. He played a lot with guys like Zubrus, Carter, Bernier, Barch, and Janssen the past 2 years and his On-Ice SH% is low (5.88) and some regression would help him. He does a lot of other things well (exiting the zone with possession, great pass accuracy, hardly commits turnovers) that would make him a solid bottom 6 guy even if his offense never comes around.

With that said I don't see a spot for him in NJ with the roster constructed the way it is. I'd hate to see him get "stuck" another year of not playing much. I wonder if they think he'd pass through waivers? Or if they would even care if someone picked him up? It doesn't seem like DeBoer thinks that much of him.

Pretty much. He needs to be given an extended look. Not one game or half a period on the top line, but a real shot. He'd get put back in the lineup and thrown on a line with Cam. What exactly is Pete expecting from him there?

Edited by devilsrule33, 16 July 2014 - 06:50 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#16 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:31 AM

Best player ever.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#17 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I think he has been given opportunity. PDB holds everyone accountable and has a what have you done for me lately way of doing business. I'm pulling for the kid to get it all together. We all know this is last shot.  If he doesn't make it here, I think he's better suited for Swed. elite league. Not the 1st time we've blown a 1st round pick. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#18 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,061 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

No one doubts that he would have better numbers with better linemates.  His On-Ice SH% is about where it belongs given those linemates and his own shooting (which is awful).  And that's the real issue, he combines a terrible shooting percentage with never shooting, and that's just not going to cut it in the NHL.  

I think he will get a chance with better linemates this year, but still, the offense has to come around.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#19 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

amazed the salary hasn't leaked yet.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#20 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,018 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

amazed the salary hasn't leaked yet.

I'm guessing its around 800K.

Edited by MadDog2020, 16 July 2014 - 11:58 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users