53 replies to this topic

#41 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:55 AM

Oh- and everyone who says to check out Montreal is spot on. Its an awesome experience. The crowd there is unlike any crowd I've ever seen at any sporting event I've been to. That building is louder than loud. I saw a Devs-Habs game up there in 2008. The Devs lost 2-1 (ironically, Brian Gionta scored the only Devils goal that night) so I was annoyed afterwards, but I went and drank it off with some Devils fans that were staying at the same hotel as me later that night. I drank so much Molson X I actually passed out at the bar lol. It was awesome. So yeah go to Montreal.

When I was in Toronto, we went to a bar next the HOF after the game.  Wound up closing the place with the owner and a few of his friends.  Beers, shots.  Got back to the room, laid on my bed and the room was spinning.  That hadn't happened to me since college (I was 30 at the time).  Next morning I remembered the beer has double the alcohol in Canada as down here.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:58 AM

Some guy on HF wants to set up an MSG invasion for the 12/27 gm. Both games at MSG are Saturdays so it'll be expensive.

Not sure what qualifies as an invasion, but ever since the emergence of the team ticket exchanges and stubhub, there have always been a decent amount of Devils fans at games at MSG.  If you are willing to pay for them, it is pretty easy to get tickets to any event.  As far as cost, this will likely be the 3rd highest demand game of the season for the Rangers behind the opener and the game against the Flyers on thanksgiving weekend.  So, expect to pay at least $100/ticket just to get in.  If you want better seats, expect to pay a lot more.

Cheapest right now on stubhub are $143 each. http://www.stubhub.c...-2014-9075321/ 

Edited by Matteau#32, 01 August 2014 - 07:00 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Like a number of guys have said, I like popping up to Montreal. La Fin du Monde on tap, the McGill girls in the bars on weekends are lovely, that French accent on all the waitresses in all the little places....that NEVER gets old LOL. Throw in Sunday brunch at Eggspectations before driving home and it's a great weekend :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

When I was in Toronto, we went to a bar next the HOF after the game. Wound up closing the place with the owner and a few of his friends. Beers, shots. Got back to the room, laid on my bed and the room was spinning. That hadn't happened to me since college (I was 30 at the time). Next morning I remembered the beer has double the alcohol in Canada as down here.

Yeah that Canadian beer 'aint nothin' to fvck with lol. We were ordering pitcher after pitcher and the next thing I know I'm waking up asking where the hell I was lol. The bartender was cool though. Called me a cab and made sure I got back to the hotel safely. Had a great time.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:53 PM

Completely agree with your thoughts on Caps fans Matteau. I've been to so many Flyer and Ranger games but never in my life was I heckled ad threatened so badly than at a Caps game. The nosebleeds are sh!t shows with wannabe hockey fans and wannabe tough guys. I am a very quiet visiting fan and respect everyone and yet I was almost physically beat up for just being an opposing fan. This was the 7-2 loss at the Caps home opener in 2010. Idk if it was just bad luck but I suggest anyone to stay away from the uppers in Washington. For whatever reason people from Washington make fun of the jersey stereotypes at naseum as well.

If you go to Rangers-Devils or Rangers-Isles or Flyers-Devils, you have to expect the back and forth between the fans and usually a few that go a bit overboard.  If you go to enough of those games, you get used to it.  In Philly, people will give you lip, but for the most part I have found if you dont act like an idiot back, it will stay all in good fun.  Washington was different.  Had several people get close enough to me that you could say they were in my face and I am not a small human.  

Posted ImagePosted Image

#46 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

Exactly, the caps fans I encountered looked for trouble even though me and my friend were quiet the entire game. It was an awful experience

The food sucked there as well. I think that year they were ranked amongst the worst and violated a lot of of food and safety regulations.

Edited by Zubie#8, 01 August 2014 - 02:17 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#47 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

well so much for wanting to go to the verizon center, its not sounding like its going to be too good of a time from what im hearing in here..looking more like my winter trip will be to td garden instead.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#48 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

well so much for wanting to go to the verizon center, its not sounding like its going to be too good of a time from what im hearing in here..looking more like my winter trip will be to td garden instead.

not a bad option though still.  i feel like boston would be an incredible city.  i've heard great things and its definitely on my list within the next couple of years

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

not a bad option though still. i feel like boston would be an incredible city. i've heard great things and its definitely on my list within the next couple of years

My sister lives there, its an awesome city. I saw a Devs-Bruins game there back in 2006 when the Bruins still sucked. The tickets were like $30 a pop. Ever since my nephews were born and the Bruins got good (driving ticket prices to insane levels), I haven't gotten to another game up there. Its tough because the Devils are seemingly never there on a weekend. But Boston is a great town with plenty to do.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

not a bad option though still.  i feel like boston would be an incredible city.  i've heard great things and its definitely on my list within the next couple of years

I was in Boston last year for the game where we looked like we barely held on when down 3-1 and scored 2 goals in the final 2 minutes to win.. There were a lot of Devils fans there too and I hugged half of them at least haha.. Boston fans were awesome and we had no problems even while celebrating loudly afterwards

I highly recommend doing the Freedom Trail in your jersey before the game!

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#51 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Exactly, the caps fans I encountered looked for trouble even though me and my friend were quiet the entire game. It was an awful experience

The food sucked there as well. I think that year they were ranked amongst the worst and violated a lot of of food and safety regulations.

the game I went to this year I literally stepped out of the parking garage with my jersey in and an 8 year old kid plowed into me intentionally. Almost smacked the kid upside the head but thought better of it.

Caps fans aren't all little sh!ts, but that one was.

#52 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Some guy on HF wants to set up an MSG invasion for the 12/27 gm. Both games at MSG are Saturdays so it'll be expensive.

I'm down for 12/27. As its been mentioned though, it will be expensive : /

#53 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Consol Energy Center is a great place to see games and much of the design cues were taken from recently built arenas like The Rock. Sightlines are good and prices arent as high as they are in other NHL big cities.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#54 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

Consol Energy Center is a great place to see games and much of the design cues were taken from recently built arenas like The Rock. Sightlines are good and prices arent as high as they are in other NHL big cities.

The lower concourse is very nice.. Same architect group as the Rock so that's where the similarities come in, but you can tell they spent extra money on nicer looking materials to furnish it.. Hopefully Harris and Co make some upgrades to the Rock in that regard..

But the upper concourse there is just awful.. Exposed ceiling all painted black, the concourse is way so narrow that concession lines during intermission have to bend, making it impossible for fans walking by. Funny that they would skimp on the "cheap seats" when we couldn't get in the building up there for less than $110 for a Saturday matinee shortly after the lockout ended

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users