563 replies to this topic

#41 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

I texted MJ on the # I had from like three years ago... I'll see if he replies back.

...and he was on vacation.  He's still in.    I gave him the picks taken so far.

fvck. well thanks anyway, adios everyone

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#42 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

I am the dreambreaker.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#43 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

rollin rollin'

Edited by VivaLaFlamme, 07 August 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

Sorry OD, back on the wait list for you lol

EDIT: Nvm, looks like dr signed up too so no turnover this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 August 2014 - 06:03 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 DevilsMJ

DevilsMJ

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Sorry was on vacation, I signed up on Yahoo too finally.

I'll take the 4th pick.

1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2003 , and 2008were the best years of my life what will be the next?

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!

Go METS!!!!!!!!!

G-MENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

#46 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'll try to remember to sign up tonight. 

I'm pretty sure she's a man baby.

You are froggin blind

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#47 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

I'm surprised the 12 spot - with the double pick is still around.

I do think the 6 spot is the best spot to be in if you aren't using your 1st/2nd rounders for keepers...  good protection against runs, etc.

Edited by aylbert, 08 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#48 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

Well I'm gonna snag the 12 spot, I've always liked the double picks.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

Oh good, I was hoping for a CRASHER block lol
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#50 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:42 PM

That might've had something to do with it too....

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,832 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

This was ACTUALLY the year I wanted to be higher on the board too.....go figure.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#52 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

I'll take the 11th spot.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

So now that we're rolling when's the keeper deadline/draft start day?

I'm surprised the 12 spot - with the double pick is still around.

I do think the 6 spot is the best spot to be in if you aren't using your 1st/2nd rounders for keepers...  good protection against runs, etc.

It's hard to tell what's really a good position in the first round cause it depends on who winds up being kept.  Most years I like drafting high cause you get like three of the top twenty-five picks.  This year going back and having an earlier 4th may be better since you wind up reaching for players early in the draft anyway after the top guys go off.  Of course you miss out on one of the top guys though (Charles, AP, etc).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 August 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#54 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,832 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

2 Tuesdays from now, the 19th...you can pretty much declare your keeper as we pick (so in essence you're making TWO picks....oh the VALUE :evil: )

and yeah I'll move down to 10th....I did have to sit and wait on this....and then work cut in :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

We kind of have to do all keepers before the actual draft starts, no?  Otherwise you could theoretically be drafting someone that another team still might want to keep before it gets to their turn in the order - say if you wanted to keep Forte but he got picked somewhere in the first nine spots before your pick at #10. 

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 August 2014 - 11:39 PM.

#56 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

We kind of have to do all keepers before the actual draft starts, no?  Otherwise you could theoretically be drafting someone that another team still might want to keep before it gets to their turn in the order - say if you wanted to keep Forte but he got picked somewhere in the first nine spots before your pick at #10. 

Yeah, wouldn't make sense to do keepers during the actual draft. Gotta do it first or this thing becomes an even bigger clusterfvck. Which I guess is why Crasher wants to do it this way :lol:

#57 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,832 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

Yeah, wouldn't make sense to do keepers during the actual draft. Gotta do it first or this thing becomes an even bigger clusterfvck. Which I guess is why Crasher wants to do it this way :lol:

I have a stubborn refusal to protect a player when there is ANY chance of injury :P.....it's not chaos theory, its flat-out paranoia!!!

And the longer the wait the more work I gotta do when I add the players.... it takes ten extra seconds to say "I'm keeping <star player X> in Round y, I'm drafting <fantasy hero Z> with my first pick".... :blink:

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

Almost every team's second preseason game will be over with by next Sunday night.  There's no reason we can't declare keepers next Monday, or before then if your keeper's team is through its second preseason game :P

I'll probably be taking it down to late next Sunday myself but since the draft's probably not starting till that Monday or Tuesday (the 18th/19th) anyway....

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 August 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#59 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

We really should declare keepers first...    I'd rather rush the rounds than try combining the keeper and 1st round into one.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,707 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

I have a stubborn refusal to protect a player when there is ANY chance of injury :P.....it's not chaos theory, its flat-out paranoia!!!

And the longer the wait the more work I gotta do when I add the players.... it takes ten extra seconds to say "I'm keeping <star player X> in Round y, I'm drafting <fantasy hero Z> with my first pick".... :blink:

So if you want to wait until your draft pick to declare a keeper and someone in the top part of the first round wants to draft Eddie Lacy before your pick at 10, are you then SOL (s**t out of luck) of keeping him?  That would be pretty unfair.  Or do we redo the first round from the Lacy pick since that and all the picks after that basically become null and void because of the keeper selection?  That would be a lot of unneccesary work.

That's why keepers MUST be declared before the actual draft.  Everyone has to know the pool they're drafting from.  Except maybe for the guy who actually HAS the first pick, because his keeper can't be jacked by someone else's draft pick.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 August 2014 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users