23 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,721 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Probably just the rose colored glasses, I just seem to remember Fesitov & Kasatanov being a really big deal for NJ, and I could NOT put White in the top 6, Driver probably belongs, but I went in another direction...

Remember Sergei Starikov (#4)?  He started the season with the Devils that year too (89-90)...supposedly he was so happy to be coming to NJ that he partied his ass off before the season started and was woefully out of shape.  His NHL career lasted all of 16 games. 

Fetisov and Kasatonov coming to NJ was a very big deal (as it was back then with Russians in general), for reasons good and bad.  They weren't on speaking terms when they played in NJ...Kasatonov sided with Russian authorities when players like Fetisov were outspoken about leaving the USSR to play in the US...I remember Gary Thorne saying during one of Kasatonov's early games as a Devil that Lou had had a sitdown with both players and basically told them that their feud had better not become an issue in the locker room or on the ice in any way.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 07 August 2014 - 02:29 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

whoa whoa whoa... you guys are forgetting some key positions here.

Coach: Larry Robinson

Booth: Doc & Chico.  (really the only acceptable answer here right?)

I just don’t know who to pick as the manager

#23 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

Parise-Zajac-Jagr
Elias-Arnott-Sykora
Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin
MacLean-Holik-Richer
Ex. McKay, Verbeek, Lemeiux

Stevens-Niedermayer
Rafalski-Greene
Daneyko-White (Dat 3rd Pairing)
Ex. Driver

Brodeur, Terreri (Schneider as an extra, although we're very sure he'll be All-time list worthy)

Coach:  Jacques Lemaire (Although I'm sure he would bench Jagr for his defensive play :giggle: )

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#24 Michael Evanchik

Michael Evanchik

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

whats so weird is that Rafalski was a UFA and nobody wanted him

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users