Photo

Which Player are you Most Curious to Watch Next Season?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Player are you Most Curious to Watch Next Season? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Who?

1. Schneider (2 votes [3.17%])

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

2. Cammalleri (22 votes [34.92%])

Percentage of vote: 34.92%

3. Larsson (15 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

4. Gelinas (10 votes [15.87%])

Percentage of vote: 15.87%

5. Merrill (3 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

6. Jagr (5 votes [7.94%])

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

7. Other (specify) (6 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

This place has been a morgue lately because absolutely nothing happens in August.

To answer the question, I'm eager to see if Jagr can at least come close to what he did last year being a full year older

#2 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

as much love as i have for the rest of our existing roster, i gotta go Cammy here.  i'm anxious to see what kind of spark he brings our offense.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#3 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

Defnitely Larsson for me.

#4 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

josefson - i don't know why but i want this kid to succeed and hoping he gets the chance this year.

obviously hoping that larsson takes a huge step and cammalleri gets it done too.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#5 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Defnitely Larsson for me.

agreed, I'm definitely looking forward to se how cammy fits in with the team, but IMO larsson's development is the biggest question for the long term. Is he just a #4-6 guy, or can he build himself into a top pairing d that we all hope for.

IMO he's clearly the guy to watch this season.

#6 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

Gelinas mostly. Want to see if he ever becomes sound defensively.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,279 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

Larsson. I want to see if he can take the next step and show he can be a consistent top 4 guy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#8 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

im interested to see what camm. can bring to the table, but it will be interesting to see if jagr is going to start to decline as hes another year older ..how Schneider will handle a starting work load and if brunner and ryder can bounce back and be something more than useless.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#9 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

My first instinct was Cammy; but I really am most curious to see how Larsson handles himself this year...  the excuses need to end, he needs to be the guy this year.

My third pick is Ryane Clowe...  you almost forget he's even on this team.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#10 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

There isn't just one player I am interested in watching. I am equally interested in 3. I want Larsson to succeed so he doesn't end up on the trade-able list. I want Gelinas to succeed since he has such potential. I am interested in Cammalleri to see if he is worth the contract he signed. I am hoping for all 3 to flourish.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#11 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

Merrill.

#12 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

It's a tough call for me but I'm going to go ahead and vote for Jagr. Simply because he's a legend nearing the end of his career and I want to enjoy watching every moment that he has left. It's still a bit crazy to me that he's a Devil, never would have thought that would happen when I was growing up.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#13 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Cam Janssen. Can he light the lamp again this season?!

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#14 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:50 PM

Larsson

#15 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Cory and Merril, we need them to be steady.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 18 August 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#16 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Schneider is the player I am watching this year.  I want to see how he is going to play with the young D thats going to be in front of him

#17 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

Cammalleri then Havlat.
"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#18 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

For me, I guess all 3 D-men Lars, Merrill, & Gelly. I want them to succeed so Sal can move on after this year & Lars/Merrill can be used in all situations. (We know Sal/Zids probably won't be back) Hopefully bring Severson up for good next year.

And start making this team younger. Also, I'm pulling for JJ.  I saw sparks last year at times. I hope he belongs.  He does well in the AHL. I'm hoping thats not all

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

Reid Boucher - he won't make the team but he'll be here a lot.  Interested to see if they can find him a spot with Elias sometime - I think they'd work well together.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#20 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,766 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Reid Boucher - he won't make the team but he'll be here a lot. Interested to see if they can find him a spot with Elias sometime - I think they'd work well together.

Man you are a contrarian.

Anyhoo, I'll say Larsson. If he at least starts to show clear progress to be the type of player we were hoping for, it'll go a long way to establishing a very good young core on the blue line for the future. I have no worries about Merrill, and at least one of Santini, Severson and Gelinas will be solid to very good NHLers. Jacobs might even pleasantly surprise us in 3 years time.

But really, I just can't wait for the season to start, and I'm excited to see what everyone on the team can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users