25 replies to this topic

#1 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:22 AM

I found this article posted a few times on FB last night and thought this was kinda fun and interesting.  This website ranked all 30 NHL locker rooms and basically put them into 4 categories.  The Devils one is in the 2nd highest and honestly, compared to others, I am kinda surprised as while ours is bigger than most, it certainly is one of the plainest.

Montreal and Islanders are complete sh!tholes while I'm surprised how underwhelming Minnesota and Dallas are considering how new their arenas are.  I also think Detroit should be higher on the list while Boston should be lower.

http://libertycitys....l-locker-rooms/

#2 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Wow, the Islanders locker room looks absolutely terrible. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#3 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

A knock on the Rags locker is their big honking ass logo in the middle which of course you're not supposed to step on but its so honking ass big it gives you little room.

#4 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

that was cool to check out!.. didnt realize our locker room even looked like that, wish we got to see more behind the scenes type of stuff..we miss out on all of that.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#5 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

It's plain, but very well done; I love our lighting cove.

I'm surprised how crappy Minnesota, Montreal, Chicago, Boston, and Dallas are. Rangers' room looks smaller than a $1700/month Manhattan studio apartment, but still, I'll say it, nicely done after the renovation.

Buffalo, Vancouver, LA, and Pittsburgh are all super nice. Tampa's could've been higher ranked, even if the ceilings seem a bit low, and Ottawa's too.

I feel bad for the Islanders. Don't underestimate the impact architecture, design, and the built environment around you have on how well/average you do your work, whether it's an office job or playing hockey. Driving into Nassau Coliseum and then setting up before the game in that locker room doesn't really get you in the right mindset for a game, as superficial as it sounds. The move to Barclays will do them a mountain of good, and it should've happened a year ago.

Edited by DJ Eco, 19 August 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#6 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

I am between Pittsburgh and Carolina for the nicest IMO.

The Rags are lucky this was done after the renovation.  Before it theirs was not too far off from being amongst the bottom dwellers on that list.

#7 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

141478717_std.jpg

Here's a better view of the Devils' locker room. The photo used in the article is from 2010, while a small change was made prior to the 2011 season. Instead of some cheeky saying on the soffit like "Loyalty, Commitment, Hard Work", it seems like Lou and the Devils chose another route: remind your players of your team's glory. We are the best team in the area the past 20 years and they should be reminded of that everytime they step out onto the ice.

Edited by DJ Eco, 19 August 2014 - 10:09 AM.

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

Some of those Home and Road playoff records have been broken since I believe.

Its one of the better locker rooms but not really architecturally interesting or striking.  It does look to be one of, if not, the biggest locker rooms on the list though.

#9 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

yea the devils locker room looks to be quite large which must be nice, while many of the others such as philly, rags and isles look like they are tight and cramped
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#10 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Holy sh!t, the best part of that article is how the Panthers logo has a fence around it

#11 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

Holy sh!t, the best part of that article is how the Panthers logo has a fence around it

While some of the author's comments are lame, he is right about the Florida one.  What tradition are they preserving?  From what I hear they still celebrate their one finals run (where they got swept) 19 years later.

#12 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:49 AM

While some of the author's comments are lame, he is right about the Florida one.  What tradition are they preserving?  From what I hear they still celebrate their one finals run (where they got swept) 19 years later.

I think the rope off was a joke when the Justin Bieber thing was abuzz in the hockey world.

#13 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,966 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Comments on this article are hilarious, especially the Florida one lol

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#14 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

I found this article posted a few times on FB last night and thought this was kinda fun and interesting.  This website ranked all 30 NHL locker rooms and basically put them into 4 categories.  The Devils one is in the 2nd highest and honestly, compared to others, I am kinda surprised as while ours is bigger than most, it certainly is one of the plainest.

Montreal and Islanders are complete sh!tholes while I'm surprised how underwhelming Minnesota and Dallas are considering how new their arenas are.  I also think Detroit should be higher on the list while Boston should be lower.

http://libertycitys....l-locker-rooms/

where do you see that the Devils have the second highest rated locker room?? they're not in the top 5 in this article, they're in the second "tier" of locker rooms.. so like slightly above average

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#15 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

where do you see that the Devils have the second highest rated locker room?? they're not in the top 5 in this article, they're in the second "tier" of locker rooms.. so like slightly above average

He didn't say it ranked second.

This website ranked all 30 NHL locker rooms and basically put them into 4 categories.  The Devils one is in the 2nd highest

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 19 August 2014 - 12:45 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#16 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,036 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

While some of the author's comments are lame, he is right about the Florida one. What tradition are they preserving? From what I hear they still celebrate their one finals run (where they got swept) 19 years later.

Celebrating being a footnote? Sounds like a team we know...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#17 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,835 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thank you lol

#18 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,878 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

O i guess i read "The Devils one is in the 2nd highest and honestly" as IS the second highest.  my b, looks like i blamed him of the same thing i am guilty for

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#19 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

Devils' locker room looks pretty...huge.

Zubrus must have some pretty powerful speakers to be able to blast music throughout that whole place.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#20 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

lol i forgot zubs was the locker room dj..and no one can stand his music.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users