Photo

Which will end higher: Brodeur wins or Simpsons episodes?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Which will end higher: Brodeur wins or Simpsons episodes? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Brodeur wins or Simpsons episodes

1. Brodeur wins (8 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Simpsons episodes (16 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. tied (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

Watching the Simpsons marathon they keep mentioning 552 episodes which as we all know is one more episode then Roy (pronounced Roy) has wins. But will it over take Brodeur's end number what ever that ends up being?

#2 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

simpsons marathon.. what channel is that??
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#3 Bonginator11

Bonginator11

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

FXX

#4 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

The Simpsons' longevity is incredible - made more incredible by the fact that almost none of the major voice actors have died over the years.  I think it'll be awfully close but I think Brodeur wins will win out.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,009 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Hopefully Brodeur wins. I'll get railed for this (and I don't care), but The Simpsons is the most overrated TV show of all-time.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#6 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Hopefully Brodeur wins. I'll get railed for this (and I don't care), but The Simpsons is the most overrated TV show of all-time.

You bite your tongue! I will say that the seasons after like '07 or something have been terrible. Still almost 20 yrs of clever comedy is great. Its better than the unfunny garbage that's comes out now like big bang theory and how I met your mother.

#7 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

You bite your tongue! I will say that the seasons after like '07 or something have been terrible. Still almost 20 yrs of clever comedy is great. Its better than the unfunny garbage that's comes out now like big bang theory and how I met your mother.

Everything through season 8 is great, season 9 is ok, but everything after that, basically from 2000 on is terrible.

#8 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:42 PM

Everything through season 8 is great, season 9 is ok, but everything after that, basically from 2000 on is terrible.

Right about the time they decided to ramp up their political agendas from subtle to blatantly obvious.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#9 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

Right about the time they decided to ramp up their political agendas from subtle to blatantly obvious.

Yeah, I watch the new ones when they come on just to say I've seen them. I think the only character I'm not particularly fond of is Lisa, the blatantly obvious Liberal/Feminist/Hippie/etc. I mean it's one thing to have that character, but to be that in your face about it. It's like American Dad with the daughter, Hailey I think...?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#10 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, I watch the new ones when they come on just to say I've seen them. I think the only character I'm not particularly fond of is Lisa, the blatantly obvious Liberal/Feminist/Hippie/etc. I mean it's one thing to have that character, but to be that in your face about it. It's like American Dad with the daughter, Hailey I think...?

I was watching the old episodes this weekend and then caught part of the one on tonight on Fox and it was just over the top, from any given character. Granted I was a lot younger when I stopped watching, but I just find it annoying.

#11 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

This is spot on. Seasons 2-7 were pure brilliance. Season 8 is good, but not the levels of the previous seasons. Season 9 is when it started to nosedive.

I have to say it's one or those shows that I forget they are still coming out with new episodes with but I'll be sad and angry if they ever took off the air. I would say the same with SNL but I think SNL has grown so unfunny over the past decade that I would actually be happy and/or uncaring if that show went off the air.

#12 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

This is spot on. Seasons 2-7 were pure brilliance. Season 8 is good, but not the levels of the previous seasons. Season 9 is when it started to nosedive.

I have to say it's one or those shows that I forget they are still coming out with new episodes with but I'll be sad and angry if they ever took off the air. I would say the same with SNL but I think SNL has grown so unfunny over the past decade that I would actually be happy and/or uncaring if that show went off the air.

This. Pure awful television. I'd put it on par of uselessness as Jersey Shore.

#13 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Yes I'm sure it was the politics and not the decreased emphasis on characterization and story + inferior joke writing that sunk the later seasons.

#14 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:16 AM

Idc what anyone says but How I Met Your Mother is a damn good and original show. Loved it!

I am also astonished how long The Simpsons has last with the same voice over actors. Great stuff.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#15 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

Simpsons episodes lol. Somehow I think they will just keep churning them out.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#16 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

I'd bet you they're shooting for 700 as much as Marty is.

Interesting fact.....when the show started, I was Bart's age, now I'm Homer's.  I can't say I've watched it on purpose in the last decade, but those early seasons are brilliant & I've just filled up my DVR with a bunch (I'm kicking myself for missing Homer Goes to College).  If it ever was taken off the network, it could get the Futurama treatment and be new on cable. 

#17 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

Not even sure how many episodes they do a year at this point.  Maybe 10 or 15?  I can't see how they can keep it going for another 8 to 10 years which is probably what it would take, but I suppose it doesn't cost them much to do it.

But in any event, the Simpsons is now just a celebrity exposure vehicle.  You can definitely start to trace the decline to Phil Hartman's death.  I think the last funny episode was the one with Hank Scorpio. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,481 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Not even sure how many episodes they do a year at this point.  Maybe 10 or 15?  I can't see how they can keep it going for another 8 to 10 years which is probably what it would take, but I suppose it doesn't cost them much to do it.

But in any event, the Simpsons is now just a celebrity exposure vehicle.  You can definitely start to trace the decline to Phil Hartman's death.  I think the last funny episode was the one with Hank Scorpio. 

That was in season 8 I believe as well.

I have heard a bunch of fans over the years say that the season 8 episode where they add Poochie to the Itchy and Scratchy Show is the exact episode where the series jumped the shark.  Hell even the Simpsons had made some references to that over the years in more recent episodes.

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,050 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

I imagine they do at least 20, and probably 22.  That is what network show runs are.  So assuming Brodeur gets to 700, it's another 8 seasons.

#20 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:58 AM

I was watching an episode from Season 6 on Saturday that was funnier than everything Family Guy ever did combined. 

gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users