caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Gomer is back.

By TG

Edited by caron14, 27 August 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#2 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

I think I'm gonna be sick 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#3 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I'm over hating on him. He left, ruined his career/reputation, and I hope now he's matured.

I don't like the idea of him taking a roster spot from a younger player, but if he can contribute and play well here, I'm all for it.

#4 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

My anger for him is gone as well. I hope he can contribute, but I don't see how they fit him in. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#5 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

but I don't see how they fit him in. 

I do. GTFO Stephen Gionta.

#6 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'd be surprised if he made the team.  He's been a zilch since the 2010-11 season.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#7 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'm over hating on him. He left, ruined his career/reputation, and I hope now he's matured.

I don't like the idea of him taking a roster spot from a younger player, but if he can contribute and play well here, I'm all for it.

But he can't contribute. He's done. This is all a sick joke.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 27 August 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#8 William D'Aquila

William D'Aquila

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

Really pleased about this.

#9 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

It's not a sick joke - we all thought the same about Sykora.  Lou is nothing if not loyal.  But yeah, I don't think he'll make the team, but maybe he impresses someone else in the preseason games he plays.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wonderful...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,975 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

It's not a sick joke - we all thought the same about Sykora. Lou is nothing if not loyal. But yeah, I don't think he'll make the team, but maybe he impresses someone else in the preseason games he plays.

I'm sick of bringing back these players. I won't go as far as to boo Gomez but I hope he has a horrible camp and is never seen from again.

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Is it possible to be astonished and yet barely surprised at the same time?  

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#13 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

I hope Lou invited him so that he could be the one to officially kill Scotty's playing career when he dismisses him at the end of camp.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,189 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

It's not a sick joke - we all thought the same about Sykora.  Lou is nothing if not loyal.  But yeah, I don't think he'll make the team, but maybe he impresses someone else in the preseason games he plays.

Sykora was two years removed from a 25-goal season, Gomez is FOUR years removed from his last good NHL season.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

Sykora was two years removed from a 25-goal season, Gomez is FOUR years removed from his last good NHL season.

The difference is the kind of player they are.  Sykora has to score to be useful - even after scoring 20 goals he wasn't able to get an NHL contract.  Gomez can still play a 3rd line role and get 10 goals-20 assists and be a useful contributor because of his puck skills.  Do I think he'll do that?  No, I don't, I think his career is probably over.  But maybe being a healthy scratch on a bad Panthers team was a wakeup call.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#16 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

seriously.. why. why. why can this damn team never get away from bringing back their old washed up has been players of the past. fvck man.. i cant take it. What exactly do they think he is going to provide us with? seriously i would love to know what is he going to bring to this team? there are already too many damn forwards here and carter is still unsigned, this makes it kind of clear he is most likely not coming back as well. send gomez on a one way trip back to mexico already he blows.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#17 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

How many forwards do we need? I know our roster is very injury prone but damn. 

#18 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:19 PM

I didn't comment on the other thread, but I believed the rumour because it's Lou and this is what he does. It went from being fun at first to pretty fvcking sad.

Scott Clemmensen and Scott Gomez were not two Devils that needed to be brought back or given a chance to make the team.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#19 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

I didn't comment on the other thread, but I believed the rumour because it's Lou and this is what he does. It went from being fun at first to pretty fvcking sad.

Scott Clemmensen and Scott Gomez were not two Devils that needed to be brought back or given a chance to make the team.

Clemmer on a 2way makes him the definition of "whatever". Gomez on a PTO is also fairly innocuous because lots will have to go wrong for him to make the team even if he has a decent camp.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#20 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

Besides 05-06 Gomez has never cracked 20 goals. If he can still take the puck into the zone like he used to then he could possibly help. I'm not really all that mad about it.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users