245 replies to this topic

#241 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 12:02 AM

heres a little interview with scott gomez.. we should all watch to see what this guys personality and attitude is really like.. seems to be a real D-bag..but than again i guess if i was washed up and came crawling back to my original team begging for a chance to play i might feel little too.

http://devils.nhl.co...nav-teamnav-njd

I guess people see what they want to see.  I think pk has the best description of him.  Goofy.  He can barely keep a straight face when joking with Matt.  He answered some questions seriously, he was joking around on others.  Not sure how you get d-bag out of that.  Not sure if you saw him on his first stint, but he does like to joke around.

i still think a properly motivated gomez could be an asset for this team.  He knows more than the other tryouts what is expected of him.  Then again, I do like the 3 lines that seemed to emerge today.  so not sure he would fit on an energy line and I would like to see jj get a shot.  He has had his moments but seems to get hurt when he gets going.  Gomez would certainly help the 2nd pp unit.  And with Marty gone, the more players that can carry the puck out of our end the better.

AS this team gets cut down,  will be interesting.

Joe

Joe

#242 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,184 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:48 AM

heres a little interview with scott gomez.. we should all watch to see what this guys personality and attitude is really like.. seems to be a real D-bag..but than again i guess if i was washed up and came crawling back to my original team begging for a chance to play i might feel little too.

http://devils.nhl.co...nav-teamnav-njd

He always messes with Matt Loughlin, you can hear Matt cracking up too. They use to do this all the time when he was here.

Personally I still hope he doesn't make the team. I don't want to have to root for him.

#243 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

I guess people see what they want to see.  I think pk has the best description of him.  Goofy.  He can barely keep a straight face when joking with Matt.  He answered some questions seriously, he was joking around on others.  Not sure how you get d-bag out of that.  Not sure if you saw him on his first stint, but he does like to joke around.

i still think a properly motivated gomez could be an asset for this team.  He knows more than the other tryouts what is expected of him.  Then again, I do like the 3 lines that seemed to emerge today.  so not sure he would fit on an energy line and I would like to see jj get a shot.  He has had his moments but seems to get hurt when he gets going.  Gomez would certainly help the 2nd pp unit.  And with Marty gone, the more players that can carry the puck out of our end the better.

AS this team gets cut down,  will be interesting.

Joe

Yeah, seemed like Gomez was just joking around.  Like I and others have said, he's a bit of a doofus, and the Devils seemed to know how to tone down his doofy-level better than anyone else. 

Another ex-Devil who probably wishes he didn't sign for the huge money with another team...oh well.

I think he's probably in the right place mentally to help the Devils out, but it seems like he's got next to nothing left.  It's been bad enough watching guys like Arnott and Holik come back and be shells of what they were (even when that was expected)...don't want to see it with Gomez either. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#244 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

his forced humor makes him come off as a douche..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#245 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

Would rather see Matteau, Ruutu, Carter, or Josefson grab the third or fourth line center spot over Gomez.

Edited by Unthinkable, 20 September 2014 - 07:24 PM.

"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#246 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

There are so many things I'm excited for when the puck drops on Monday and booing Gomez is definitely one of them. I will never be able to root for this guy.

I think the guy has suffered enough since leaving. You have to image he thinks back and asks himself "what if..."

I honestly wish him well, i don't necessarily want him on the team because I think he stinks but I wish him well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users