#181 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

Spyro Mantzas @SpyroMantzas 11m11 minutes ago

@JoshuaKummins you think there's a chance Miles Wood makes the team?

Joshua Kummins @JoshuaKummins 9m9 minutes ago

@SpyroMantzas Definitely. Looked strong in camp, coaches/staff are impressed. Writing about him in my @SBNCollegePuck piece from today, BTW.

#182 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:52 PM

Thursday 12/18
QMJHL
Drummondville lost to Victoriaville 6-4
Anthony Brodeur G: DNP

-- Actually backed up now that Drummondville traded G Louis-Philip Guindon to Rimouski.

OHL
Plymouth defeated Barrie 4-2
Connor Chatham RW: DNP (Injured)

Friday 12/19
OHL
Kingston lost to Peterborough 3-1
Ryan Kujawinski C: DNP (Injured)

USHL
Dubuque lost to Green Bay 3-2 (SO)
Joey Dudek C: -1, 3 Shots, Stopped in SO

Exhibition
USA defeated Boston University 5-2
Miles Wood LW: -1, 1 Shot

https://twitter.com/...087639263490048

"Not at all. Has fit right in; has been strong on wing. RT @PatHandberg: @mikemorrealeNHL has Miles Wood looked out of place?"

https://twitter.com/...107282103488512

"Miles Wood (NJD) getting every opportunity here. Has played with Eichel and was on 2nd line there w/ Schmaltz-Compher."

https://twitter.com/...114239463948288

"Miles Wood took a shot on goal on line with Jack Eichel and Alex Tuch. Devils prospect from Nobles has looked outstanding for #USAWJC."

https://twitter.com/...127444630315008

"BU cuts it to 4-2. Breakdown for US- Miles Wood doesn't get out to point off faceoff, then Eichel & Jack Dougherty can't clear front on reb"

Spyro Mantzas @SpyroMantzas 11m11 minutes ago

@JoshuaKummins you think there's a chance Miles Wood makes the team?

Joshua Kummins @JoshuaKummins 9m9 minutes ago

@SpyroMantzas Definitely. Looked strong in camp, coaches/staff are impressed. Writing about him in my @SBNCollegePuck piece from today, BTW.

Here is that article if anyone is interested. Some quotes on Wood:

"You see his size, just his physical stature is unbelievable," Osiecki said. "But his skating really, you notice. You wouldn't look at (his age and still being in prep school) at all. He jumped on the ice and fit right in, so that's hats off to him."

"I know his camp with New Jersey went well, so the more we thought about it we said we had to get him to this level of competition and see if his game rises up," Johannson said. "For us, these first four days are really critical for him to be playing at this level but also to see what kind of impact he can make here."

Edited by thefiestygoat, 19 December 2014 - 10:53 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#183 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,201 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

It's very early days but getting feedback like at about Miles Wood can only be seen as encouraging.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#184 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:45 PM

Would be amazing if he can somehow make the team since that would be the only opportunity we'd get to see him play.

#185 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted Today, 12:08 AM

Would be amazing if he can somehow make the team since that would be the only opportunity we'd get to see him play.

Fortunately, BU has the game archived and available to stream on their site here. I'm going to try to watch it tomorrow or Monday.
 Some other prospect (mainly Wood) news:

http://www.sbncolleg...ifin-jt-compher

Miles Wood - Not sure if he'll make the roster, but Friday night's performance certainly won't hurt his chances. He was lined up with Eichel on several shifts and looked very solid. As Mark Osiecki commented after the game, he didn't look like he's been playing against prep school competition all season. He's a real good skater and plays with an edge.

http://www.sbncolleg...rld-junior-team

That probably leaves forward Miles Wood on the outside looking in. Wood has acquitted himself well at camp, and proven worthy of his surprise invite, but it's a deep group at forward.

2015 OHL Trade Deadline Preview

As the calendar year approaches its conclusion, that can only mean one thing. The OHL Trade Deadline has almost arrived. This year, overage players must be dealt by January 8, while the deadline for all other players is January 9.

Ryan Kujawinski - Kingston Frontenacs
Every year, there's an OHL trade deadline move that leaves a few people shaking their hands. Quite often, a player is moved that people don't anticipate. This year, my pick for that player is Kujawinski. Kingston is a decent team, but they aren't likely to make much noise in the playoffs (don't have the depth). When Sam Bennett went out for the year, it really ruined the chances of Kingston to be a big player in the East. The team still has a decent core of 96's and 97's who could make the team quite strong again next year. Kujawinski has never really developed into the player Kingston thought he would become when they acquired him (for Ryan Spooner). But he's still having a decent year and should have a fair amount of value (because I expect him to be back in the OHL again next year). He could be a great pick up for a contending team looking to add offensively (I look at London, Guelph and Niagara especially).
Prediction: Kujawinski goes to Niagara for Zach Wilkie and draft picks

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#186 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted Today, 12:16 AM

You know what number he wore? I might check out that video, but it's not always easy to read the nameplates between the video and my pc screen.

EDIT: Nevermind. He's wearing #11 it would appear.

Edited by ATLL765, Today, 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users