#342 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:03 PM

Oof quenneville

I recall he started off really hot putting up well over a point a game, got hurt (back or shoulder) and seems like he's been regressing ever since, at least in the stat line. Hopefully it's mainly a nagging injury that he'll get over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#343 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,523 posts

Posted Today, 01:08 AM

Nobles lost their tournament game. Looks like Miles Wood's final stat line is: 17 GP 17-18-35. Given that he stayed in HS at age 19, I imagine he'll spend 4 years at BC and the hit free agency. Anyway, how long do the Devils have his rights for? Just 2 more years (his FR and SO years) or am I wrong? I always get confused since some guys that don't go to college right away (spend a year in Jr. A or USHL) then stay in college for all 4 years, seem to still have their rights owned by the team that drafted them, even though that's 5 years later.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#344 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted Today, 01:34 AM

Nobles lost their tournament game. Looks like Miles Wood's final stat line is: 17 GP 17-18-35. Given that he stayed in HS at age 19, I imagine he'll spend 4 years at BC and the hit free agency. Anyway, how long do the Devils have his rights for? Just 2 more years (his FR and SO years) or am I wrong? I always get confused since some guys that don't go to college right away (spend a year in Jr. A or USHL) then stay in college for all 4 years, seem to still have their rights owned by the team that drafted them, even though that's 5 years later.

I thought that a team held the rights of their NCAA prospects until 30 days after they leave college.

It would seem that if that weren't the case that teams would kinda get cheated as they'd not have had the opportunity to have the player under direct control of the organization in the way that they would with a player coming out of junior that then plays for a team's AHL affiliate.

Edited by ATLL765, Today, 01:37 AM.

#345 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted Today, 09:41 AM

-- No points in his last 3 games. No goals in his last 10 games. 1 goal in his last 15 games.

haha thanks fiesty, the most depressing sentence on this board!

#346 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,488 posts

Posted Today, 11:14 AM

I thought that a team held the rights of their NCAA prospects until 30 days after they leave college.

It would seem that if that weren't the case that teams would kinda get cheated as they'd not have had the opportunity to have the player under direct control of the organization in the way that they would with a player coming out of junior that then plays for a team's AHL affiliate.

No, this isn't correct, there are all sorts of weird rules that govern this.  

In Wood's case, if the Devils didn't make him an offer, he goes back into the draft, I believe - it's unclear what according to the CBA is a bona fide college student.  So assuming that, they must make him an offer, which he will refuse.  However, what this means is that he is a free agent on August 15th following his graduation from college, should he do so.  This is just like any other college player.  However, if he leaves college early, he is Devils property until whatever comes later:  The 4th June 1 following his selection in the entry draft (so June 1, 2017) or 30 days after he has stopped being a college student, unless this happens in his final year, in which case he would become a free agent August 15, 2019.

Edited by Triumph, Today, 11:15 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#347 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,755 posts

Posted Today, 12:52 PM

I recall he started off really hot putting up well over a point a game, got hurt (back or shoulder) and seems like he's been regressing ever since, at least in the stat line. Hopefully it's mainly a nagging injury that he'll get over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope so... Because if this is what he's doing in junior while healthy, it inspires almost zero hope from me at this point.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#348 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,755 posts

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

http://m.thn.com/blo...ling-prospects/
1. Stefan Matteau, LW, New Jersey Devils (-42)
Last year: 34th overall
This year: dropped out
Matteau brings a skill set New Jersey can use, but he also represents exactly what’s wrong with the organization’s development right now. The Devils have little offense from the forward position coming through the pipeline. Matteau is a big, grinding player who flashed some scoring ability in the QMJHL. The goals just haven’t come in the AHL, though, and his 2013-14 NHL debut was too early. Now that he looks like a checker rather than a top-six guy, he resembles his father, ex-NHLer Stephane, even more.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users