#301 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted Today, 02:42 AM

Delusional as fvck.

Remember last year when he assured us we would make the playoffs with like 8 games left and like 8 wins needed. Good times.

Edited by Sneax, Today, 02:42 AM.

#302 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Today, 02:44 AM

The first goal was a screened shot off the crossbar.  How was that weak?  The final goal was a scramble around the net.  Schneider doesn't have the greatest rebound control either.  But regardless, he also made a lot of key saves.  For a guy who hasn't started all year, he looked solid.  My question to you is why are you expecting a stellar performance?

You're forgetting that there's 2 teams on the ice trying to win.

The 3rd goal didn't happen because the Devils are bad.  And the 4th goal didn't happen because the Devils are bad.

The 3rd goal happened simply because of a fluky bounce.  The 4th goal happened from a stupid play.  Don't just make blanket statements like the Devils are bad in order to say why tonight happened.

Nope not really.  He was actually very wrong.  Not only can the Devils hold leads, they can score empty net goals too.  The Devils blew the lead tonight because of a fluky bounce and one bad decision.  Fact.

No screen on the first goal. It was a straight shot off a turnover. He just didn't pick up on it. Asking for less than 4 goals against and holding a lead with 5 seconds left isn't expecting stellar. It's expecting barely passable. 

Yes, the Devils can hold leads, and they can score empty net goals. Blind squirrels can also find nuts, and broken clocks are right 2 times a day. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#303 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted Today, 02:54 AM

No screen on the first goal. It was a straight shot off a turnover. He just didn't pick up on it. Asking for less than 4 goals against and holding a lead with 5 seconds left isn't expecting stellar. It's expecting barely passable. 

Yes, the Devils can hold leads, and they can score empty net goals. Blind squirrels can also find nuts, and broken clocks are right 2 times a day. 

So in your opinion, no goalie is good in this league.

Using the blind squirrel and broken clock analogy is so stupid.  The Devils do not blow more leads than they protect.  And scoring empty net goals is far from a given.  I wish I knew the raw numbers, but neither do you.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the en goal rate in pulled goalie situations is less than the failure to score en goals.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#304 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted Today, 02:57 AM

“You guys are always looking for patterns,” DeBoer said. “There’s no pattern. This team (Calgary) has come back on lots of teams before. We’ve got some young guys at key positions and we’re learning how to win games.”

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.  It IS a pattern, and it has nothing to do with young guys blowing games when Greene's a -3 and Zajac has a horrid turnover on the first goal.  Or when Jagr makes a rookie mistake turning the puck over in the last thirty seconds of the game.

Edited by NJDevs26, Today, 02:57 AM.

#305 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,021 posts

Posted Today, 03:08 AM

So in your opinion, no goalie is good in this league.

Goalies who have a save percentage that isn't .852 are good. Or .896 last year. Or .874 the year before that. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#306 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,932 posts

Posted Today, 03:12 AM

Goalies who have a save percentage that isn't .852 are good. Or .896 last year. Or .874 the year before that. 

That's fine, and I never said Clemensen is a good goalie.  But he was good tonight under the circumstances.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#307 BostonNala370

BostonNala370

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted Today, 03:22 AM

Management is probably talking to Marty as this debate goes on between Mike Brown vs the rest of the Devils fans!
Are we building a team or are we collecting players

#308 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,169 posts

Posted Today, 04:05 AM

This season is just becoming one big repeat of last season. Nothing has been learned at all.

MB there is a limit to bad luck. You make your own luck in life and the Devils as they are constructed right now don't put themselves in good situations when they have the lead.

A team that constantly throws points down the toilet in such a spectacular fashion is not a good team. You are mistaking bad plays and bad decisions as bad luck.

It's not, it's sh!tty plays by players who should know better. Jagr should not be making plays like that in game critical situations.

But there is no accountability on this team anymore. That got pissed away letting Salvador and Zidlicky have a free pass.

I am at the point where I am all for having a new coach.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#309 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted Today, 06:21 AM

Mike Brown is DeBoer. I'm convinced. They're the only ones on earth who believe their own bullsh!t and refuse to admit they're wrong to this extent.

I'm glad I went to bed early instead of watching any more of this. We were up 2-0 when I went to bed and I 100% knew I'd be waking up to a loss. This team sucks. Nothing will change until changes are made and it all starts with the coach.

believe-devs.jpg

#310 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,725 posts

Posted Today, 07:40 AM

Glad I didn't see this in full. I did make the mistake of watching the highlights (and lowlights) on the NHL network.

I don't put this loss all on Clemmer, but why is this guy getting a start at all? He's not good. What exactly does Kinkaid have to do to get one damned start?

Anyway, I understand the frustration...just the recap alone pissed me off. Re: MB, you guys all know the drill by now. He's annoying and socially stunted. He has that rare ability to aggravate the sh!t out of almost everyone. As far as trying to make sense of both him and his motivations goes...who knows and who cares? The point here is that there's not much point in getting into it with him...you know what you're getting.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#311 BostonNala370

BostonNala370

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted Today, 08:28 AM

Glad I didn't see this in full. I did make the mistake of watching the highlights (and lowlights) on the NHL network.

I don't put this loss all on Clemmer, but why is this guy getting a start at all? He's not good. What exactly does Kinkaid have to do to get one damned start?

Anyway, I understand the frustration...just the recap alone pissed me off. Re: MB, you guys all know the drill by now. He's annoying and socially stunted. He has that rare ability to aggravate the sh!t out of almost everyone. As far as trying to make sense of both him and his motivations goes...who knows and who cares? The point here is that there's not much point in getting into it with him...you know what you're getting.

The game got frustrating in the third period. I agree all the blame shouldn't be on Clemmy. The team made many mistakes in addition to not scoring more goals that they had the chance to score.  The first period they could have had 4 or 5 goals but missed on the opportunity. Then there was the open net. OH well.

As for MB your suggestion is a good one. Stop fueling the fire.

Are we building a team or are we collecting players

#312 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,907 posts

Posted Today, 09:34 AM

There was a screen there - Glencross's stick couldn't be seen from Clemmensen's vantage and the way he shot the puck was right over Zajac's ankle.  Of course he made a ridiculously perfect shot - it may have glanced off Zajac, it may not have, but he didn't have a ton to shoot at even though Clemmensen never saw the shot.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

30 user(s) are reading this topic

11 members, 18 guests, 1 anonymous users