51 replies to this topic

#41 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted Today, 02:58 AM

Guys this is all part of Lou's plan to dump some salary. Blues will sign Marty and the Devils will trade for him, dumping Ryder, Bernier, and maybe Sal too.

I can believe it. The Blues have been exceptionally nice to us in the past. They "let" us have Stevens and then were nice enough to give us a whole bag of picks trying to get him back. With any luck LL can do that again....

That's probably a long shot, eh?
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#42 BostonNala370

BostonNala370

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted Today, 06:11 AM

Best wishes to Marty I hope he gets the job.

Edited by BostonNala370, Today, 06:12 AM.

Are we building a team or are we collecting players

#43 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts

Posted Today, 07:42 AM

Devils and Bruins we're always my fav teams growing up but if i'd be a bandwagoner like most Blackhawks, pittsburgh fan i'd pick the blues right now.

www.SterioDesign.com

#44 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,028 posts

Posted Today, 08:10 AM

I'd been meaning to get a new Blues jersey. I have a blank one from when they added red in the mid 90's and one from around 1999... (Lubos Bartecko, anyone remember that guy??). Even if Marty played like hot garbage, I'd get that jersey haha. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#45 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,172 posts

Posted Today, 11:24 AM

I wish absolutely nothing but the best for him, I hope he sticks it there and plays the season.  Hell, I hope he has a career year.  Like others said, it would only validate his time here.

All that being said.. I'll still die a little on the inside when I see him in another uniform.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#46 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,219 posts

Posted Today, 11:39 AM

I couldn't be more unmoved by this.

go to st. Louis, whatever. even if he doesn't get a contract it will be a little strange seeing him in a blues practice jersey, though we have seen him wear national and all star jerseys, so maybe it won't be so odd.

Edited by '7', Today, 11:40 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#47 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted Today, 11:43 AM

The Blues already played in New Jersey.

fwiw the Blues play at the Isles so you can still catch him in the area if he signs

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted Today, 12:36 PM

Good for Marty, go win that job bud, i'm rootin' for ya
25smul5.png

#49 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted Today, 01:16 PM

Is it wrong of me to hope he gets cut?

#50 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,868 posts

Posted Today, 02:10 PM

The Blues now have had Stevens and Brodeur. The 2 best Devils ever.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,838 posts

Posted Today, 04:35 PM

Is it wrong of me to hope he gets cut?

Not at all....him not making the team might finally be the wakeup call that its OVER and he puts all this "I can still play" nonsense to bed and finally everyone moves on

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#52 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted Today, 07:36 PM

Go get 700, dude. 

23 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 15 guests, 1 anonymous users