53 replies to this topic

#41 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

The Devils are the first major sports franchise to offer a plan like this.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#42 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:41 PM

I stopped my season tickets in 2001 and it broke my heart.  I haven't been to the Rock and probably never will.  I am so glad I don't have money to go to games.  I understand what they are trying to accomplish but the pricing logic just befuddles me.

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

STH's, you will probably take special interest in this one, because it sounds similar to what the Devils have done with regard to secondary market resale restrictions: http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=12584885
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:17 AM

STH's, you will probably take special interest in this one, because it sounds similar to what the Devils have done with regard to secondary market resale restrictions: http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=12584885

The Devils policy is a little different.  I believe that they are saying, if you sell more than 5 games across any resale platform, you MAY be labeled a broker and have your ST's revoked. 

The Warriors aren't even trying to hide the hypocracy of TM Ticketexchange and are saying that you can sell as many tickets as you want on Ticketexchange, but can't use Stubhub or any other resale source (because the Warriors only get a cut of the resale money on Ticketexchange).  To me, that's actually worse than what the Devils are doing.  Hopefully Stubhub takes this case to the mat and wins in court. 

Posted Image

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,966 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:59 AM

I went to the Membership program presentation before yesterday's game.  It was quick and was only about 20 minutes and really no pressure at all.  I have to admit this is the first time I am actually somewhat interested in getting season tickets or at least try out this membership program, so it had some effect.

They also gave me 2 free tickets to the game last night as reward for just listening to them.  Got club seats 3 rows behind the Devils bench.  Can't complain about that!

#46 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,959 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Yeah I gotta say, the membership plan is great. 

#47 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Seems pretty similar to the Devils' policy, although a bit more strict. Devils' policy has more wiggle room. I can't see StubHub's case winning in court. At the end of the day, StubHub is an organized scalping marketplace. Sure it's legal, but will it win out against a giant like Ticketmaster in court? I can't imagine.

#48 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 PM

I went to the Membership program presentation before yesterday's game.  It was quick and was only about 20 minutes and really no pressure at all.  I have to admit this is the first time I am actually somewhat interested in getting season tickets or at least try out this membership program, so it had some effect.

They also gave me 2 free tickets to the game last night as reward for just listening to them.  Got club seats 3 rows behind the Devils bench.  Can't complain about that!

How did you find out about this?  I was a season ticket holder for the past 7 or 8 years and just stopped this season.  I was never contacted by the Devils about this.  You would think they would want to reach out to former season ticket holders to get us back.

#49 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,966 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:00 PM

How did you find out about this? I was a season ticket holder for the past 7 or 8 years and just stopped this season. I was never contacted by the Devils about this. You would think they would want to reach out to former season ticket holders to get us back.

They sent out a blast email to pretty much everyone who has given them their email for anything in the past. I responded by filling out the form and they called me about 2 weeks later. They sent the blast email about a month ago and I know many people who got it.

#50 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 PM

I went to a game where they went over the program as well. Before making a decision I'd like to know what our pricing would be for various sections and games.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#51 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,499 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM

Wat do I want as a fan?  I want to be able to say "Hey guys, lets go to a game tonight" and to be able to buy tickets at a reasonable price - have cheap parking and not some gimmick that tries to woo me like a real business.

It's hockey and I have my farm to table excursions I can plan -- the cost of everything is prohibitive and your distracting from either the hockey or the experience they are selling which is NOT hockey.

Honestly I miss the CAA days when I could drive up to a game on a Weds night and it was no big deal.  I wish sports went back to being sports not big businesses to be run... <_<

I'm here for the party

#52 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,536 posts

Posted Today, 12:15 AM

At least the Warriors are honest about what they are doing. The Devils have denied they get money from nhl ticket exchange, which is a blatant lie. At least the warriors don't lie to your face about it.

That being said I hope stubhub wins the case and comes after the Devils next.

#53 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted Today, 12:24 AM

Im waiting for the day when they contact me about this. I live in Ocean County so its impossible for me to go to every game. I sold almost half this season on stubhub. (And lost money)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#54 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted Today, 03:36 AM

Spoke to my old ticket rep at the Ducks game. He said they are definitely trying to make a push for physical cards instead of paper tickets. STH next season will still get paper tickets this season but expect cards for partial plans either this season or next.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but:

The club seats will only be the 2 center sections now. The surrounding sections will be slightly cheaper, and you can get free food around the concourse every 15 minutes with your ticket.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users