• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jcarm22

jcarm22

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:47 PM

Anyone from the ESPN boards will remember me and my lack of imagination with screen names.

Anyway, I'm just excited to be back in NJ and am hoping for hockey in October! :dance:
"This first song... thank you, thank you... That, of course, 'Sweet Caroline'. I wrote that song after a big show at the Forum. Gary and I had been drinking pretty heavily and we were driving. Yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. So, we got out, and sure enough, he was dead. So we just took off. Pretty fast. And two hours later, I wrote 'Sweet Caroline'". - Will Ferrell, "Neil Diamond - Storytellers" sketch from SNL

#2 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:51 PM

welcome
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#3 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:58 PM

welcome to the board

#4 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:33 AM

welcome! hope you'll like it here

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,455 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

anything we can all do to screw up ESPN is fine by me :)

welcome !
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:02 AM

Hi, there and welcome! :hi:
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 jcarm22

jcarm22

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 12:25 PM

anything we can all do to screw up ESPN is fine by me :)

welcome !

Thanks for all the welcomes.

And ESPN seems to be going out of their way to screw themselves up. Trying to post over there has become like :argh:
"This first song... thank you, thank you... That, of course, 'Sweet Caroline'. I wrote that song after a big show at the Forum. Gary and I had been drinking pretty heavily and we were driving. Yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. So, we got out, and sure enough, he was dead. So we just took off. Pretty fast. And two hours later, I wrote 'Sweet Caroline'". - Will Ferrell, "Neil Diamond - Storytellers" sketch from SNL

#8 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:12 PM

Welcome to the boards. I started as an ESPN poster and found my way over here and now I do 0 posting and reading over on ESPN as its much more interesting and easier to read on this board.

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#9 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:36 PM

Hrmm...what was your name on ESPN? I can't seem to remember you for some reason. I was Sykkie17 over on ESPN, was there for a long time so I *should* remember you, heh.

Nonetheless, welcome aboard :)

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#10 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 01:42 PM

Welcome aboard! :hi:
Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#11 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 04:19 PM

:hi: Welcome to the best board there is. Are you Joey?
Beowulf Sucks
(Reports of my slaying have been greatly exaggerated)

Keeper of the penalty shot Master Viktor Kozlov and Randy McKay's Playoff moustache
http://images.google...UK_USA_flag.gif

#12 jcarm22

jcarm22

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:29 PM

Hrmm...what was your name on ESPN? I can't seem to remember you for some reason. I was Sykkie17 over on ESPN, was there for a long time so I *should* remember you, heh.

Nonetheless, welcome aboard :)

I posted over there as jcarm22. I saw you from time to time, but being stuck in the hockey hinterlands of North Carolina, I didn't keep up with it much. It's kind of hard to stay a hard-core fan about a sport that no one else around you cares about. That being said, I'm looking forward to being able to get back to the CAA for a game or two this season! :clap:

#13 TK

TK

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:33 PM

hi

#14 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

i hated the espn boards

Edited by NJDEVILICEONFIRE, 28 July 2004 - 11:38 PM.

#15 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:03 PM

i hated the espn boards

So did the 10 ex=ESPN posters here :) ! Welcome aboard!

#16 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

Welcome to the boards!
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users