32 replies to this topic

#1 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:28 AM

Hello everyone my name is Max I am from Albany New York and just want to say that I love the Devils. And if buy some chance there is no NHL for a while all you Devil fans in New Jersey are always welcome to come watch the Riverrats play. Us Riverrats fans would love to have you Devil fans come watch the Rats.

#2 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:32 AM

welcome!

and there BETTER be a season :angry: I have a chance to get center ice for the first time this season

#3 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

Well I hope there is a season also because I love comming down to New Jersey to watch the Devils. But if there is a stopage in play you guys can come watch the Rats.

#4 undaimee

undaimee

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

Hello everyone my name is Max I am from Albany New York and just want to say that I love the Devils. And if buy some chance there is no NHL for a while all you Devil fans in New Jersey are always welcome to come watch the Riverrats play. Us Riverrats fans would love to have you Devil fans come watch the Rats.

i have go tix already my friend. River Rats are the future!

#5 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:56 AM

Ask me how many river rat games I am going to after September 15th

I may end up doing a monthly run up there if this season is as dead as I think it might be... you guys NEED to work on your cappuccino options though :)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#6 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:01 AM

Welcome, Max! :hi:
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:10 AM

I may end up doing a monthly run up there if this season is as dead as I think it might be... you guys NEED to work on your cappuccino options though :)

Very true lol.

#8 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:11 AM

Welcome, Max! :hi:

Thank you.

#9 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:17 AM

Welcome to the board!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#10 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:21 AM

Welcome fellow Diablo !
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. •• "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#11 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:23 AM

Welcome to the board!

Buy the way my wife loves your avatar. She like Jamie alot also.

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:50 AM

Very true lol.

though in all fairness the rest of the food in albany blows away the high school cafeteria garbage they sell in the Swamp here !!!

Man you know i'm hockey withdrawn when I am thinking of going to the WWE Show on Saturday just to go to the arena and have a few capuccinos !!! :blink:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#13 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:53 AM

I have been hockey wtihdrawn since the Rats played there last home game and the Devils got knocked out of the playoffs.

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:54 AM

dude the difference was 2 games.... and a LOT more money in playoff tickets which is now part of their lockout fund.... what a sham :P

but I do hear where you're coming from !

#15 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

though in all fairness the rest of the food in albany blows away the high school cafeteria garbage they sell in the Swamp here !!!

There's gotta be some consolation for having such a bad team :D

79 days to go! Of course, going to work every day is a huge tease since I work a block away from the arena!

P.S. I think this is the third time I've said this, but welcome! :clap:

Edited by Fidgetess, 28 July 2004 - 05:14 PM.

Kool-Aid free since 2006.

#16 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 05:56 PM

There's gotta be some consolation for having such a bad team :D

79 days to go! Of course, going to work every day is a huge tease since I work a block away from the arena!

P.S. I think this is the third time I've said this, but welcome! :clap:

It is hard on you because you work 1 black away from the arena? It could be worse you could be me I work at the arena.

#17 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:30 PM

Hey Max,

My girlfriend lives in Albany, and I might as early as of January, but definitely next year. A very overlooked and underestimated city, if you ask me.

And yes, I'll be at every game as soon as I live there.

Gotta love the crowd's appreciation of Skrlac.

Pepsi Arena rules because it has Labatt on tap!!! Ooh, and funnel cake, but the lines are way too long sometimes.

#18 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:49 PM

They need new seats. Some of them are really beat up.

#19 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 06:51 PM

There is alot of stuff in that arena that need to be fixed but that what happens when you have a bunch of lousey workers that do not want to do anything.

#20 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 07:00 PM

almost 40 post in one day :blink: impressive.... most impressive B )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users