75 replies to this topic

#61 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 12:29 AM

Well, when someone does the whole "I have a source" thing they create a reputation for themselves. If they are consistently accurate, then more power to them. Those that are spewing bullsh!t eventually stop or are driven out. I don't remember any of smelly's previous inside info (if any), but why not give him the benefit of the doubt for now and see what happens?

allright, good point, smelly, i wont question you for now, im just a skeptical person in general but lets just wait and see..

#62 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 08:22 AM

I don't have a problem with "I have a source stories". I wait and see if they come to pass. If they do that poster gets more credibility to me. If they don't, I tend to be more skeptical of any "insider" information from that poster. I do have a problem with stories that seem to be made up and not backed up with any information in the media. Of course, the made up stories by the media is a different matter entirely. :P
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#63 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:49 PM

::Sniff:: ::Sniff::

Still smells like a nice pile of you know what. It's been 2 years, how come no comfirming??

Beter get your nose checked out, methinks . . .

#64 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:51 PM

Way to go smelly...I trusted you from the beginning of this thread :hail:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#65 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:58 PM

Thanks -- you and I just got to enjoy Sarge's return a little longer than the doubters!

#66 Max

Max

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:06 PM

Thanks -- you and I just got to enjoy Sarge's return a little longer than the doubters!

Good to see that Sergi got resigned,

#67 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

Alright you can take your bows smelly but no need to be snitty toward the skeptics, there've been a bunch of rumors posted here that either haven't come true (the Gomez being traded this offseason one still hasn't :P) or we'll never know the truth (the supposed Burns/Stevens feud last year) so you HAD to expect some cynicism, even though you yourself didn't post those. And I thought Brylin would resign anyway, plus I had a little more faith in your rumor when you explained that Lou usually was pretty forthcoming to valued season ticket holders.

Now that your rumor was correct, people will believe you the next time. And I'll pin your thread, even though the official press release is in the other thread.

Edited by Hasan4978, 19 August 2004 - 07:16 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#68 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:31 PM

Alright you can take your bows smelly but no need to be snitty toward the skeptics, there've been a bunch of rumors posted here that either haven't come true (the Gomez being traded this offseason one still hasn't :P) or we'll never know the truth (the supposed Burns/Stevens feud last year) so you HAD to expect some cynicism, even though you yourself didn't post those.  And I thought Brylin would resign anyway, plus I had a little more faith in your rumor when you explained that Lou usually was pretty forthcoming to valued season ticket holders.

Now that your rumor was correct, people will believe you the next time.  And I'll pin your thread, even though the official press release is in the other thread.

Fair enough. I promise that there won't be a next time unless I get some more solid info . . .

Edited by smelly, 19 August 2004 - 07:32 PM.

#69 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:49 PM

congrats smelly, long live smelly and all his smelly romours!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

#70 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:05 PM

Alright you can take your bows smelly but no need to be snitty toward the skeptics, there've been a bunch of rumors posted here that either haven't come true (the Gomez being traded this offseason one still hasn't :P) or we'll never know the truth (the supposed Burns/Stevens feud last year) so you HAD to expect some cynicism, even though you yourself didn't post those.  And I thought Brylin would resign anyway, plus I had a little more faith in your rumor when you explained that Lou usually was pretty forthcoming to valued season ticket holders.

Now that your rumor was correct, people will believe you the next time.  And I'll pin your thread, even though the official press release is in the other thread.

Fair enough. I promise that there won't be a next time unless I get some more solid info . . .

I'd expect nothing less :)
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#71 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,568 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:59 PM

Here's a pic that TSN was running:

Posted Image
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#72 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:13 AM

I still don't believe it, TSN is so unreliable... hehe jk :P
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : "He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin’ cheeseburger dude!

#73 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 06:52 PM

Dunno if it was mentioned, but NHLPA.com shows Brylin making $2M in the first year of the contract.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#74 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:23 PM

Dunno if it was mentioned, but NHLPA.com shows Brylin making $2M in the first year of the contract.

yikes, where is the money comming from?!

#75 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:58 PM

yikes, where is the money comming from?!

Yer wallet. :P
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#76 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:45 PM

Maybe Lou knows the next CBA's going to make all salaries payable in Canadian dollars :evil:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users