31 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 12:07 PM

Well, it's just funny to see him declare how 'right' he is.. as if he's presented us with truth and we can't question it, ever.

It would be nice to see him actually construct decent arguments, though.. this one's got holes all over the place.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 devspage

devspage

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 12:19 PM

It would be nice to see him actually construct decent arguments, though.. this one's got holes all over the place.

The biggest most glaring hole being the statement that Sykora is showing "speed he never showed on the Devils."

Hmmmm... me thinketh there's something wrong with that comment. About 10 things wrong with it actually. If he was back with the Devils he would suddenly show it? He saved all his speed to be a Ducky?
---
The Post dispelling myths???!! (First time for everything.)

Elias says he doesn't wonder why the A-Line was broken up and his linemates were traded. "What good would it do for me?" he asked.

#23 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 12:34 PM

The fact that the Devils have no one they can put in front

But they do have someone they can put in front on the PP - his name is Joe Nieuwendyk! He's made a living out of that his whole career! So why doesn't Burns use him that way here????

Frustrating!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#24 Diablo

Diablo

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 12:50 PM

come on people you know you can't win when Kingdevil makes a statement. It is obvious that we don't have the intellect to properly anaylise or understand his anaylisis of the stats he presents. So i suggest the grin and nod method of replying to KD's posts. After all isn't it apparent it is the only way for him to maybe stop talking sooner.

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 01:10 PM

The funniest part is if Sykora was still with the team KD would be arguing why we couldn't trade him for something to make the team good, like a great rushing defenseman and a more physical forward.

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#26 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 02:03 PM

[quote name='Blackjack' date='Nov 9 2002, 09:32 AM']Doesn't he say something like, 'now I want you to pull my wallet out of the bag.'

And the guy goes 'Which wallet is it?'

And Samuel L. goes 'It's the one that says 'Bad Motherf*cker'

That's it Blackjack! LOL... and then he recites that passage from The Bible.

It goes something like, "The path of the righteous man ... blah, blah, blah ... And I will strike down upon the with great vengeance and furious anger. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay thy vengeance upon the!!!!!"

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#27 devspage

devspage

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 02:51 PM

I just watched Jackie Brown.

Man, Jackson can recite those Tarantino lines like nobody's f'n bizness!!!!
---

Elias says he doesn't wonder why the A-Line was broken up and his linemates were traded. "What good would it do for me?" he asked.

#28 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 03:02 PM

I say we pay Samuel L. Jackson an even $1 million to be another coach for us.

He'd whip our boys into shape real quick.

Jackson & Burns running practice... goodness me! :ph34r:

Burns: Jeff! You missed the net! Push-up time!
Sammy: You heard him, motherf*cker! Drop to the motherf*cking ice and give the man his f*cking pushups!
MacLean: It's ok. Nice effort, Jeff! You'll get it next time.
Sammy: ...man, shut the f*ck up, bitch.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#29 devspage

devspage

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 03:49 PM

Hahaha!!!

:joker:
---

#30 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,888 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 03:55 PM

yes, Sykora is a much better player and I'd drop Friesen for him back in a second. But I'd also like to keep Tverdovsky here too, so you can't have it both ways. It was a fair trade.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#31 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 04:19 PM

I say we pay Samuel L. Jackson an even $1 million to be another coach for us.

He'd whip our boys into shape real quick.

Jackson & Burns running practice... goodness me! :ph34r:

Burns: Jeff! You missed the net! Push-up time!
Sammy: You heard him, motherf*cker! Drop to the motherf*cking ice and give the man his f*cking pushups!
MacLean: It's ok. Nice effort, Jeff! You'll get it next time.
Sammy: ...man, shut the f*ck up, bitch.

Guess what boys...the force will not be with you this time around :o
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#32 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 09 November 2002 - 10:43 PM

Iggy, that Samuel L. Jackson/Pat Burns skit was classic :joker:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users