• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 11:37 AM

The admins of this site have decided that posting deliberately antagonistic or personal stuff will not be prohibited. Furthermore, posting for the intent of starting pointless arguments is not going to be allowed here in njdevs.com world.

A lot of posters are complaining about the way agruments are going on. It is detreacting from meaningful hockey discussion and is discouraging new members from joining. Many long time posters are sick of this stuff, including me. How many posters are afraid to post anything about say Scott Stevens, for fear of personal attack or starting a "Stevens Retire" thread? A trade Nieds thread is ok, once, maybe twice. Everyday is unacceptable.

If this kind of posting continues, the posters will be suspended or banned.

Think twice before you mention someone's name in a post, or you say a Devil's player sucks. It has to have a purpose other than to start a fight or be deliberately negative.

It is ok to post negative things about Devil's players. There just has to be a point to it. Remember, this is a pro-Devils board, open for MEANINGFUL hockey discussion.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 DevilsFan

DevilsFan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 01:17 PM

I will abide by the rules and I love the Devils.. There is no reason for me to complain...

Let's Go Devils

#3 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 01:43 PM

The admins of this site have decided that posting deliberately antagonistic or personal stuff will not be allowed. Furthermore, posting for the intent of starting pointless arguments is not going to be allowed here in njdevs.com world.

msweet...help me out...why does the second sentence seem to contradict the first...are both prohibited or just one :unsure:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#4 GR

GR

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 01:54 PM

It is confusing and the sentences are incorrectly structured. I think he is trying to say that both won't be allowed.

It's like locking and unlocking and then locking, who's confused?

Or removing posts and allowing others to stay that responded to the post that was removed which then is hard to follow the context of the posting.

But he is trying, give him/her credit for that, as the board changes it's policies in mid stream, instead of starting a new board, which no one wants.

He or she should use the Holik example which he or she was so much a part of, which looks like a double standard today with the changing policies.

I conmend the effort for a better board with people that will talk hockey both positively and negatively as it pretains to the Devils and other teams. Let's start with the removing of the homer attitude as well. Be open minded when discussing the Devils cause there is a lot to discuss about this season's team both positive and negative.

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 02:17 PM

I think the point is not having the same arguements posted in every thread. Like lets say someone really is in a mood where they are pissed the Devils aren't bigger. Then in every thread, regardless of the meaning of the post, they start posting how the problem comes back to the Devils lack of size. This would now be considered abuse because we don't need to rehash the same arguements every day over and over in every post.

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 Chico

Chico

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 02:26 PM

Let's start with the removing of the homer attitude as well. Be open minded when discussing the Devils cause there is a lot to discuss about this season's team both positive and negative.

In my opinion you SHOULD be a homer if you're posting on this board...does that mean the Devils can do no wrong? That you can't complain about poor play (i.e. Saturday)? Does that mean the "enemy" shouldn't post here? NO. If you're going to bash the team keep it objective and factual. Enjoy this forum and keep it clean and we all will have a good time.
Go Devils!!!

Chico

#7 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 02:30 PM

I see some of you are deliberately not getting it.

Everyone understands the point I was making, but instead you point out a typo (which I've fixed) in order to attack personally or ridicule what was said.

You all know what I mean, and if you want to post here, you need follow.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#8 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 02:38 PM

The thing I don't like is when posters start bashing each other like infants.

That's got to end.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#9 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 03:38 PM

with personal stuff, is off-topic still open game?

like if i wanted to post about something interesting i did this weekend, could i use off-topic? i wouldn't post it in hell obviously but sometimes i feel like sharing...

hopefully you'll agree with me and let off-topic be of any topic... thanks for the warning, i think this board really needs it.

#10 Yeah, I suck

Yeah, I suck

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 03:49 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is WAY too funny (and ridiculus).

Here's what I think (if anyone bothers to read it). I don't know how many of you guys go to letsgokings.com. That is a great board, you know why? cause there isn't such this as this. People post their what they want. Wether it's postivie, negative, a personal attack, whatever. Those kinds of things make a board FUN, if you admins censor every single peice of negative posts, the board will get ruined. You might lose people just for the fact that the board may lose interest. I don't know how many of you guys take this board seriously when you leave the computer, but come on guys. Stop crying/analysing everything so in depth. Sure, if you take this board too seriously, you'll get hurt.

You guys are no fun, take a chill pill, and step back from the screen.
Professionally banned.

#11 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 03:55 PM

KD, give it a rest...

MSweet is right, just listen ok??
thanks sweet, i get it
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
And when your head is spinning, your lungs are gasping for air, and you're wondering what hit you...
We will start the 2nd period.
--BlackJack

knowing nothing is better than knowing it all

#12 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 03:56 PM

Of course, anything associated with the Kings is better than something associated with the Devils. :blink:

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#13 Yeah, I suck

Yeah, I suck

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:00 PM

Of course, anything associated with the Kings is better than something associated with the Devils. :blink:

-Scott

Speaking of personal attacks... :rolleyes: I take it this "character" skipped the thread.
Professionally banned.

#14 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:02 PM

Where was the character attack? All I did was mention the Kings, I know that isn't a bad thing. :P

-Scott

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#15 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:02 PM

cant we just all get along!
see, im changing my post cuz i started it..
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
And when your head is spinning, your lungs are gasping for air, and you're wondering what hit you...
--BlackJack

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:05 PM

I'd say Niedsfan has the first attack of the thread. :D And before I upset Niedsfan, I'm only kidding!

-Scott

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#17 Yeah, I suck

Yeah, I suck

Draft Pick

• Suspended
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:10 PM

both of you SHUT UP

Niederfan, please don't play Ms. Police officer...
Professionally banned.

#18 Nieda

Nieda

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:14 PM

my name is JESSICA,
and im not playing Ms. Police, im just trying to keep the thread the way it started
We will out skate you.
We will out work you.
We will out will you.
--BlackJack

#19 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:14 PM

Okay, I've had enough of all of this.

Stop looking for reasons to fight with each other. Why is it that everyone has the need to bitch and moan about something every single day?

Msweet is an admin. If he says something, you better believe you all should follow.

This board is a priviledge, and many of you are abusing it.

You want to get to the point where people need to be suspended and banned? You want it to get to the point where no one wants to post anymore??? Other boards have gone under, and this one has the potential if some of you don't shut your mouths and learn a thing or two.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#20 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 11 November 2002 - 04:15 PM

well, so much for dignified.
somehow I think this was just what the poster of this thread was hoping wouldn't happen.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users