#1 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 02:51 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...ry.asp?id=99104

yeah Davos won!! thornton with 2 assist woohoo.

now floppa is gone for GOOD. i'm sure there are loads of avs fans crying without realizing they have a man by the name of joe sakic who is more than capable of handling the avs without floppa.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#2 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 03:16 PM

Eh, personally I'd say this was a bigger deal if the NHL wasn't in lockout mode.

He still could return for another go 'round in the future, provided there's a season. If not, the Avalanche are going to miss him.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#3 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,815 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 03:46 PM

more bad news, even if it's an abbreviated season the NHL has lost it's best player. True fans of the game are unhappy about this.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#4 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:21 PM

Guess I'm not a true fan of the game. I guess I'll have to leave njdevs.com and find a football board to hang out on. :P
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#5 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 04:45 PM

Guess I'm not a true fan of the game. I guess I'll have to leave njdevs.com and find a football board to hang out on.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ya beat me too it.
Posted Image

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#6 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 05:58 PM

hahaha floppa thats why i didnt see this thread

#7 MissionHockey

MissionHockey

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:43 PM

now floppa is gone for GOOD. i'm sure there are loads of avs fans crying without realizing they have a man by the name of joe sakic who is more than capable of handling the avs without floppa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sakic is 35 years old and I honestly don't think he has anymore 100 point seasons left in him. The Avs will survive obviously, Hejduk and Tanguay are a very good supporting cast. Theres a good chance that Kariya might stay also, but Forsberg is still a huge huge loss.
NJDevs keeper of Zach Parise

I just want you all to notice me and people to see
that somewhere deep down
there's a decent human being in me
It just can't be found
So the reason you are seeing this me
Its cuz this is me now
the recent dude whos being this mean }:-)

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

He is 31

#9 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:50 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sakic is 35 years old and I honestly don't think he has anymore 100 point seasons left in him. The Avs will survive obviously, Hejduk and Tanguay are a very good supporting cast. Theres a good chance that Kariya might stay also, but Forsberg is still a huge huge loss.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of course he is a HUGE loss, but regardless sakic and co can still hold up the team. they still got a great team. sakic, hejduk, tanguay, foote, blake, and skratstins was a huge revalation last year. vaanenen is showing some potential. svatos is very good as he showed in the playoffs. sakic won't be a 100 point guy but he'll still be great. look at his awsome playoff he is clutch don't worry.
Posted Image

#10 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

sakic is 5-11?????? wow he doesn't look like it at all.
Posted Image

#11 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:35 PM

The Avs didn't miss him in the 2001 playoffs. Honestly, it's not like it matters. There won't be NHL hockey till next year anyway.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#12 ice berg slim

ice berg slim

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:43 PM

tomas vokoun is very underrated

#13 SHEDEVIL30

SHEDEVIL30

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:54 PM

Of course any team would miss what FOPPA brings. There is no doubt in my mind when he is healthy he is one of the best players in the world. However, when it comes down to it Joe Sakic is the guy that is the true heart of that team. I believe he will be like a Stevie Yzerman of Detroit, even when he can't put up those 100 point seasons any longer, he will still be inspiring the team other ways.
"Goaltending is a normal job. Sure. How would you like it if in your job every time that you made a small mistake, a red light went off over your head and fifteen-thousand people stood up and yelled at you."---J. Plante

#14 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:02 PM

tomas vokoun is very underrated

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

was that in response to my sig?

anyways. i agree.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users