• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,613 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 09:12 PM

I'm having a problem with the private messaging system, particularly with drafts. Yesterday I started my submission to Don's '80s music montage and saved it because I wanted to come back to it today. Well, when I went to retrieve it today, there was no text in the message body box. I composed my entry, clicked Send, and got a MySQL error. I went back to the "compose message" screen and the message was gone again, so I rewrote the message, clicked Save, went back into the message, and it was gone *again*. I wrote my guesses one more time, copied it, went to send and got the MySQL error again. That's when I gave up, started a new message and sent it without any difficulty.

Any ideas as to why the board chokes on saved drafts? Also, is anyone else having this problem or am I just cursed? :ph34r:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:03 PM

I was unable to duplicate this. Can other people try and see if this happens to you? I will attempt to get this fixed, sorry about the issue Rowdy.

#3 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,613 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:24 PM

Interesting. I tried it again and it came up fine. Maybe it fixed itself, then, because I know it was happening before.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,628 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 10:57 PM

no my PMs have been fine all week... sorry !
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#5 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:22 PM

Turns out you aren't crazy. If you delete any PM's while having a saved(unsent) message it will delete the body of the message. I am sorry about that, I was going through the bug reports it has been fixed in the just released version of the forums. I will have to upgrade sometime soon.

#6 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,613 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 06:25 PM

Ah, that explains it. Yeah, I think I may have deleted a PM or two while I had that one saved. Thanks, DM. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users