25 replies to this topic

#1 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:44 PM

My post total is too high... now I'm not saying I want a CAP on the amount of posting I can do -- but can I get my overall total rolled back 25% so I dont feel like quite so LARGE of a loser? Just scale back the number so it looks like I'm only posting say 5 posts a day as opposed to my current 9.6 post per day average.

See I COULD take responsibility for the accumulation myself and cut back on posts.. but basically I'd have to not post for about 250 days... and I think that that's just impossible for me... I've tried.

So I need postric bypass surgery... I need outside help to make myself LOOK like less of a pig than I am...

think we could do something like that? :uni:

I'm here for the party

#2 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:53 PM

:rolleyes:

That's just not going to work. We roll you back 25%, an in a couple months, you'll be right back in the same situation. You have to do something systemic to lower your post totals, like, say, give some of your posts to other posters with less. Or let the dog use the computer more. But I'm still firmly in favour of cutting people off at 5 a day. Otherwise, you're just being greedy. I mean, how in the world is someone who can only post 1 message per day supposed to compete?
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#3 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

Insecure much, PK? ;)

Don: :rofl:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#4 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:18 PM

PK what happens if you go to post-arbitration and they award you 150% of your current post-total.. would you turn them down ??? :blink:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#5 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:29 PM

A roll back? Perhaps a Hard Cap on postings. ;) :lol:
So Say We All

#6 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:32 PM

:doh1: You got yourself into this, now live with it lady! :P

:evil:

:whistling:

EDIT: Holy crap, when did I hit 8000 posts!? :noclue: I want a roll back too! :D

Edited by sammyk, 10 December 2004 - 04:33 PM.

This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,622 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:44 PM

EDIT: Holy crap, when did I hit 8000 posts!? :noclue:  I want a roll back too! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me about it. It took me almost 2 years to hit 1000, and 5 months later I'm coming up on 2000. :wacko:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#8 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:55 PM

But PK you are not linking post count to bandwidth used. If you don't tie those two together, we may be forced to lock you out. :evil:
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:04 PM

I don't want any rollbacks, we can survive with nothing less then a hard cap at 3,500 posts.

#10 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:38 PM

I don't want any rollbacks, we can survive with nothing less then a hard cap at 3,500 posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DM, when a poster hits 3,500 posts, are we forced to trade them to the board of a rich team that can send us back posters with lower post totals??? Or do they come back with a new name???

I mean, do we send PK to Detroit for posters to be named later???
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#11 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,716 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

could be worse... we could send her to the predators board :lol:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#12 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:12 PM

My post total is too high... now I'm not saying I want a CAP on the amount of posting I can do  -- but can I get my overall total rolled back 25% so I dont feel like quite so LARGE of a loser?  Just scale back the number so it looks like I'm only posting say 5 posts a day as opposed to my current 9.6 post per day average.

See I COULD take responsibility for the accumulation myself and cut back on posts.. but basically I'd have to not post for about 250 days... and I think that that's just impossible for me... I've tried. 

So I need postric bypass surgery...  I need outside help to make myself LOOK like less of a pig than I am...

think we could do something like that?  :uni:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I THINK HES WORKING FOR THE NHLPA!! Hes trying to create a Forum union! :o

:rofl: :rofl:
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:56 AM

:o posts link to bandwidth use... YIKES!

I like where this thread is going -- I see a really healthy dialog starting though we haven't really dealt with the issue...

Gad zooks sammy -- you're the saving grace when I your totals up as a benchmark for board hogdom! :P I'm right behind you but at least I'm not ahead of you. Look how NJay is STILL up there and he hasn't really posted much at all in the past year and 1/2!!

I'm here for the party

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:04 PM

We should have a luxury tax on posts :P For each post after 5,000 two get added onto the total and for each post after 7,500 three get added on. That'd curtail posting real fast :evil:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:23 PM

While I'm glad I'm just the little guy with not much of a post count, I'm very upset and surprised at the 24% rollback on posting counts! This affects the little guys more than the big thousnads upon thousands of posts posters! :rolleyes:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#16 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:49 PM

Gad zooks sammy -- you're the saving grace when I your totals up as a benchmark for  board hogdom!  :P  I'm right behind you but at least I'm not ahead of you.  Look how NJay is STILL up there and he hasn't really posted much at all in the past year and 1/2!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PK, what's your total when combined with DarwinDog? :D
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#17 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:10 PM

Long Live DarwinDog !
Personally I only read his posts anyways ! :rolleyes: :lol:
(I know he likes blondes)
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#18 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:23 PM

Nothing wrong with liking blondes :evil:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#19 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:48 PM

Few questions about this hard cap... does this include all boards or isthis cap stricitly for NJDEVS??

I'd hate to think my posts at FFF wopuld hurt me here...

also, do playoff posts count against the regular season cap?? nd how do we count posts during the lock out???

So many questions.... I might need an increase ont he cap just to understand the cap@!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#20 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:36 PM

Nothing wrong with liking blondes  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I keep telling Darwin's owner !! :doh1:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users