61 replies to this topic

#21 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:45 PM

You're only dancing on this earth for a short while. . .

:saddevil: Too short. RIP in peace Hells. Now you fly.

:(
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#22 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:58 PM

This is terrible. Rest in Peace Claudia.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:11 PM

Definitely a shame :saddevil:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Christopher_watts31_ls

Christopher_watts31_ls

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

Very sad........she was the same age as me its so unfair .......I never had the privelage to talk to her on her.....My prayers go to her family

Edited by martinbrodeur_302004, 14 December 2004 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image Of Ilya Kovalchuk

#25 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:39 PM

Wow, my prayers to her family and all those who will have a hard time dealing with her loss!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#26 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:43 PM

That is terrible :(. Best wishes to her family. Far too young an age to be gone :saddevil:.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#27 MissionHockey

MissionHockey

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:05 PM

I didn't talk to her much, but she was my age and it seems wierd that a life just like mine can be taken away so quickly. In my school a classmate of mine whom I had known since 1st grade died earlier this school year at the age of 16. It hasn't been a good year.
NJDevs keeper of Zach Parise

I just want you all to notice me and people to see
that somewhere deep down
there's a decent human being in me
It just can't be found
So the reason you are seeing this me
Its cuz this is me now
the recent dude whos being this mean }:-)

#28 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:27 PM

So young...may her family find peace :(
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#29 Mighty Grendel

Mighty Grendel

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:08 PM

:( So sad, My prayers go to her family and friends. Rest in peace Claudia
Beowulf Sucks
(Reports of my slaying have been greatly exaggerated)

Keeper of the penalty shot Master Viktor Kozlov and Randy McKay's Playoff moustache
http://images.google...UK_USA_flag.gif

#30 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 07:23 PM

That's terrible.

My condolences.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#31 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:28 PM

wow....thats awful. so young....

R.I.P.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#32 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:30 PM

Wow. That's horrible news. I didn't know her well, but she seemed so passionate from her posts, especially about her nephew and the Devils. RIP Claudia and my condolences to her friends and family.
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#33 femalenynjazfan

femalenynjazfan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:55 PM

Wow. Its a shame what happened. I wish her family and friends all the best. RIP :pray:

#34 gomersgrl

gomersgrl

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:02 PM

Horrible news, God Bless!
NJdevs Keeper of Gomer

#35 BBBeth

BBBeth

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:38 PM

Hi everyone. I'm Beth and I'm Claudia's sister. After reading all this I thought it appropriate to reply and give my thanks for all your compassion. It's great to know that Claudia was involved with such great people, she often would mention something someone would say on "the boards". One thing's for sure, the Devils and hockey were two of her greatest passions and would always make our family go to games often, we had even buried her with her Scott Stevens jersey folded at her side. She had even told me she planned to make my son, Jack, a goalie, saying hockey needed more good American goalies besides "damn Richter". She was a great person, almost like a role model even to me, despite me being 8 years older than her. She had had a rough life and really was waking up and getting things together. She had gotten on the honor roll for the first time since 5th grade, was applying for colleges, shooting for a scholarship in the field of psychology in drug and alcohol abuse counseling. She had grown up so much the past year and a half despite everything that was going on around her, the way she worked so hard everyday going to school, helping out our parents, taking care of my son, making dinner, cleaning, and the motivation she had- everything, you would have thought she was so much older than she really was...

But I'm absolutely sure she'll be rooting for the Devils in the stands once the season gets started, Lord knows she did so loudly in life (we had gotten quite a few noise complaints over the years).
Again thank you all

#36 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:43 PM

Rest in peace, Hells... rest in peace.

#37 Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

Patrick Sundstrom Ghost

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:42 PM

I am new here, and did not know her, but this is a terrible story, and I am sorry to all of you who were friends with her, and her family.

R.I.P Claudia:(

Jason

Edited by Patrick Sundstrom Ghost, 14 December 2004 - 11:43 PM.

#38 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:50 PM

Thank you for sharing with us, Beth. I sincerely hope you stick around for a while. I'm praying for Claudia along with you and your family. She was a very upbeat poster, I wish I could have gotten to know her better but it's definitely comforting to know she'll always be rooting for Scotty Stevens and the Devils. :)

:pray:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#39 Devils30

Devils30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:15 AM

Very sad story to hear about. My condolences to her family and those of you friends with her from this site. :(

May she R.I.P.

#40 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:34 AM

Beth:

I truly am sorry for your loss.

Is there anything that I (perhaps we) could do to help out? Did you ask for any donations to be made in Claudia's name? It may be a small gesture, but I somehow feel the need to do something more than writing a few words on a message board.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users