61 replies to this topic

#1 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,526 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:25 PM

It's been a day and half since I found out but I was sitting on it.. just cause it took this long to totally absorb and even accept the fact that it happened..... she was only 17 too... it seems so unfair......

I don't think many of you guys out there knew her, but I knew her kinda well over the last few months... and I'm still broken up the news of this. I had become pretty good friends with Hells over the past few months as we'd talk all the time on here (a good bit of that was from the GTA thread), and we became pretty good friends, and I got to know her as well as you can know someone through one of these forums without actually meeting them. And then I got the news yesterday morning. Saw her listed on the on-line list... so I sent her a PM asking where she's been.... and it's how I found out this awful news.. turns out it was her sister going through all her internet stuff to try to tell her friends (of wish I considered myself one) what happened to her...... it's hard enough to type so I will just say what her sister said

She was quite a character and was just getting her life straightened out it seems. She was driving my car at when it must have broken down. She was parked on the side of the highway when the truck hit the back of the car. She had brain damage and was being kept alive by machines, but we decided to turn them off because she had told me once that if anything ever happened to her and there's wasn't a chance to return to normal to just not let her stay alive, we decided to honor her wishes. It all just seems so unfair, she loved her new nephew so much and was planning on going to college and break the mold of this family and she could have done it. I'm sorry this is very surreal to read what I just wrote...

So Claudia I hope somewhere you can see this thread, I wish I had gotten to know you better (though I considered us rather close as is) and I was looking forward to you coming back to NJ for college and I'm going to miss the hell out of you (pardon the pun)... God speed where ever you are now, and I just hope you have a great seat somewhere near me when the Devils win the Cup again... I'll always miss you and think highly of you...at least you'll look good in the great beyond with your Devils jersey... it's so hard to say this to a person who I considered such a dear friend... but good bye, I'll miss you and think of you always ! Hopefully you're in a better place now :pray:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#2 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

Damn. I didn't know her at all, but this totally sucks. Why does this sh!t always seem to happen around the holidays? :saddevil:

This makes it two boards I'm on where someone has died in the last month. Unreal.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#3 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:38 PM

Wow...didn't really know her, but I did notice she wasn't posting. Really sad. My condolences to her family. :(
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#4 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:39 PM

OMG this is horrible news :(

Im so sorry to hear about all this, my thoughts and prayers are with her, her family, and anyone who is a friend of hers :pray:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#5 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

OMG. That is....well...it sucks! I don't know what to say but, too young for someone to go. RIP, Hells. :evilcry:
Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#6 Swede

Swede

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,193 posts

sad to hear this. My condolences to her family and friends.

#7 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:41 PM

I was upset reading this yesterday when it was relayed to me via RD. May she rest in peace. It is always a tragedy when someone dies especially so young.

RD made a nice graphic which has been added as Hells profile image so she can be remembered.

Posted Image

#8 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:42 PM

thank you crasher.

I'm here for the party

#9 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:46 PM

Oh my goodness.

So shocking. She will be remembered as a person of great spirit and strength.
Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#10 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:47 PM

My thoughts and prayers to her family. God bless
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#11 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 12:53 PM

I'm not one to write condolensces to people who won't read them, but my heart does go out to those that knew Hells.

Kinda makes the rest of what we've been bickering about on here the past few days seem totally insignificant.

BTW - I saw the graphic on her members page. Very well done RD.

Thanks for letting us know Scott.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#12 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:03 PM

http://www.njdevs.co...showtopic=16215

Rest in peace, Claudia. I know you'll still be rooting for the Devils up in Heaven. :pray:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#13 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:30 PM

Wow, this is horrible.

May her soul rest in peace.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#14 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

That is really sad....I feel so sad fow those who knew her...
Posted Image

#15 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:36 PM

It was sobering when I heard the news yesterday. My thoughts go out to her friends and family.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#16 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

G-d bless her family.

May she rest in peace.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#17 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:19 PM

A sad loss :(

Rest in Peace :pray:
So Say We All

#18 Elias Sports Bureau

Elias Sports Bureau

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,063 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:24 PM

Tomorrow is that Wear Your Jersey day thing. And I was thinking that for our forum we could do it in Claudia's honor.

Farewell, friend.

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau, 14 December 2004 - 03:26 PM.

Keeper of Patrik Elias, Alexander Mogilny and njdevs.com Keepers

"We've let the fans down. People pay good money and they've always had pride in the Devils." -- Scott Gomez

#19 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:30 PM

I am so sorry to hear this news. :( It sucks to hear stories like this, espicially when it happens to people that are young and around your age. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. RIP

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#20 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,911 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:38 PM

this is terrible news :( I can hardly think of anything to say...

17 years old, this is just unfair. These things shouldn't happenPosted Image

god bless Claudia
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users