Photo

What Christmas Gifts Did You Buy YOURSELF?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:54 PM

I went out today and finished off the Xmas shopping. However, I probably spent as much on stuff for me than I did for family and friends. :rolleyes:

Stuff I bought for myself:
- The new "Pirates!"
- The guide for San Andreas
- A bag of "Goodies" (the candy-covered licorice)
- Egg Nog
- The complete first season of E.R.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#2 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:23 PM

I got me a Roman Hamrlik Lightning 3rd jersey. I wish they still wore these things.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#3 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:47 PM

Oliwa black practice jersey, #32. Looks really nice.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#4 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:03 PM

-New video card.
-New psu.
-New clothes.

:)

#5 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,617 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:13 PM

I didn't. Normally I tell everyone that I don't know what I want for Christmas, because I don't and I'd rather just buy stuff myself. This year, though, I finally committed myself to making up a list. I almost bought myself a wireless mouse, but then I realized I wasn't sure how long my list was going to be, so I put the mouse on the list instead. I may end up buying myself a couple of post-Christmas presents, though.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#6 Christopher_watts31_ls

Christopher_watts31_ls

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:57 AM

I just got back from my shopping and i actually did good only got myself a book.
Iv been reading the Left Behind series (dont knw if anyone know what that is) but my school library didnt have the next book in the series so i hit the book store and got it
not bad for me though haha
Posted Image Of Ilya Kovalchuk

#7 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:48 AM

I bought some really bad Christams CDs for $5 at the Grocery store. :argh: I keep doing that! But I don't want to chance $19 on the same sort of crap right?

I bought hardcovers from Alibris of some of my old favorite books when I was little (The Official Preppy Handbook and How to Get Teenaged Boy) -- I was thinking of books I lived by when I was a kid that I thought rebecca might like one day... but they're for me in reality. You know that stupid Preppy handbook made me so happy. I just couldn't figure out why I HATE New Jersey affluenza why it seems so tacky to me, so NOT the "rich" it's striving to be... Honest like my sister-in-law who is totally loaded but it's not like my aunts and cousins and stuff it's not even like my parents who aren't at ALL loaded FYI nowhere near as much as her family is in any event... her choices her taste just seems I don't know... tacky to me...I couldn't figure. I mean she's not vulgar and she's really very down to earth but :puke: blah I just HATE her "stuff" and her whole sort of weird attitude and she's not even BAD i mean she's not Sopranos tacky -- more "Executive wife/urban job in dual income suburban home" sort of blah... anyhow it was weighing on my mind -- I guess I just feel very out of place in New Jersey :noclue: but :unsure: I'm digressing... :saddevil: big time... :( She hates all my stuff too -- she pointed to my copper bottom pans and said "See honey THIS is why I didnt' want the copper!" then she waved around my Orvis plates "OH GOD you can see who owns THIS house -- how could you let Greg buy these?" (they have a picture of a camp scene on them -- I love them I picked them out because I imagined our kids eating cereal out of the bowls and stuff - they're like outdoorsy spode even :( AND she'll sh!t a brick when she sees the new Pointer Dog sets they have now which I of COURSE plan on buying up 8 place setting of! ) She always offers us her families' cast off furniture too -- "Oh it's HIDeous! But I think you guys would like it!" The fact I've got my grandparents old maple table from their first home is LOST on her. My parents had it in their first home and we have it in ours ... that's what you DO! Oh no.. now I've totally dogressed :( EDIT :lol: I wrote DOG! heehee I was thinking about the plate set!

ANYHOW! :evil: so I think that's about all I've gotten for ME. I bought my mom and sisters all the stuff I wanted to buy for me. I DID get a freebie from something I bought for one of my sisters -- I was going to pass it on but it sort of stinks so I kept it :P i got some other freebies with the socks I got for my cousins (I'm getting them all novelty socks :rolleyes: but they're CUTE!) and I'm using those for stocking stuffers fro other family members :blush: Man I've got to stop writing -- this is so NOT what Don wanted to read about! I'm all keyed up for the holidays though :evil:

EDIT 2: Aren't these CUTE! I think we're getting them on the way home after New Years! Posted Image

Edited by Pepperkorn, 20 December 2004 - 11:54 AM.

I'm here for the party

#8 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:57 AM

Oh I ALMOST bought myself the new(ish) Phil Esposito book ...

I'm here for the party

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:20 PM

Bought parts for a new system (AMD 3000, Antec case, 512 Corsair mem, DFI NF3 lanparty MB). I assembled it and then forgot that my friend had lent me his XP CD the last time I set up windows. I am on my old PC again until I can buy XP. Well it runs the BIOS quickly heh.. :(

#10 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,729 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:29 PM

Kitchen Aid 11 cup food processor with all the goodies...still paying it off.
George Strait's new CD.
Rod Stewart's CD Stardust.
Book The 5 people you meet in heaven.

Glad all this stuff was either on sale or had a rebate :D
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#11 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 03:37 PM

2 new suits for the new job... i know boring!!!!

just signed up for optonline???

got my son star wars star fighter for PS2... becuase i want it...

and spent a ridiculus amount of $$$ and time finding 3 stupid Yugi oh cards for my son.

can any of you tellme this obsession these kids have w/ Yu gi oh??? $50 for 3 cards!!!

and he wanted 5 more that were another $150 .... but I had to draw the line.....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#12 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:02 AM

red, be glad on the stupid Yu gi oh thing.... one of my Raw Deal buddies showed me a card going for over THOUSANDS of dollars on E-Bay... that's just INSANE (I've twice spent $50 on a tournament belt card for Raw Deal but that's my limit, and $35 for a Tori Enters the Fray..... but anyway)... some of these CCG prices are out of control... thankfully I only got hooked on the cheaper wrestling game :D

I think I'll buy myself a gift of something once I get through what's been an AWFUL holiday season for me :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#13 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:28 AM

Jeez...reminds me of when Magic cards were all the rage. My brother was a Magic freak. He got me into it too. We used to get home from school and play Magic for HOURS. I remember at one point a local comic store would have Magic Nights ( :lol: ) where they'd set up a bunch of tables and just let the kids play...of course, always good clean fun. The better cards were priced UNREAL! I could never afford any of them, of course, so I always had to rely on finding the rare gem in the pack. My brother, on the other hand, spent 500 bucks out of his savings for like 4 cards and a starter kit (which never really have the best cards in em anyways)! YIKES!

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:07 AM

RD, Magic is STILL the king of the CCG (Collectable Card Game) Industry (thankfully... I will NEVER play that game.. damn you Klingons !! :P)

you can go on E-Bay now and see crazy prices for stuff like that... it happens once in a blue moon in Raw Deal too but only when the new prizes come out but being the store manager in my store in Westfield.... I get all the prize cards for free every 4 months B )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#15 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:36 AM

Crash...
anyone who spends "thousands " on a card obviously has more money then they know where to spend it....

I remember wanting to spen $20 on a griffey Jr rookie card and my father thought i was insane!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#16 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:45 AM

TIVO ! :P
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#17 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:13 PM

Red: I agree totally on that !!! (well unless it was the one card needed for a million dollar prize, but that's not Raw Deal either... though if you win the World Championship you get to name, design and get your mug on a card too which is coolness !!)

#18 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:56 PM

Do those cards really retain their value? I mean -- how much are Pokemon cards worth these days? It's so weird -- I mean at least baseball cards - any sports card has SOME sort of meaning... I dont get the :unsure: CCG thing at all... Although I DID have some Charlies Angels cards when i was little

I'm here for the party

#19 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:02 PM

PK, it depends on the card, the rareness and the effectiveness of the card in the game... I'll go with Raw Deal again since I know it best... when Velcoity came out the card "when you've got it flaunt it" (A Trish and Lita shared exclusive card, which gave them an irreversable move once a game) was going for $50 a pop on E-Bay... now the card is worth like $12 at BEST (also hurts the value that neither Trish nor Lita are top-tier decks now)... I assume the cards going for hundreds of dollars will stay that way forever (Raw Deal may get some of this crap too now with an autographed one of 10 card signed by HHH or Randy Orton soon to be released :rolleyes: )

*edits again*
the only reason I play Raw Deal is cause it's Wrestling and I enjoy the pretend match idea and some of the goofy visuals you can make from it (also why I'll never play one of those garbage decks in my opinion decks with less then 10 moves in them)

Edited by CRASHER, 21 December 2004 - 01:05 PM.

#20 ciyenne

ciyenne

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:06 PM

'Elegies' by Douglas Dunn
A new scarf
Mary Renault's 'Alexander' novels

Will get Jean Paul Gaultier 'Classique' when the cheque clears and 'Stage Beauty' and Matthew Bourne's 'Swan Lake' on DVD.

Ho Ho Ho!
Keeper of the Nieds Captaincy: dignity, courage, grace and fortitude.

"Row row row the boat, gently down the stream, BELTS OFF, TROUSERS DOWN, ISN'T LIFE A SCREAM, WEY!"

Bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog.

" when I am an old woman, I shall wear purple...'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users