• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:47 PM

Maybe because of the fact that we didn't win much in those Phil Russell days I can't remember the victory cards.

Ever see the Devs on the road?

Hartford, Pittsburgh, MSG...I believe thats it as far as seeing them in road arenas for me.

They won by the way in MSG...year 2 I forget the final score - all I remember is rooting like crazy for the devs while sitting in the old Blue section at the Garden...those Rangers fans are pussies by the way if they're not in packs.

One at a time they go down easy...just like Holik's current team.

#22 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:53 PM

Anyway - you'll find a number of very passionate fans here - many smart folks, the occasional idiot and also some sane Ranger fans (See Derek21). Full range of ages and experiences.

Spend some time observing and post when you feel it adds value. The PM (private message) feature is handy too if you want to converse with someone off the board.

Have fun.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#23 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:54 PM

Ever see the Devs on the road?

Here's one I do well on :D
Pittsburgh (7 times), Dallas (twice), Washington, Columbus, Islanders, the world's most obxnious arena, Ottawa, Montreal and Phily

not to mention seen the Rats on the road in Phily and Hershey (proabably going to Hershey this Sunday as well !)
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#24 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:54 PM

Thanks for the info - and if anyone knows where one may purchase an old Red & Green Devils sweater, please fill in the blanks.

In an era of throwback this and throwback that, finding an old Devils throwback sweater ain't easy.

#25 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:55 PM

Wow! Where do you live Crasher?

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:12 AM

Wow!  Where do you live Crasher?

(look to the left :D)

I've also been to LA, SJ and Anaheim (before and after the 2003 Cup... I enjoyed that Summer 2003 trip to Disneyland :evil:) as well as Tampa, St.Louis [s]though I'd like to forget THAT[/b])... as well as minor league hockey in Trenton as well as the Fort Worth-less Brahams.... between some... umm.... *being diplomatic* .... unconventional choices in dating of people and other stuff... I've... umm...... gotten around a bit in the last 10 years :whistling:

*edits*
forgot.... got my old Scott Stevens jersey on oldjerseys.com :)

Edited by CRASHER, 22 February 2005 - 12:12 AM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:13 AM

Devils Road Games:

San Jose (3x)
LA (2x)
Anaheim (2x)
Dallas
Florida
St. Louis
Washington
Boston (3x)
Philadelphia (4x)
New York (MSG) (more than 10x)
New York (LI) (2x)
Toronto
Colorado
Buffalo
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#28 devildave00

devildave00

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:21 AM

I think I still have a victory card put away. Also, have an original opening night Pennant. I never got enough cards to get a ticket, :evilcry:
It's like a gift, I can't control it.

#29 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:25 AM

I've only been to a couple of Devils games, and never on the road, but I have season tickets to the Albany River Rats, and have seen Rats play in Rochester, Syracuse, Glens Falls (Adirondack), Springfield, Worcester, Hartford, Providence, Manchester, Portland and St. John, NB. And I'm hoping to see them in Lowell at the end of the year.
Kool-Aid free since 2006.

#30 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:28 AM

I've seen the Devils in:

Montreal: 3 times
Ottawa: between 15 to 20 times
Toronto: once
Boston: once
New Jersey: twice

Wow. I've only seen the Devils LIVE about 25 times. They should come here more often. :)
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#31 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 11:22 AM

Heh, well being 20 I can't say I've been a fan forever, but I've been going to about 1 or 2 games a year at the swamp since I was about 6. This will be the first year I havn't gone to a game since then.

I was originally a Rag$ fan cause my dad is one, but I later converted around '93 when I realized I enjoyed watching Devils hockey more. I didn't become a addict to Devils hockey until 1998 or so, when I opened my web site. Since then I've watched every game on TV or listened to the radio when it is on Metro.

I don't hate the Rag$ like most Devils fans, rather I feel sorry for them on a regular basis. There is one team I hate and could live easily without: Flyers.

Oh, and this site has lived here at www.njdevs.com since June 29, 2001, but it may have existed before then somewhere else, I'm not sure.

I didn't find it until 2003, when I stumbled across the long abandoned www.devilsnews.com site, and saw someone posting about a forum here at www.njdevs.com. I came, I joined, I'm hooked! :evil:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#32 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:23 PM

Although i was only 3... i was a going to games from the start.. my dad would get tix and alternate between me and my brother.
I prob attended at least 10 games a season until i was maybe 14... then i didnt go for a few years.i got to cool to go places with my parents...
then at about 17 i started going back. Although I didnt understand the game as much at 3 i still consider myself a fan since the beginning.
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#33 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:53 PM

I've seen the Devils in Buffalo and Montreal (x2). I've also been to a couple Rats games. I try to go to Montreal every year to see a Devils-Habs game (since I love the city of Montreal and I AM a Habs fan as well). I would love to see the Devils play in other cities, which I still plan on doing when I finally get healthy enough to do a lot of traveling again. :)

I do go to many home games though.

Edited by RoughDraft, 22 February 2005 - 12:54 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#34 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 02:16 PM

I've been to MSG -- does that count as a road game?

Other than that... well :saddevil: I can't be trusted to follow the Devils afar - somewhere where an overnight stay would be required. :evil: Maybe once Stevens retires :evil:
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#35 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:21 PM

Ive been to Philly and MSG... and somewhere in Canada.. hmmm we were at niagara falls area for a few days so it was probably whatever was closest to there.. I dont know much about the provinces.
Umm yeah thats all
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#36 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:18 AM

I've only been a fan since 2000. Watched a few games with my husband from 95 till then but never really got it. Then I watched the playoffs for him because he was away on business and couldn't. That was it! I was hooked!

Also a fan club member. Ed Bogaert (sp?) is the president. Is that who you're thinking of? How long has he been president?!?!
Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#37 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:19 PM

When he resigns, I would like to run for president of the Devils fan club. :evil: Vote for me!
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#38 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:11 PM

Oh, and this site has lived here at www.njdevs.com since June 29, 2001, but it may have existed before then somewhere else, I'm not sure.

I didn't find it until 2003, when I stumbled across the long abandoned www.devilsnews.com site, and saw someone posting about a forum here at www.njdevs.com.  I came, I joined, I'm hooked! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is all correct, including the existence otherwheres. We followed Redrum back and forth from area54 and rival sports and back to area 54. And this was after he culled a lot of people from the disaster of the NJO.com boards where Devils fans couldn't talk without idiotic fans (mostly ranger) would out shout us. Some posters have been familiar with each other going on 9-10 years now.

I became a Devils fans in 94 because of the baseball strike issue that year. That series ending got me a lot of ribbing from bandwagon fans, so I stuck with the Devils after that (thankfully!).

#39 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:16 PM

I've seen the Devils in Ottawa about 15 times and thats it.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users