25 replies to this topic

#1 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:38 PM

It seems Elias gotHepatitis A while playing in Russia :( If you read Russian you can here's the link:
http://www.sport-exp...rt.shtml?100593

#2 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:52 PM

Главный тренер магнитогорского "Металлурга" Марек Сикора сообщил корреспонденту "СЭ" Алексею ЕВСТИФЕЕВУ, что у нападающего Патрика Элиаша подтвержден диагноз - "гепатит А".

Начав курс лечения в Магнитогорске, форвард затем принял решение вернуться на родину и 12 марта улетел в Чехию. "Называются разные сроки выздоровления игрока, - сказал Сикора. - Но думаю, что Патрику примерно на два-три месяца нужно забыть о хоккее".

This is the part about Elias. My high school Russian is rusty but it says he'll be out about 2-3 months.

Edit: I bolded his name. :)

Edited by LizDevil30, 14 March 2005 - 11:20 PM.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#3 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 10:59 PM

Wow. I'll be praying for him. :pray:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#4 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,856 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

Hrm. Reading the symptoms, that sounds an awful lot like what I have had the past few weeks. Except for the jaundice.

No need to worry. Hep A you beat on your own. It's the B and C which are the scary ones. A co-worker had B and had to take these really, really, really nasty drugs for a year which would pretty much knock him out for days at a time. So he'd take the pills on Friday and he'd recover enough strength to come in to work on Tuesday. And even then he looked like death warmed over. With Hep C, you might as well start looking for a new liver.

Treatment for Hep A:
Stay in bed for a few days to a week. Don't drink alcohol.

And that be it. I can't see how Hep A can keep you out for 3 months.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#5 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,872 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:13 PM

That stinks. Best wishes to him.

Hey, I see I can still read some Russian. I really should re-study it.

Edited by Derek21, 14 March 2005 - 11:15 PM.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#6 femalenynjazfan

femalenynjazfan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:18 PM

Holy cow. Good luck to Elias.

#7 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,084 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:21 PM

Stupid lockout is already causing Devil players health issues.

#8 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 11:42 PM

Hrm. Reading the symptoms, that sounds an awful lot like what I have had the past few weeks. Except for the jaundice.

No need to worry. Hep A you beat on your own. It's the B and C which are the scary ones. A co-worker had B and had to take these really, really, really nasty drugs for a year which would pretty much knock him out for days at a time. So he'd take the pills on Friday and he'd recover enough strength to come in to work on Tuesday. And even then he looked like death warmed over. With Hep C, you might as well start looking for a new liver.

Treatment for Hep A:
Stay in bed for a few days to a week. Don't drink alcohol.

And that be it. I can't see how Hep A can keep you out for 3 months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Butch Vig from Garbage suffered from a nasty case of Hep A...doctors didn't think he was going to make it. Would have been such an incredible life cut way too short. Ironic that there's discussion of Cobain in OT, Vig produced the notorious Nevermind album. Not only a great drummer, but an amazing producer as well.

Anyways, Hep. A is no laughing matter either. I'm very happy to hear he isn't suffering from B or C, but wow, that's gotta be scary no matter what, eh?

EDIT: I don't know my ABCs...I put one letter instead of the other! :doh1:

Edited by RoughDraft, 14 March 2005 - 11:44 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#9 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:05 AM

Hep A isn't all that serious, newspapers have allready said he should be ready for the playoffs.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#10 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:34 AM

Hep A isn't all that serious, newspapers have allready said he should be ready for the playoffs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think anything having to do with the liver is serious enough, even if expected to make a full recovery.

#11 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 08:54 AM

Another benefit of playing OUTSIDE the USA.

He's our guy, but he is a scab too.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#12 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

Pisser... one of my friends had HepA- it wasn't bad at all - He was out of our show for about two weeks then ready to roll so baring complicaitons Patty shoudl be fine.

Oy vey, because I'm a gossipy little wench ... sheesh did he HAVE to provide more fuel for the rumor mill?
<_< I'm sure he just got it from that nasty Russian shellfish. :evil:
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#13 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:21 AM

Doesnt Pamela (Anderson) have the HEP too ? :ph34r:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,874 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:09 PM

I actually saw a thread on this in HF (which I like never visit) a few days ago and didn't even read it; I thought it was just an internet rumor, too bad it wasn't :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#15 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,586 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:25 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think she has C though, the more serious form of it.

#16 njdev26

njdev26

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

I had seen something about this in the Czech papers DenikSport and Sportonoviny but was unable to get a good translation through internet translation sites. It did sound like he was pretty sick. If anyone knows how to read Czech and can translate them I will post the address to the few that I saw.

#17 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:43 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah -- like RD said... Jim Neighbors has Hep C too. Is he still alive? I think he got a liver... :unsure:
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#18 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 06:16 PM

If Hep A isn't treated early it can be serious. Everyone is different as to how they react to illnesses. Plus hockey is a vigorous sport and requires more recouperation time before he can get back in the game.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#19 Chort

Chort

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:00 AM

beleive me, you have more of a chance of "catching" hep or any other illness from a USA-shluka than any of them in Russia. :P

#20 DevilsGirl

DevilsGirl

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 08:39 AM

Get well soon Patrik.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users