283 replies to this topic

#241 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:09 AM

And I'll probably have a tough one next week against red's team, though it's too bad he lost last week - I was hoping he'd still be unbeaten (in week-to-week action) when I played him, oh well :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny thing about that week, I was winning the entire week, either 6-3 or 5-3 on sunday morning... and the roof fell in!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we'll see if this week is a role reversal I suppose :lol:

It is encouraging that Schmidt is finally starting to pitch like the pitcher I drafted in the second round though.

Edited by Hasan4978, 23 June 2005 - 06:25 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#242 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:14 AM

you have 4 starters this week that have given up no earned runs... thats just not right!! And they all seem to be pitching against my hitters which makes it even worse!!!

Looks like my run at the top is about to end...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#243 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

Anyone out there with any interest in Beltre cause he is absolutely killing me. Thome has been too until very recently. The Unit is all over the radar as well. If my team would perform even a little closer to what i was expecting i might be able to climb past that third place plateau.
Oh well, the seasons been a good one so far, sorry ive been a bit out of the loop, just been busy with graduation and all. Im back though.
Good Luck to all down the stretch!

#244 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:02 PM

Anyone out there with any interest in Beltre cause he is absolutely killing me. Thome has been too until very recently. The Unit is all over the radar as well.  If my team would perform even a little closer to what i was expecting i might be able to climb past  that third place plateau.
Oh well, the seasons been a good one so far, sorry ive been a bit out of the loop, just been busy with graduation and all. Im back though.
Good Luck to all down the stretch!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are you looking for in return for Beltre??
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#245 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

you have 4 starters this week that have given up no earned runs...  thats just not right!!  And they all seem to be pitching against my hitters which makes it even worse!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you still got a BOATLOAD of starts left this week while I only have like three or four, which should fatten your win/K totals and maybe lower your ERA/WHIP, and you're pretty close in the other categories.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#246 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:39 PM

As far as beltre goes, i dont know if i have anything in particular in mind. As long as it is a fair return, 2B, 3B would be the best but they are precious commotities. Im willing to listen to any offers.

#247 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:57 AM

you have 4 starters this week that have given up no earned runs...  thats just not right!!  And they all seem to be pitching against my hitters which makes it even worse!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you still got a BOATLOAD of starts left this week while I only have like three or four, which should fatten your win/K totals and maybe lower your ERA/WHIP, and you're pretty close in the other categories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3 days left and you are putting w whoopin on me...

but you are right, most of my pitchers will pitch over thenext 3 days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#248 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 01:35 PM

Anyone interested in Rolen?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#249 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 03:24 PM

Damn, where did Smoltz get this frigging bionic arm, two complete games in a row?! :o Not bad for someone that hasn't been a starting pitcher in years :lol:

And on the flip side, where the hell did all this offense from Yadier Molina come from? He was hitting like .240 with no power coming into the week, I was wondering what the world red took him for then boom, he gets 3 HR's and 7 RBI's and like a .500 BA :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978, 26 June 2005 - 03:30 PM.

#250 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:13 PM

Damn, where did Smoltz get this frigging bionic arm, two complete games in a row?! :o   Not bad for someone that hasn't been a starting pitcher in years :lol:

And on the flip side, where the hell did all this offense from Yadier Molina come from?  He was hitting like .240 with no power coming into the week, I was wondering what the world red took him for then boom, he gets 3 HR's and 7 RBI's and like a .500 BA :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Picked him up becuase he was hitting about 298 over the last month
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#251 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

Well I'm officially giving up on my team. Nothing could save my sorry excuse of a lineup now.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#252 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:23 AM

Well Has I guess I made a weekend push to keep it acceptable and keep my run at the top alive!!!

Still how do you win 7 games and NOT win that category!!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#253 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

depending on what happens with beltre i might have an interest in rolen. What are you looking for?

#254 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:57 AM

Twist, not sure what youare looking forin a trade for Beltre, check out my team and make an offer...

Dynamo
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#255 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 09:59 AM

FYI!!!!

On friday I'm leaving for 2 weeks in Disney, so If i come back and i have been knocked off the top of the mountain just realize that its only becuase I was not around to steer the ship...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#256 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:53 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

depending on what happens with beltre i might have an interest in rolen. What are you looking for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2B or SP would be nice (especially 2B right now), but I know the demand for those positions can be high, so lemme know who you're willing to part with and we can talk. (you can send me a PM or whatever, doesn't matter to me.)

#257 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:09 PM

Well Has I guess I made a weekend push to keep it acceptable and keep my run at the top alive!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh it happens, Izzy blowing the save on Sunday which would have given me a win with Marquis did chap my hyde a little but overall I did better than I thought in pitching (4-0-1), it was really the offense that let me down (again) with a 1-4 week, and it's not like I lost those categories by a lot either, I BARELY lost a couple. Oh well.

#258 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:59 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh it happens, Izzy blowing the save on Sunday which would have given me a win with Marquis did chap my hyde a little but overall I did better than I thought in pitching (4-0-1), it was really the offense that let me down (again) with a 1-4 week, and it's not like I lost those categories by a lot either, I BARELY lost a couple. Oh well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thankfully ( for me) close only vounts in horshoes and handgranades!!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#259 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:09 PM

EDIT: Nevermind I'm getting a little tired of making moves for the time being. If I can't get it right after 40+ moves I'm probably never gonna get it right. Though to be honest I've probably had about as many big-name dissapointments (not injuries per se just dissapointments) as anyone.

Actually, I really should trade a SP and Lugo at some point, being I'll need to clear a spot when Bedard comes back and Lugo's steals aren't doing me much good in part-time duty now that Ensberg's figured in very prominently in recent weeks and Sweeney's almost off the DL (again).

So if anyone's got any deals I'll listen, I do need a little more speed and/or power IN the lineup. I suppose I could also use another SP that I can trust, being I only trust only two or maybe three of my starters at the moment.

Edited by Hasan4978, 29 June 2005 - 06:30 PM.

#260 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

Hey I'll take a srtarter I can trust to if anyone if willing to trade!!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users