283 replies to this topic

#21 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:28 AM

Here is the thing with Delgado. He had an off year last year and two years ago he was just fantastic and should have won AL MVP

Batting Average: .302
Home Runs: 42
RBIs 145
Runs 117

I am hoping he can produce numbers a lot better then last year and more like two years ago.

Edited by devilsrule33, 05 April 2005 - 03:53 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#22 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:41 PM

I think that is asking a lot. Switching leagues is tough for a hitter since he will be facing many pitchers for the first time ever. Not to mention the rally killing automatic out in the NL lineups will likely provide him with fewer RBI opportunities and the fact that Joe Robbie is a pitchers park and I think you'll see numbers much closer to last year than 2 years ago.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#23 patrikelias262005

patrikelias262005

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:59 AM

My team is the Twins starting off with a win the Redsox and will hopefully have a win against Seattle today.

#24 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:17 AM

Ya, a Twins win with Mauer and Morneau going wild would be nice.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 11:02 AM

I hope having to redo 1/7 of my roster on Opening Day isn't a bad sign :lol:

This should still be a fun year though, and with all my utility guys at least I can make good use of all of them with the daily lineup changes allowed inside of weekly games.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

Oy, my team's off to a REAL great start, 3-31 combined offensively and Foulke gives it up to JETER who happens to be on red's team :argh:

My starting pitching better be lights out this week :P

EDIT: So much for that, Smoltz down 5-0 to the Marlins after he'd been DOMINANT in the Spring and Schmidt down 2-0 to the punchless Dodgers :rolleyes: Oh well if I'm gonna lose might as well lose big, get a lot of the sucky play out in one week, I still think there's a lot of good baseball in my team.

Edited by Hasan4978, 05 April 2005 - 04:04 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#27 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:46 PM

:lol: Grreeaaat....look at the player news for my utility guy:

Apr 5 The Associated Press reports Cincinnati Reds 2B Ryan Freel was arrested and charged Monday, April 4, with drunken driving, careless driving and having an open container in a motor vehicle. He was released on $500 bond in Newport, Ky., just across the Ohio River, which separates Cincinnati and Kentucky. The Reds won their season opener in dramatic fashion earlier in the day.

:rolleyes:

Edited by RoughDraft, 05 April 2005 - 03:47 PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

I almost forgot about that lol, I heard it on the radio before. He wasn't gonna play anyway unless/until they benched Jimenez or someone got hurt.

#29 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

I almost forgot about that lol, I heard it on the radio before.  He wasn't gonna play anyway unless/until they benched Jimenez or someone got  hurt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I know, but it's still funny to hear that. :P

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#30 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:31 PM

Well my second pick started off the season very well going 4/5 with 3 RBIs. My second pick being Delgado.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

That's almost as many hits as my entire TEAM has so far (5-41 and counting) <_<

#32 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

Miguel Batista is looking good as a closer so far. He got his second save tonight.

Edited by devilsrule33, 05 April 2005 - 10:18 PM.

#33 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:31 PM

Andy Pettite with a well pitched 6 inning 1 run day for the win. Nice.

Whoever has Bobby Crosby lost him for 5-6 weeks.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#34 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:48 PM

Damn.

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

Wilkerson hits for the first cycle of the year.

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

Poor Clown, he benched him :P Sucks when that happens lol, usually it happens to me far more when I play matchups instead of just going with the best players.

#37 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

What is going on with Joe Randa? Another HR and 6 RBI today as the Reds took down the Mets again.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

I didn't even watch tonight, guess I didn't miss much <_< Mr. Glavine got smoked yet again, but actually Randa only got two ribbies against him. Seems Mr. Randa had a GRAND SLAM off the immortal Mike DeJean who was just handed a huge contract and a guaranteed spot in the pen based on all of a dozen or so appearances last year :rolleyes:

#39 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

Sean Burroughs is the man...except I couldn't start him cause of Arod.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#40 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 12:02 AM

Randa = Mets killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users