283 replies to this topic

#41 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:37 AM

Poor Clown, he benched him :P   Sucks when that happens lol, usually it happens to me far more when I play matchups instead of just going with the best players.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And then Wilkerson gets another 4 hits on my bench yesterday!!!!! :rant:

And I refuse to put him into my lineup for the games this weekend, otherwise he will go 0-9 and Overbay will hit 3 HR's...Im $crewed! :D

Edited by LOTCB, 08 April 2005 - 06:49 AM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

Guess it doesn't matter what I do with my lineup this week, my team's just having a BAD week. Manny, Texiera and Huff COMBINED have fewer hits than Wilkerson :lol: And Smoltz and Mulder both got bombed in their first start although of course Smoltz will pitch like a two-hitter against the Mets Sunday and when I'm so far behind red it won't matter anyway :P

EDIT: Oh and Foulke sucks this week too...my three closers can't outsave red's ONE to this point :doh1:

Edited by Hasan4978, 08 April 2005 - 09:28 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,001 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

The Blue Jays did everything in the 9th except tie the game. Foulke and the Sox got lucky in that one.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 07:28 AM

Here is a good ratio:

Baez - TB.

3.2 IP / 2 Wins.

If he can keep that up he'll have like 60 wins this season.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#45 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 03:43 PM

Ugh, my pitchers are killing me today...Westbrook goes and throws a gem in his first start, then doesn't even last more than two innings in his next! Doesn't help that Wells had another poor start. I still have faith in him though, hopefully it's just a slow start and he'll pick it up. At least my Orioles (Lopez and Tejada) did pretty well today against the Yanks.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

Guess that wasn't the end of your pitchers killing you, now Silva's out to the All-Star break.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#47 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,001 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 12:32 PM

Bonderman just gave up 6 runs in the first inning against the Indians.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#48 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:25 PM

Pedro, muy bueno.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#49 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:50 PM

my hitting has been good, my pitching has been absolutely atrocious. Maddux looks bad and Pavano took one off the noggin today.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

Holy crap, Smoltz and Schmidt might have just stolen an opening week tie for me (at least if my ERA calculations are correct and Takatsu doesn't somehow get four strikeouts tonight) :o :hail:

Edited by Hasan4978, 10 April 2005 - 06:58 PM.

#51 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:27 AM

Holy crap, Smoltz and Schmidt might have just stolen an opening week tie for me (at least if my ERA calculations are correct and Takatsu doesn't somehow get four strikeouts tonight) :o   :hail:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UN-FRIGGIN-BELEIVABLE!!! :argh:

Go into the last day up 8-2 or 7-3 or something :noclue: like that and end up 5-5??? :puke: :argh: :angry:

Of course in my other league i went into sunday losing 0-10 and came out 4-6!!!
:rofl: :dance:
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#52 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

Has not sure if you notived, i won all 5 hitting you won all 5 pitching!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#53 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 10:58 AM

Wow, I had quite the up-and-down week, yet I still managed to pull the win out...I was up 7-2 at one point, and then next thing I know, it's a day before the week is over and I'm DOWN 3-6! How the heck did I manage to WIN? :lol:

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#54 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

Well the plan is going to form. Even without my 3rd and 4th pitchers I still managed to clean up in the K category which led to doing well in the pitching category overall. Is there something I don't know about Contreras cause I loved getting him off the waiver wire this past week?

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#55 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:00 PM

I swear, Bagwell is killing me...when I bench him, he hits homeruns and gets multiple RBIs, yet, when I play him, he has oh-fers. DAMN HIM!

#56 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:40 PM

Well the plan is going to form.  Even without my 3rd and 4th pitchers I still managed to clean up in the K category which led to doing well in the pitching category overall.  Is there something I don't know about Contreras cause I loved getting him off the waiver wire this past week?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not neccesarily, Whne Matt Morris became available i decided i had to jump on him, and if you have not already noticed I make like 10 transactions a week, I react to every little thing.. it hoprrible... but I havalso won 2 or the last 3 years...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#57 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

Has not sure if you notived, i won all 5 hitting you won all 5 pitching!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh believe me I noticed, I even told RD like Wednesday or so that I figured I'd HAVE to sweep the pitching categories to have any chance at a win or tie cause my entire offense stunk all week and your offense was pounding the ball like they all played in Coors Field :lol:

I really got into it yesterday, figuring out whether I had any shot to come back, I pretty much had no chance until Smoltz had his lights out outing then I started doing some number crunching and figured I had a chance with Schmidt still to go and he and Brandon Lyon clinched all the categories for me :)

Honestly though I didn't know each category gave you a win or a loss I figured it was just one single win, loss or tie depending on how you did each week. I like it better this way though, you get 220 'games' instead of 22.

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:58 PM

Well the plan is going to form. Even without my 3rd and 4th pitchers I still managed to clean up in the K category which led to doing well in the pitching category overall. Is there something I don't know about Contreras cause I loved getting him off the waiver wire this past week?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not neccesarily, Whne Matt Morris became available i decided i had to jump on him, and if you have not already noticed I make like 10 transactions a week, I react to every little thing.. it hoprrible... but I havalso won 2 or the last 3 years...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sort of the same way in that I wind up having a lot of transactions, except that in my case they've all been at like one or two positions, I was counting on Chase Utley (who I see Clown just picked up, did Polanco get hurt or something?) to be part of my middle infield but he got benched before the season so I changed my mind like three or four times on who I was gonna add and drop, and my middle infield had scary production last week but I think I finally found a combo I'll stick with. And I had to change the back end of my staff around a little cause Arizona changed their closer and Brown got hurt.

#59 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,184 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:13 PM

So what does everyone think so far after two weeks? Seems as if there really is a lot of parity, but it's early. My offense is 1-9 so far, but at least Manny's FINALLY starting to hit now, hopefully Texiera follows suit.

#60 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

I wish my guys would stop getting hurt! I had 4 guys on the DL at one point, no fun.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users