Photo

Which baseball team do you like?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Which baseball team do you like? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Which baseball team do you like?

1. New York Yankees (13 votes [40.62%])

Percentage of vote: 40.62%

2. New York Mets (11 votes [34.38%])

Percentage of vote: 34.38%

3. Other (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:43 PM

Yankees
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#22 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:07 PM

We have quite a few BoSox fans on the site, how come no Sox option? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking about it but it seemed silly...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to E$PN it wouldn't, everything is about the Red Sox Nation :doh1: :lol:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#23 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:52 PM

Red Sox. Represent da Chowda! :evil:

Expos.

I bought an Expos cap online a couple weeks ago because I wanted to get one before they ran out.

Interestingly enough, their short-season single-A affiliate, the Vermont Expos of the New York-Penn League, will not be changing their name to the Nationals.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#24 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:55 PM

Not to E$PN it wouldn't, everything is about the Red Sox Nation  :doh1:   :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob Neyer's completely unreadable statistics columns on espn.com.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you mean Rob Neyer's amazing statistics column on ESPN that is the future/present of how players are evaluated.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#25 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:18 AM

Me either on win shares. I always thought the most interesting research he and others has done is in dispelling the myth of a "clutch" hitter. That took just hours and hours of research to come to a point most people didn't want to acknowledge.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#26 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 12:52 AM

Rob Neyer lost it all for me when he went on and on about D'Angelo Jiminez would be an All-Star and Alfonso Soriano would be a marginal player. It wasn't so much the mistake (everyone makes them) but he refused to admit he was wrong until it was painfully obvious.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#27 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 01:52 PM

Me either on win shares.  I always thought the most interesting research he and others has done is in dispelling the myth of a "clutch" hitter.  That took just hours and hours of research to come to a point most people didn't want to acknowledge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can he explain why people like Pat Burrell only seem to hit well against the Mets?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If Burrell lights up San Francisco, especially in the late innings, then I think that solves the case!! :lol:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#28 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:38 PM

OTHER!!!

Another season of futile but never-ending hope for my:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#29 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:58 PM

I was actually thinking of getting ESPN Insider so I could read Neyer every day and some of the of articles that are insider. Does anyone have insider on the board? If so, do you feel satisfied by what you get for what you pay?

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#30 femalenynjazfan

femalenynjazfan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 10:39 PM

Yankees, Mets (yes I like both but mostly the Yankees) and Diamonbacks. Please there is no need to get on me for liking both teams.

#31 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 12:32 AM

All I know is ESPN is making more articles and information Insider information so I am sure it is worth it. It seems every good writer is only for Insiders now.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#32 patrikelias262005

patrikelias262005

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:08 AM

The home-run stealer himself TORII HUNTER and the Minnesota Twins!!!!

Attached Files

#33 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:04 AM

Well, the Nationals are picking up where the Expos left off. :rofl:
So Say We All

#34 David Puddy

David Puddy