• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:01 PM

According to TSN.ca:

Arena Football player Al Lucas dies
The Canadian Press
4/10/2005

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Former NFL defensive lineman Al Lucas died Sunday from a presumed spinal cord injury sustained while trying to make a tackle for the Los Angeles Avengers during an Arena Football League game, the team said.

Lucas was taken to California Hospital and all attempts to revive him were unsuccessful, team physician Dr. Luga Podesta said in a statement.

A call to a California hospital spokesman was not returned.

"It is with great sadness that we confirm the passing of Al Lucas. At this time, the thoughts and prayers of the entire Avenger organization are with his wife and family," team owner and chief executive officer Casey Wasserman said in a statement.

The 26-year-old Lucas was injured during a first-quarter kickoff return against the New York Dragons.

The six-foot-one, 300-pound lineman played two seasons (2000-01) for the Carolina Panthers, recording 49 1/2 tackles in 20 games. He attended Troy State from 1996-99 and won the Buck Buchanan Award his senior season as the top defensive player in Division I-AA. In 43 games at Troy State he had 255 tackles and 11 1/2 sacks.

He was selected to the Arena League's all-rookie team in 2003 while playing for Tampa Bay.

"Al Lucas played arena football with passion and integrity. The entire AFL family extends its deepest sympathies to Al's wife and family as well as his friends, family and teammates," commissioner David Baker said in a statement.

http://tsn.ca/nfl/ne...y.asp?id=121114

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#2 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 12:36 AM

Rest in peace

#3 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 04:35 AM

What a tragedy :( . Too young to be gone. Best wishes to his family.

R.I.P.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#4 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

Very tragic...RIP

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#5 patrikelias262005

patrikelias262005

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:10 AM

Rest in Peace. Your presence will be missed!!

#6 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,388 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:16 AM

Horrible
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#7 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

:(
So Say We All

#8 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

very sad.
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users