Photo

What's with the political correctnes on this site?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:58 AM

Recently I had an avatar removed because it expressed a "religious" point of view.

The avatar was a cross...which as we all know is as offensive and as dividing a symbol as one could possibly put up.

Conversly, the symbol that I have now put up, straight form a satanic website, is obviously okay with the administrator of this board.

So I'm to take it that no references to anything resembling religion are to be permitted and that a cross as my avatar is going to make poeple here freak out by its offensive and repugnant design...correct?

But "prayers" and "blessings", to the recently departed "Hells"...this is kosher?

Okay.

I got it now.

#2 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:00 AM

I'm not even getting into this one, but there IS a difference

leaving it at that
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#3 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:01 AM

Now was that so hard to understand???
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#4 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:03 AM

There is a difference?

Yes, you are right? - just explain this difference to me.

What if someone was offended by your "prayers" for Hells, because they deem you to be influencing someone to a God they don't believe in, and don't like the fact that you are praying to a God that they deem to be fictional.

Yes, please, explain the difference.

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:07 AM

If you want I'm sure they will be more than happy to ban that one for you also. :burn:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

There are a few wannabe ACLU members here that also get offended by palstic lawn ornaments of Jesus.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#7 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

Dude, you really must think that being a part fo this, or any website is something that is of major importance to me.

I could care less if I'm banned here.

I'm contending for my position...if this gets me banned, you should consider it to a a precedent that is dangerous and something that could eventually affect you...if not here - then somewhere else.

I'm floored, that any sane individual here is going to argue or infer hat a CROSS! is something that would make them shake there head and say, "geez, that just ain't right".

Please!

What does it say, that I am forced to accept something-anything here on this site that may be personally offenmsive to me - yet the same open mindedness i am encouraged to project isn't applied the other way coming back?

Banned?

For a cross?

I'd consider that to be an honor.

If you want I'm sure they will be more than happy to ban that one for you also.  :burn:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#8 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:11 AM

You are not serious are you?? you really do not get it?

saying a prayer for a fallen friend is far different then ADVERTISING YOUR FAITH!!!

If you cannot see the difference in those 2 things then I'm not sure how to help you....
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#9 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

Wait.

You are NOT advertsing a faith, by publically expressing a prayer?

I don't get it?

Re-evaluate.

#10 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

You are honoring a friend... far different...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#11 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

You are...ridiculous, and your argument is full of holes.

#12 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,479 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

Its all about not rocking the boat. If someone doesn't like the avatar then what is the big deal if its removed? You can find another one. You're just trying to stir the pot and it just comes off as lame.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#13 TK

TK

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:21 AM

The name is the team is the DEVILS ... you post in HELL ... Maybe your avatar just goes along with the 'theme' of the site?

#14 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

seriously, how many of us have changed avatars becuase it offended someone??? I know i have multiple Xs!!
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#15 Devs82-83

Devs82-83

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

One last note Redrum...while you're honoring a friend - I am honoring a Savior...your Savior too.

#16 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,452 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:24 AM

trust me he is NOT MY SAVIOR!!!

And thats the point you think I need to beleive that
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#17 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,629 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 08:35 AM

how can I go to hell when I don't believe in the freaking concept ?? :P

anyway who said I was praying when I've been remembering her all this time ??
Stupid religious arrogance

and don't even start me on the if there was a god why would he kill a 17 year old on the side of the road who was just turning herself and her life around.....

meh... fvck it.. I know he's gone anyway and this is gonna be locked soon but I felt the need to vent that since I still deal with this whole thing now and and then and didn't need the sh!theaded reminder tossed in with relgious sh!t I'll never believe in.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#18 rbdf

rbdf

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:22 AM

jimmy leeds avatar offends me as i beleive it to be an offhanded slang reference to a particular part of a female's anatomy, somebody please ban him from the internet for the rest of eternity...

come on people, political correctness really has to take a break at some point. I personally did not see the "offending" cross, but comeon, really, is a cross that offensive to people - I see people every day wearing turbins, yamaca's (sorry about the spelling my hebrew friends), and those little multi-color south african style caps - oh, and i also walk past several churches, synagogues and mosques - should i be telling all of them that they are offending me and to please stop advertising, no, better yet, forcing their belief's on me? should we all go to a system similar to communist china years ago where we all dress in a very drab and similar uniform all the time and have absolutely zero personal identity? This is as bad as the law suits to make teams change their names and logos - the indians were offensive to natives, the browns were offensive to african americans, the mighty ducks were offensive to mallards - please, just stop it already.

#19 rbdf

rbdf

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:24 AM

wow, now that i'm sitting here looking at it, my avatar is probably quite offensive to some asian culture as "xing" is likely a word to them and my avatar shows a zamboni machine above that word - i'm out of here, got to go scour the web for some dull drab non offending picture to use as an avatar.

#20 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:32 AM

for what it's worth, i'm not a fan of religion in any sense as I truly believe it is the root cause of all the problems in the world. that being said, everyone should be allowed to believe whatever they want and they should be allowed to tell people that they believe what they do. where i draw the line is when you tell someone else what they must believe.

so 82-83, i have no problem with a cross as an avatar (or a jewish star, or the elephant with 15 arms, or a picture of naked breasts for that matter). but when you tell Red that Christ is his saviour, then you cross the line as far as this site is concerned. people come here for the New Jersey Devils. we may wander from time to time, but it always comes back to that.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users