22 replies to this topic

#21 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:07 PM

1993-94 	 New Jersey 	 NHL 	 47 GP 	 27 W 	 11 L 	 8 T 	 2625 MIN 	 105 GA 	 1238 SA 	 3 SO 	 2.4 GAA  .915SV%

1993-94  NHL - Calder Memorial Trophy (Rookie of the Year)
1993-94  NHL - All-Rookie Team

I'd say that's damn good for a rookie year.

I was just kidding with my previous post, BTW.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bittorrent make internet go slow, make me miss icon...

Yes that was a DAMN good rookie season, but the poitn was more so that it wouldn't be good for kari to jump right into a full season. His biggest issue coming into north america was conditioning and playing a big streak of games, while it seems like he's corrected that no matter who you are, its never good for a goalie to jump right into the NHL like that.

As for dafoe, RD nailed it. Dafoe blows anyways. I was a big dafoe fan...but not so much now. Farkenhouser finnished his first season in the ECHL i'm pretty sure and just came off an injury. Garnett at this point is better, but he just finished his first AHL season as BACKUP. So right now the thrashers are filled with a bunch of goalies, but no vets or guys who can aleviate the pressure without sucking. As much as the thrasher's d has improved i always felt comfy with cartman in net, because he is fantastic when facing a large amount of shots and fairly consistent, vs. dafoe who's inconsitency gave me fits...well at least inconsistency with the thrashers.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#22 Giuseppe

Giuseppe

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

Hey bruins, what do you think of Cam Ward of Carolina/Lowell? I've heard some people say that he's unflappable, reminds them of Marty, etc. so I was wondering about him. What do you expect him to do in the NHL?
In professional hockey, the Devils are that rara avis, the team that is largely unmarked by the self-adoration and individualism prevalent amongst other organizations; the team that shines radiantly in the otherwise somber corporate sphere. Through many personnel changes and tribulations their pervasive, unwavering character and desire for victory have reigned triumphant. Whereas other teams may be alluring, the Devils have the rarest of traits: they are exemplary by nature.

#23 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 07:36 PM

Hey bruins, what do you think of Cam Ward of Carolina/Lowell? I've heard some people say that he's unflappable, reminds them of Marty, etc. so I was wondering about him. What do you expect him to do in the NHL?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've only seen him play..twice? Or something. But from what i've heard and seen...he's jsut....my god. One hell of a prospect indeed.

He doesn't play like marty at all. He's a typical butterfly goalie, but he has superior concentration, positioning, and reflexes, not to mention he's a towering beast. I really see him as a vezina winner. His talent level is no way near as high as lehtonen, toivenen, niitymaki, fleury, or even leclaire. Honestly outside of his size and reflexes in general he's only above average in most physical aspects of the game. But techinically and mentally he's so strong, he's ready for the NHL already. Even a hell hole like carolina i think he can do great in cause of his incredible mental game.

One last thing, even though i downplayed his other physical aspects outside of reflexes. Its not to say he's not quick or anything. He's pretty quick and such, but he's not incredibly quick and fall out of your seat fast like other top goaltending prospects. But despite that i still see plenty of highlight reel saves and awards in this kid's future. He's outstanding. I'm not a big stat guy, but those stats you see in the playoffs and regular season really show how amazing this guy is...and he's a rookie even crazier.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users