what was the last concert(s) u attended??

annabelle

Green Day and before that Keith Urban...austrailian country singers..yum!!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. It's been 6 months. Sarah McLachlan.

Friend asked if I wanted to go to the Rolling Stones concert with his gang.... I was, like, sure... how much? $300. Uh-un. I don't think so....

Springsteen & the "E" Street band

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This tour?

My last was Bruce 2 summers ago :hail: -- oops I took my wife to see Yanni during the winter .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not this year, it was like 3 years ago....sad i know...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard a rumor, that i pray is true, that after this mini acoustic tour(which i couldn't get tickets too :rant: ) he is going to go on one more leg through the south. Then release a new album with the E street band and go on tour with them for another marathon 120 show thing like with the rising and the reunion tour. Its just a rumor, but god i hope its true. Apparently it would be the last one too though, cause of max's new commitment to the late show that is soon to happen and apparently clarence has had some health issues as of late...but ya i've never seen him live in all of my obssesion, so i can only pray...

anyways

last concert...

my morning jacket, ben harper, jurassic 5, dave matthews band all with the vote for change...the concert that got me into dave matthews actually...

John Ralston, Hot Rod Circuit, and Dashboard Confessional @ E-town College.

Really went just for Hot Rod, even though it was an acoustic set. Left partway through Chris Carabbas' set... he's such an egotistical jackhole now it's incredible. Plus it sounds like he's slowly been ruining his voice from the way he's been singing all these years. One of my friends that I went with, Jay, is friends with him from way back when... said he's a totally different person now and can't stand him.

Oh well. In July I'm goin' to see a Coheed & Cambria show in NYC that should be un-friggin'-believable. I'm uberexcited.

Left partway through Chris Carabbas' set... he's such an egotistical jackhole now it's incredible. Plus it sounds like he's slowly been ruining his voice from the way he's been singing all these years. One of my friends that I went with, Jay, is friends with him from way back when... said he's a totally different person now and can't stand him.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what happens when you become the poster child for emo, it all went to his already-oversized head (on his 4'2" body, tee-hee). I never liked Chris though. I got into the whole Dashboard thing when Swiss Army Romance came out, but beyond that, I didn't really care for him.

As for his voice, well, it's not surprising. He's probably killing his vocal chords the way he sings/screams/whines. Ugh, I can't stand it when he whines. SO annoying.

RD, he's corny beyond belief, totally playing up to his legion of 14-year-old girls who are in love with him.

He got up on stage and literally said, "You know, these last few nights I've discovered that for two hours every night, I fall in love with everyone in the audience." Which of course made every girl in the place go nuts -- even the ones with boyfriends. And how does he follow up that gem after the screams? "Of course, I still end up going home alone, so go figure." ...yeah, more screaming.

With his collar popped on his designer polo shirt and his hair slicked back, this guy carried himself like he was The Fonz.

:puke:

With his collar popped on his designer polo shirt and his hair slicked back, this guy carried himself like he was The Fonz.

:puke:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh so this is where the collar popped look comes from that me and 731 love!

Don Henley & Stevie Nicks last night, was very good (Don always is anyhoo :wub: ) Stevie puts on a good show solo, only saw her with Mac during The Dance tour. Both sounding raspier than usual and Stevie looks good. Don always looks good :wub:. Going to see Mark Knopfler :hail: at the end of June.

That's alot for me anymore, these days! :ph34r:

Hell, how was U2? :)

U2 was absolutely great. They know how to put on a show. Start to finish excellent. Im actually downloading the show bootleg right now. Can't wait until it's finished. If there's anything you want to specifically just ask. I'm bad at saying how good it was.

• 2 months later...

Linkin Park....GREAT CONCERT....we got there a little late due to some crazy ticket mishap.....ill explain in a minute....but story of the year, hoobastank, and P.O.D opened for them... P.O.D was almost as much fun as Linkin Park.....they tend to work the crowd more.....

ok now the ticket mishap...so me and my sister and her friend are going to this concert....we park really far away from where its being held because it was so busy and she knew a place where she could get free parking but we had to walk a lil ways...so we cross the street.. a few cops were walking about and she has this envelope in her hands she brings her hand to her back pocket like she is going to put it in her back pocket well in the attempt she wads it up some and lets go...i seen this and thought she wanted rid of the paper and didnt want the cops seeing her throw it down (i know im a terrible person i let her litter) so we walk forever and finally make it to rupp arena.....its jus started to rain..we step through the doors and i see her reach for her back pocket...she finds nothing she stops...she checks all her pockets...then the inside of her jacket....SHE FREAKS OUT...in a panic she starts to run back to the car saying she lost the tickets...it hit me....she dropped the tickets thinking they were safely in her back pocket.....her friend stays and me and her are running as fast as we can im explaining where she dropped them...we run through the streets...i dart out in front of a BUS people..(you have to know my sister i would rather had been hit by the bus over her not finding those tickets) we run forever...finally she stops exhausted and tells me to run on.......i run a few blocks straight ahead and see the crosswalk where it happened....with 5 people waiting for the dont walk sign to change....there on the ground underneath them is an envelope which you can see through due to the rain....i can clearly read LINKIN PARK @ RUPP on it....i snatch it up...walk back to my sister and collapse on a bench...we were killed....great seats too....right next to the stage on the side of it.....we laughed about it later once she was drunk...it was the craziest moment of my life...ok to make this clearer it wasnt just rain it was a down pour.....but anyway best concert ever....

.the concert that got me into dave matthews actually...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually that was the last concert I went to... it was a pretty crazy time and now I definitely respect the band, they were really good live, great show. Of course I visited Shakedown Street beforehand so I was going to enjoy it no matter what but the fact is they played Saratoga on Friday night, in Philly the next morning, and then Saratiga again Saturday night, and with a hell of an encore, to boot. Nothing beat being in a state park surrounded by huuuuge old-ass trees and listening to good music...

The last concert I went to was Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers this June. It was also the first concert I've ever attended. I thought they still sounded great after being together for thirty years, I think he said. It was a fun introduction to the experience of going to concerts.

Now I have two concerts coming up close together, Green Day on the first and Jack Johnson on the ninth. :dance: