Photo

what was the last concert(s) u attended??

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

Don Henley & Stevie Nicks last night, was very good (Don always is anyhoo :wub: ) Stevie puts on a good show solo, only saw her with Mac during The Dance tour. Both sounding raspier than usual and Stevie looks good. Don always looks good :wub:. Going to see Mark Knopfler :hail: at the end of June.

That's alot for me anymore, these days! :ph34r:

Hell, how was U2? :)
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#22 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

U2 was absolutely great. They know how to put on a show. Start to finish excellent. Im actually downloading the show bootleg right now. Can't wait until it's finished. If there's anything you want to specifically just ask. I'm bad at saying how good it was.

#23 Christopher_watts31_ls

Christopher_watts31_ls

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:00 PM

Linkin Park....GREAT CONCERT....we got there a little late due to some crazy ticket mishap.....ill explain in a minute....but story of the year, hoobastank, and P.O.D opened for them... P.O.D was almost as much fun as Linkin Park.....they tend to work the crowd more.....

ok now the ticket mishap...so me and my sister and her friend are going to this concert....we park really far away from where its being held because it was so busy and she knew a place where she could get free parking but we had to walk a lil ways...so we cross the street.. a few cops were walking about and she has this envelope in her hands she brings her hand to her back pocket like she is going to put it in her back pocket well in the attempt she wads it up some and lets go...i seen this and thought she wanted rid of the paper and didnt want the cops seeing her throw it down (i know im a terrible person i let her litter) so we walk forever and finally make it to rupp arena.....its jus started to rain..we step through the doors and i see her reach for her back pocket...she finds nothing she stops...she checks all her pockets...then the inside of her jacket....SHE FREAKS OUT...in a panic she starts to run back to the car saying she lost the tickets...it hit me....she dropped the tickets thinking they were safely in her back pocket.....her friend stays and me and her are running as fast as we can im explaining where she dropped them...we run through the streets...i dart out in front of a BUS people..(you have to know my sister i would rather had been hit by the bus over her not finding those tickets) we run forever...finally she stops exhausted and tells me to run on.......i run a few blocks straight ahead and see the crosswalk where it happened....with 5 people waiting for the dont walk sign to change....there on the ground underneath them is an envelope which you can see through due to the rain....i can clearly read LINKIN PARK @ RUPP on it....i snatch it up...walk back to my sister and collapse on a bench...we were killed....great seats too....right next to the stage on the side of it.....we laughed about it later once she was drunk...it was the craziest moment of my life...ok to make this clearer it wasnt just rain it was a down pour.....but anyway best concert ever....
Posted Image Of Ilya Kovalchuk

#24 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

.the concert that got me into dave matthews actually...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually that was the last concert I went to... it was a pretty crazy time and now I definitely respect the band, they were really good live, great show. Of course I visited Shakedown Street beforehand so I was going to enjoy it no matter what but the fact is they played Saratoga on Friday night, in Philly the next morning, and then Saratiga again Saturday night, and with a hell of an encore, to boot. Nothing beat being in a state park surrounded by huuuuge old-ass trees and listening to good music...

#25 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:35 PM

The last concert I went to was Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers this June. It was also the first concert I've ever attended. I thought they still sounded great after being together for thirty years, I think he said. It was a fun introduction to the experience of going to concerts.

Now I have two concerts coming up close together, Green Day on the first and Jack Johnson on the ninth. :dance:
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#26 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:36 PM

Forgot this thread existed. Was going to post this in NLD, but...

Saw Meat Loaf in Saratoga tonight. Kicked ass as usual, but then again, I'm biased. He announced a September '06 release for Bat Out Of Hell III (real original title there :P). Apparently he cleaned up at the track yesterday too. :evil:

Sheeps, have you ever watched The Glen Slingerland Situation on UPN4? If you have, then you'll know what I mean (and you'll be the only one, too :lol:) when I say that during his first song, his backup singers' choreography was such that they looked like Situation Girls. (The rest of you are just going to have to wonder what I'm talking about. :P It's hard to explain, but this article makes an attempt.)

And I could've sworn I saw Barry Melrose standing outside the gates on my way in. I didn't want to stop and talk because 1) there was enough of a chance of me being wrong that I didn't want to make an ass of myself and 2) he looked like he was with family and/or friends and I didn't want to bother him. It would make sense if he was there; he lives in the area when he's not doing anything for ESPN.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#27 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

I haven't seen it... should I?

#28 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:15 AM

Yeah, I think you'd get a kick out of it. The first time or two through it you'll probably be sitting there thinking "what the hell am I watching?", but once the WTF factor subsides it's actually an enjoyable show. Good chill-out music with some pretty interesting visuals. It airs Sunday nights at 10, Thursday nights at 11, and Friday nights/Saturday mornings at 12:30. (I'm guessing they run the same show all week.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#29 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:24 AM

Sounds of the Underground Tour, beginning of June

Clutch (ok)
Poison the Well (totally sucked)
Opeth (eh)
From Autumn to Ashes (my farts sound better than their music)
Unearth (good)
Norma Jean (ok)
Every Time I Die (eh didn't really like them)
Chimaira (ok)
Throwdown (awesome)
Strapping Young Lad (eh they were alright but he said our hockey team sucks)
High on Fire (i liked them, nobody else seemed to)
Madball (awesome)
A Life Once Lost (sucked)
DevilDriver (awesome)
The Red Chord (was still getting in while they were playing)
Gwar (amusing show)
Lamb of God (incredible)
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#30 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:42 AM

Madball rocks.

#31 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 08:52 AM

Gwar is playing an acoustic, unmasked show in West Chester, PA, in October.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#32 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,584 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:22 AM

Last concert -- 311 at the Starland Ballroom parking lot. Amazing show.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#33 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 10:27 AM

Last show I saw was at Starland in October: Bad Religion and Rise Against.

Prior to that, my last show was 2001 at Birch Hill: Fear Factory / Puya / Primer 55 / some other opening act that I just drank through and can't remember.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#34 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:19 AM

Last show I saw was Pearl Jam in State College. It was the best show I've ever been to, and they just kept playing encore after encore. It was their last stop for a while, so they didn't have to leave.

I bought the live album from the show a few months later, and it was on repeat in my car for about two months.
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#35 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

Greenwheel!!! wahoo!
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#36 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:40 PM

Last Concert I saw was a festival type thing in Atlanta last year:

Weapons of Mass Destruction
Kamelot
Tad Morose
Dreamscape
Into Eternity
Edguy
Pain of Salvation
Brainstorm
Wuthering Heights
Adagio

I am going again this year in a few weeks, http://www.progpowerusa.com
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#37 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

Another prog fan eh?

#38 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 04:09 PM

Get to a concert to see my brother-in-law play for country singer (well not band) Stoney LaRue. Some country fans can reconized the name. Saw them at good ol' Billy Bobs' Texas on my new hometown of Fort Worth Texas. lol Oh and I plan on seeing a local band here Thursday but I don't think that really counts. lol

#39 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#40 twistedwrister

twistedwrister

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was there That concert rocked, it was the fifth time ive seen them and i can never get enough. I was at sounds of the underground with DF26 i agree with him about all the goos bands, but i like from autumn to ashes, everytime i die, and a life once lost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users