Photo

what was the last concert(s) u attended??

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#41 devl2666

devl2666

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:55 AM

Weezer in July

#42 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

SPRINGSTEEN!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#43 4belle

4belle

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:00 AM

last concert...Bruce..seems so long ago
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...holy sh!t . . . what a ride!"

Talk is cheap.You can talk all you want, but you still have to go do it on the ice." SS

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#44 M.

M.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:10 AM

KC & the Sunshine Band

That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it

What fun
WORK SMARTER- NOT HARDER

#45 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:17 AM

hmm...I last saw Houston Calls.
This summer i also saw, Action Action, Get Up Kids(rip), and Big D & the Kids Table and a few more
Posted Image

#46 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:37 AM

hmm...I last saw Houston Calls. 
This summer i also saw, Action Action, Get Up Kids(rip), and Big D & the Kids Table and a few more

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How are Houston Calls live?

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#47 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hell, When I was in high school, Cream appeared at JP Stevens High in Edison. that was the way it was then. Things got warmed up soon. I went to see The Band at the Arts Center on the Parkway. Apparently nobody who ran the place had any idea who they were. Thousands came hoping to buy tix at the gate. Of course it was sold out. People just jumped the snow fences they had around the seating area. After that, they started to check for tickets before cars came into the parking lot.

Saw Seals and Croft at the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove. The only thing not cool about that was the crazies who lit matches because they were bored waiting for the performance to start. It was a little scary. The Great Auditorium is wooden and about 100 years old- ie, a tinderbox.

I've still got my Woodstock tickets. Never got there. The crowds were such a zoo and the roads were ful of cars a week before the thing started. I didn't bother to leave home. the movie was just fine. And I didn't get any of that brown acid that was "not so good".
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#48 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:18 PM

Changing the question a bit. What concerts do you have tickets for or are planning to see in the near future? Here is my upcoming schedule.

September 16th: Pearl Jam
September 18th: Sigur R

Edited by devilsrule33, 01 September 2005 - 05:36 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#49 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

[quote name='devilsrule33' date='Sep 1 2005, 05:18 PM']Changing the question a bit. What concerts do you have tickets for or are planning to see in the near future? Here is my upcoming schedule.

Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#50 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:43 PM

Well, I have tickets to a Gwen Stefani/Black Eyed Peas show at MSG in November...not exactly excited to go but I'm going with some friends and it was a free ticket so who am I to turn it down?

In October I'm going to a Matchbook Romance/Gatsbys American Dream/Armor For Sleep show at Starland and then another at Starland with Thrice/Underoath/The Bled/Veda. Should be good times.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#51 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:32 PM

Type O Negative at the Orbit room in Grand Rapids, MI.

#52 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:38 PM

[quote name='NiedForSpeed27' date='Sep 1 2005, 08:46 PM'][quote name='devilsrule33' date='Sep 1 2005, 06:18 PM']Changing the question a bit. What concerts do you have tickets for or are planning to see in the near future? Here is my upcoming schedule.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#53 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:40 PM

I havent gotten any tickets yet .. but im strongly considering foo/weezer and also the staind concert next week for the Hurricane Katrina aid.... just a bad night of the week for the first week of work.. so we will see.
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#54 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:59 PM

On Labor Day I'm seeing Bob Weir and Rat-Dog with Bruce Hornsby at the Pepsi Arena, the arena where our beloved Albany River Rats play.

NICE

#55 PeteyNice

PeteyNice

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:11 PM

I am going to the ProgPower festival in Atlanta again Sept 16 & 17. This year's lineup is:

Angra, Stratovarius, Conception, Therion, Orphaned Land, Pink Cream 69, Circus Maximus, Symphorce, Manticora and Stride.

Anyone in the area who likes that kind of music should go see Jon Oliva's Pain, Chris Caffrey's band, and Ripper's Beyond Fear at the Brooklyn Music Terminal on Sept 16. I am pissed I am not going to be able to check that out.
"Yo moms so fat, Russia can see her from THEIR house." -Anil Dash

Palin 2012

"Demand for Portland" -- Consumerist.com

"The New York football Giants marched into Little D and made 'America's Team' their prison bitch....[and next week the G-Men] will push the Packers up and down the frozen tundra like their own private zamboni!" -- Carl from Adult Swim

(No longer) Gotta check this every day

Living in constant fear of Fox Security

A proud member of the Reality Based Community

Official Nemesis of Triumph

"The player is fine." -- Brian Cashman

"[PeteyNice] f off!" --LOULAM1

"Petey, you're MY NEW HERO!!!" -- CRASHER

"bow chica bow wow" - RoughDraft

"I did it with panache and style, that's how I did it" - Mad Sweeney

#56 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 11:34 PM

Just got back from Greenday at Giant Stadium. They did a great show. They really got the crowd into it. What really impressed me, with all the changes in tempo of "Jesus of Suburbia" it sounded exactly as the record did. They reproduced the song perfectly. There was a nice fireworks show as the finale. They had the fireworks going up from the 3rd level of seats behind the stage at Giants Stadium.

Edited by Rock, 01 September 2005 - 11:36 PM.

Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#57 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:26 AM

Just got back from Greenday at Giant Stadium.  They did a great show.  They really got the crowd into it.  What really impressed me, with all the changes in tempo of "Jesus of Suburbia" it sounded exactly as the record did.  They reproduced the song perfectly.  There was a nice fireworks show as the finale.  They had the fireworks going up from the 3rd level of seats behind the stage at Giants Stadium.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool, I had tickets to that show but gave them to two of my friends since they really like them and I don't. Sounds like they probably had a good time.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#58 IAmCanadian27

IAmCanadian27

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:20 AM

Just got back from Greenday at Giant Stadium.  They did a great show.  They really got the crowd into it.  What really impressed me, with all the changes in tempo of "Jesus of Suburbia" it sounded exactly as the record did.  They reproduced the song perfectly.  There was a nice fireworks show as the finale.  They had the fireworks going up from the 3rd level of seats behind the stage at Giants Stadium.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was there as well and had an awesome time! They're pretty entertaining live and definitely do get the crowd going a lot. All of the special effects were nice too. It was a lot of fun! I think anyone who likes Green Day should go see them sometime.
"He's got hockey strength, and he's one of those naturals. He's kind of a coach's dream. With some guys you have to keep repeating. With Paul, you point out something once and he picks it up."- Larry Robinson on Paul Martin

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Scott Niedermayer & Keeper of Paul Martin

#59 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool, I had tickets to that show but gave them to two of my friends since they really like them and I don't. Sounds like they probably had a good time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh I talked to them and they said it was the exact same show as the one last year they went to. :P Oh well.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#60 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,162 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:36 AM

[quote name='RD' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:37 AM'][quote name='oofrostonoo' date='Aug 31 2005, 11:17 AM']hmm...I last saw Houston Calls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users