Photo

what was the last concert(s) u attended??

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#141 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:37 PM

Mondo Generator (Nick Oliveri from Queens of the Stone Age) and Circus Diablo (Billy Morrison, Billy Duffy, the guy from Fuel)

Alright nice nobody I was looking forward to. :P

Bummer for you though, but hey at least it is free this year.

Edited by devilsfan26, 07 August 2007 - 10:38 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#142 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

Alright nice nobody I was looking forward to. :P

Bummer for you though, but hey at least it is free this year.

Who are you looking forward to? I just can't get into most of these second stagers. A friend keeps telling me to give 3 Inches Of Blood a try, I'll check them out before the show.

Lordi seems like they'll be hilarious. I guess Ozzfest could always use some irreverence, most of the bands tend to be either personality-challenged or total downers (except where someone like Killswitch Engage or Everytime I Die are playing).

Part of me wants to just show up for Ozzy, but part of me wants to just be there the whole day. So yeah, I dunno.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#143 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:10 PM

Who are you looking forward to? I just can't get into most of these second stagers. A friend keeps telling me to give 3 Inches Of Blood a try, I'll check them out before the show.

Lordi seems like they'll be hilarious. I guess Ozzfest could always use some irreverence, most of the bands tend to be either personality-challenged or total downers (except where someone like Killswitch Engage or Everytime I Die are playing).

Part of me wants to just show up for Ozzy, but part of me wants to just be there the whole day. So yeah, I dunno.

I'm looking forward to Ozzy because I went last year but my one friend went to Ozzfest the year before and already saw him so he wanted to just get out of there before the traffic which kinda pissed me off. Lamb of God is one of my favorite bands but they probably won't be as fun in the lawn as they were when I saw them at Sounds of the Underground a couple years ago. I haven't listened to Behemoth much but they seem like a band I would like. 3 Inches of Blood is another one of my favorites, and I'm really enjoying their new cd that just came out recently. I see Devildriver replaced Mondo Generator, Devildriver is another one of my favorite bands and they also just came out with a new cd that I'm looking forward to hearing them play live. Other than them I don't really care about any other bands there.

As for Killswitch Engage and Everytime I Die, those are the kinds of bands I just can't seem to get into heh.

Edited by devilsfan26, 07 August 2007 - 11:12 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#144 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:15 PM

I'm looking forward to Ozzy because I went last year but my one friend went to Ozzfest the year before and already saw him so he wanted to just get out of there before the traffic which kinda pissed me off. Lamb of God is one of my favorite bands but they probably won't be as fun in the lawn as they were when I saw them at Sounds of the Underground a couple years ago. I haven't listened to Behemoth much but they seem like a band I would like. 3 Inches of Blood is another one of my favorites, and I'm really enjoying their new cd that just came out recently. I see Devildriver replaced Mondo Generator, Devildriver is another one of my favorite bands and they also just came out with a new cd that I'm looking forward to hearing them play live. Other than them I don't really care about any other bands there.

As for Killswitch Engage and Everytime I Die, those are the kinds of bands I just can't seem to get into heh.

I wasn't talking musically for either of them, they're just really funny people, the onstage banter is hilarious.

Shame you missed out on Ozzy last year. I've seen him three times now, totally worth it.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#145 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

I wasn't talking musically for either of them, they're just really funny people, the onstage banter is hilarious.

Shame you missed out on Ozzy last year. I've seen him three times now, totally worth it.

Oh, I've never seen them live so I don't really know. I saw Strapping Young Lad at Sounds of the Underground two years ago, I didn't really like their music but Townsend was a comedian (until he shouted, "your hockey team sucks!").

Yea I was mad that I missed him last year. I woke up at balls o'clock to go down to Camden with the group of friends I went with and I didn't see a single band that I enjoyed until Black Label Society took the stage, and they were the last band on the 2nd stage, so there was no point in me waking up that early other than to get a ride. Then I was looking forward to seeing Ozzy and my friend decides he wants to leave. I would have been much better off just driving myself down there at a normal time and staying for Ozzy. I'm probably going to do that this year.
--John Buccigross

#146 TrentonDevils

TrentonDevils

Senior Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:08 PM

Zappa plays Zappa last Monday night.

AHHHHH!
How was that man? I saw Project Object a bunch, I actually saw them with the Mahavishnu Project a couple of times too

The Mahavishnu Project was amazing, when they had Pete Mcann on guitar....just unbelievable...the new guy kind of sucks though
"If you don't think drugs have done good things for us, then take all of your records, tapes and CD's and burn them" - Bill Hicks
"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
-Bill Hicks

"Facts are stupid things" - President Ronald Reagan

Posted Image

#147 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

I'm seeing Bruce on Sunday in Ottawa. Anyone go to any of his two New Jersey shows? How were they?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#148 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:47 PM

Yeah i went to one, it was excellent.

Besides Bruce, some recent shows i went to:
Bloc Party
John Mayer
Ben Harper

#149 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:48 PM

Korn and going to rape and pillage to get tickets for Bon Jovi on December 6th....WOOT
This post was brought to you by the letters, D, P & H

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

Loyalty above all, Save honour

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

OFFICIAL MEMBER OF Team Awesome.ca...KEEPING MANITOBA AWESOME!!!!

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Keeper of the Sprite in Marty's water bottle
Posted Image

#150 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

...youre going to rape?

Edited by SteveStevens, 11 October 2007 - 01:50 PM.

#151 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:17 PM

if it comes down to it yes, i will indeed

"I wasn't trying to be funny. If I was you would have noticed because you'd be laughing.."-C.G 04/14/07

"The winters of my childhood were long, long seasons. we lived in three places, the school, the church, and the skating rink. But our real life was on the skating rink" (from the back of the 5 Dollar bill, proof that Canada IS hockey country..)

15 seconds left, your team is down a goal...Are YOU in the parking lot or still in the stands?

"FLAMES FANS- the new generation of the 90's Leaf fans, naive and stupid with no actual hockey intelligence..(which is expected when 80% of your fanbase are bandwagoners who started watching April 2004)"- PureTalent#19

Posted Image

#152 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:44 PM

last i went to was two dave matthews band shows this summer...

one of the best shows ive ever seen was night 2:

Dave Matthews Band
August 8, 2007
Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ

Two Step ...>
Loving Wings
The Song That Jane Likes
Crash Into Me
Corn Bread
The Maker
Sweet Up and Down
Shotgun
Lie In Our Graves
Anyone Seen the Bridge? ...>
Too Much
Jimi Thing
So Much To Say
Warehouse
Ants Marching
Encore:
Gravedigger
American Baby Intro ...>
All Along The Watchtower

#153 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

I forgot about that bro. I went to the one on the 8th also.

I tried to get tix to both but went to the 1. Cant wait for him to come back.

I also saw Ben Kweller.

#154 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 12:26 AM

Just saw Bruce for the first time. All I have to say is WOW!

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#155 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:21 AM

saw a cover band "jungle juice" play at the canyon grill. got pretty hammered wound up on stage singing "war pigs".

they were excellent, played some great tunes classic hard rock etc.

Edited by ice dog, 15 October 2007 - 03:21 AM.

"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#156 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:12 AM

Saw Tegan and Sara/Northern State on Friday. AWESOME show. Northern State were okay, missed the first song or two of their set, but eh, not something I'd probably buy a cd for or anything. Decent enough though. Tegan and Sara were incredible though. Can't wait til they come back around this area again.

In two weeks I'm going to a Spitalfield show...it was supposed to be their last concert ever, but they've since added a few dates. Regardless, it's one of their last concerts ever. So sad. Love that band. The Graduate is also playing, which was even more reason to get tickets...another great band.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#157 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 12:46 AM

My last one was Dave Matthews a few weeks ago, and i saw modest mouse a few weeks before that. Next is Eric Clapton with Steven Winwood.

#158 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

I've been concertless since Projekt Revolution (I only went for Placebo and Mindless Self Indulgence, I swear...).

There's two shows I'd like to see on New Year's Eve (Thursday at Starland Ballroom and Dresden Dolls & Luminescent Orchestrii in Mahattan) but being NYE and all I'll probably miss both. So sad. :(

#159 Mike441

Mike441

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

Alice in CHains and Velvet Revolver at PNc over the summer great show

#160 annabelle

annabelle

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

I'm reviving this....

going to Brooks and Dunn and Alan Jackson with my mommy tonight..not a big fan of Alan Jackson at all but I freaking LOVE Brooks and Dunn..yeehaww!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users