Photo

what was the last concert(s) u attended??

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#161 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

Tool in New Orleans back in November...my girlfriend and I took a weekend to go down there, check out the city and see Tool...it was an unreal show!

Coming up we have Radiohead in Texas (May) and The Cure at the Garden (June)...good times!

Edit : Damn...actually, the last show I saw was Foo Fighters at The Garden this past March. Serge (sp?) from System of a Down opened and he was incredible.

Edited by Bulletproof, 19 April 2008 - 08:30 PM.

Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#162 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:30 PM

stephen malkmus.

I forgot about that bro. I went to the one on the 8th also.

I tried to get tix to both but went to the 1. Cant wait for him to come back.

I also saw Ben Kweller.

thats a shame.

#163 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

I paid $400 for a pair of Leonard Cohen tickets for a June concert in Toronto. However, I see on kijiji that people are reselling them for $600/ticket!!!

I realize that "seeing Leonard Cohen live in concert" was one of the things I wanted to do before I died.... but, like, $1200?!?!
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#164 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:15 PM

Brand New
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#165 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:24 PM

Brand New

Any good? Their last album is stellar, wasn't really a fan of the earlier stuff.

Saw Third Eye Blind on April 1st. Not really my favorite band ever, but a good show for what it was. Have tickets to All Points West (Radiohead/Kings Of Leon/some others) in August and possibly STP in late May. My concert going buddy who was supposed to be getting a kidney no longer is :( Though the bright side is she's no longer confined to inside her own house all summer, so probably many more concerts will be added to the calendar.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#166 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,083 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:45 AM

Foo Fighers at the Garden on February 19. It was an amazing concert, I was quite shocked when my uncle handed me the tickets on Christmas. Well worth getting 3 hours of sleep in spite of having to present an English project first period :P

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#167 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:06 AM

Lightning Bolt. Best concert.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#168 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

Any good? Their last album is stellar, wasn't really a fan of the earlier stuff.

Saw Third Eye Blind on April 1st. Not really my favorite band ever, but a good show for what it was. Have tickets to All Points West (Radiohead/Kings Of Leon/some others) in August and possibly STP in late May. My concert going buddy who was supposed to be getting a kidney no longer is :( Though the bright side is she's no longer confined to inside her own house all summer, so probably many more concerts will be added to the calendar.

I hated their first cd but the second began to win me over. The third was stellar. I normally hate bands that are associated with Brand New but they are something different, theyre good live. Im a casual fan but i would recommend them live.

#169 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:38 PM

I've seen Brand New live before. I'd rather listen to them on my ipod. I wasn't very impressed with their live show.

#170 Z-ZPop1915

Z-ZPop1915

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:01 PM

Im seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd and Kid Rock at MSG in May.
LETS GO DEVILS!

#171 littleton_devil

littleton_devil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

Saw them last month at the Ogden ... great venue, an even greater show!

Posted Image

Have a listen ~ 'Castastrophe & The Cure', by Explosions In The Sky: http://www.deezer.com/track/111441
'In einer welt der kompromisse, gibt es noch maenner, die keine machen' ~ Herr Heckler & Herr Koch

#172 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

I hated their first cd but the second began to win me over. The third was stellar. I normally hate bands that are associated with Brand New but they are something different, theyre good live. Im a casual fan but i would recommend them live.

It's weird with them, because I liked about one song on the first album, and maybe two or three on the second. I don't know what made me pick up the third without actually hearing anything from it, but my GOD it was one of the best CDs I bought in quite awhile. It was like the sound of a band truly hitting rock bottom, which probably sounds awful but it really made for some really good, moving music.

It's also weird that I just kind of did the same thing with the new Ours album, which is also stellar. I highly recommend it.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#173 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

Saw them last month at the Ogden ... great venue, an even greater show!

Posted Image

Have a listen ~ 'Castastrophe & The Cure', by Explosions In The Sky: http://www.deezer.com/track/111441

I've seen them before, they are a great band. I'm guessing your from out of this area? I've never heard of that venue.

Just a little off topic but isn't it crazy that the convenience charge on your ticket is almost half of what the actual value of the ticket is. Ticketmaster sucks.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 20 April 2008 - 05:48 PM.

#174 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

I've seen them before, they are a great band. I'm guessing your from out of this area? I've never heard of that venue.

Just a little off topic but isn't it crazy that the convenience charge on your ticket is almost half of what the actual value of the ticket is. Ticketmaster sucks.

I think Ogden Theatre is LA. Could be wrong about that though.

And yeah, I'm probably making a special trip to the Arts Center Box Office because of those surcharges. Two $20 tickets for STP in May wind up costing $72 after all their little charges.

#175 littleton_devil

littleton_devil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

Satan ... It's the Ogden Theater here in Denver, built in 1919. We always swing by the Ogden to pick up our tickets, thus avoiding the surcharge.
'In einer welt der kompromisse, gibt es noch maenner, die keine machen' ~ Herr Heckler & Herr Koch

#176 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

saw third eye blind in the beginning of april at starland. next up, jenny owen youngs and then two tegan and sara concerts. also have tickets to 311 in july. good stuff.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#177 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

saw third eye blind in the beginning of april at starland. next up, jenny owen youngs and then two tegan and sara concerts. also have tickets to 311 in july. good stuff.

But we all know you're really going for Snoop Dogg, not 311.

#178 NJDevsFireOnIce

NJDevsFireOnIce

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

Anthony Raneri of Bayside back in Feb. Amazing as usual. Next is bamboozle, warped tour, and 311/snoop in PA & NC (since i'll be at both places, why not?)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lazy

#179 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:34 PM

But we all know you're really going for Snoop Dogg, not 311.

of course.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#180 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

The last gig i went to was the taste of chaos tour i the UK,

The blackout
gallows
aiden
rise against
the used

The only bands that were any good were Gallows and Rise against.

Im probably gona go to the reading festival to see slipknot mettalica and avenged sevenfold, but the next gig i plan on going to is to see 36crazyfists, they are one of the best bands i have seen live ever, amazing guys and they really know their hockey (although they are all Flyers fans).

I also want to go to the download festival, throwdown, bleeding through, black dahlia murder, 36crazyfists, Inflames and a load others, but i cant afford the $300 it is for 3 days to stay in a feild full of sh!t. :angry:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users