3 replies to this topic

#1 devspage

devspage

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 05:25 PM

I'm kind of surprised that no teams made moves the last day before the freeze.

Not really surprised that we didn't (except where it concerns the plummeting value of Danton), but I am kinda surprised that others haven't.
---
The Post dispelling myths???!! (First time for everything.)

Elias says he doesn't wonder why the A-Line was broken up and his linemates were traded. "What good would it do for me?" he asked.

#2 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 05:33 PM

Don't you think it's kinda cool that the NHL actually puts a freeze on trades just for the Holiday Season? I think it is. It's kind of an "old-fashioned" idea in today's sports world.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 devspage

devspage

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 06:20 PM

I do think it's a cool thing. Let the guys have a break.

Unfortunately the Yankees just cut loose one of my favorite guys, so it's not gonna be a good Christmas for him. :( (Guy mentioned in OT thread for anyone interested.)
---
The Post dispelling myths???!! (First time for everything.)

Elias says he doesn't wonder why the A-Line was broken up and his linemates were traded. "What good would it do for me?" he asked.

#4 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,597 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 12:59 AM

Don't you think it's kinda cool that the NHL actually puts a freeze on trades just for the Holiday Season? I think it is. It's kind of an "old-fashioned" idea in today's sports world.

Ya know, I thought it was "old fashioned" too...but during yesterdays game Doc was saying it wasn't always like that and players were commonly moved during the holidays. Than again, I guess the "idea" is old fashioned.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users