8 replies to this topic

#1 Ice Man

Ice Man

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:52 AM

The Boston Bruins fans and sport people are veery excited about new CBA.

They have most players signed with only 5 to 6 M of the cap used so they say including Thorton. They see an open market of talented players to pick from and have the money to do so within the cap. So everyone is very excited.

Harry Sinden says the Fans were the biggest losers and the NHL must to everything to win the fans back. He's so cheap will he reduce ticket prices? Isles offered season ticket at same price with financial penality that's winning the fans back I am sure.

What will the Devils who are the third highest at one time do with there ticket prices.

I think leave them the same or at best a 10% reduction.

There should have been a cap on the ticket prices with a reductionof 24% and an escrow account to be given to the team if the team played well and got to the next to the last round of the playoffs.

Thanks DM

#2 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:43 AM

Thornton isn't signed we need to sign him. Who were you talking too? And with the rollback his salary alone was 5.4. And a lot of bruisn fans on HFboards have been pondering what to do with his upcoming contract.

I'm thinking longterm, 4 or 5 years, going 4 mil to 7 mil over the years.

But we'll see what joe's agent does.

And we have like 5 players signed.....Gonchar not being one of them, i remeber most of them being prospects...

We still don't have raycroft signed either. i don't think samsonov is eitehr...

Our team is very bare at the moment and the bruins you'll see this upcoming season could be drastically different. Hopefully drastically different means success....

edit:
i just checked TSN
http://www.tsn.ca/nh...re.asp?fid=6926
3 guys: bergeron, fitzgerald, and the dominant AND versitaile ian moran.

Restricted Free Agents: P.J. Axelsson, Hal Gill, Andrew Raycroft, Jonathan Girard, Nick Boynton, Sergei Samsonov, Joe Thornton.
^good news

Unrestricted Free Agents:
Sergei Gonchar,50-50, i'd like to seeh him back, but a run at nieds or pronger would make me happier
Martin Lapointe, stay away unless your want back for under a million
Travis Green, come back
Michal Grosek, go to europe
Dan McGillis, come back
Glen Murray, stay away you 1 dimmensional money hungry playoff choker, unless you want 2 mil
Felix Potvin, he won't be back anyways
Jiri Slegr, come back
Craig MacDonald, ya....he played how much?
Rob Zamuner, stay away

Edited by bruins4777, 15 July 2005 - 03:48 AM.

Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#3 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:33 PM

Given how few guys they have signed, wouldn't they be a candidate to sign Niedermayer? He'd be a better replacement for Gonchar.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#4 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Classic!!!!

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#5 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:46 PM

Classic!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a long way removed from the 28-goal projection days :lol:.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#6 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

Classic!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's a long way removed from the 28-goal projection days :lol:.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He didnt turn out to be the $niper you once thought thats for sure! :lol:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#7 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:49 PM

He didnt turn out to be the $niper you once thought thats for sure!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He had the talent but never the drive or work ethic. It's true cause he showed up one playoff for Buffalo.

#8 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

Given how few guys they have signed, wouldn't they be a candidate to sign Niedermayer? He'd be a better replacement for Gonchar.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

niedermayer and pronger are going to be the two biggest seeked guys most likely...and both would be beautiful replacements for us. Much better than gonchar. Gonchar is a complentary player, but he can't carry a defense. Pronger and niedermayer can do that.

Funny enough all my favorite teams, outside of nashville, are will probably make a run for pronger and niedermayer. Thrash, panthers, and bruins.

I'd like to see panthers get niedermayer and Bruins get pronger. Thrashers will hopefully find somebody else....but their defense isn't in quite the shape as the panthers or bruins...i think i haven't checked who they have signed.

Meh it will be interesting to see what happens, i could theorize all day...but i guess i'll have to wait.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#9 KarlovyVary

KarlovyVary

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:56 AM

Boston still has a lot of room to work with, so we could possibly see a very different Bruins team. If they are trying to build a team with the Stanley Cup in mind, I don't see Scott Niedermayer joining them anytime soon.

Niedermayer has won 3 Cups already; there's no desperation factor that would lead him to Boston where he would have to take a paycut in order make room or other players. Niedermayer has the opportunity now to go to a young team where he can be the 20% player with a team developing around him.

I think the Bruins should focus on signing their most notable restricted free agents in Thornton, Raycroft, Samsonov etc... and later find good players that will compliment the team. Boston is an attractive market for those who want to win the Cup, and I believe quite a few good players will be willing to take a paycut if they see that Boston has a competitive core of players already signed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users