NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,691 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

MSG Network

Stan Fischler
Bluelines: Great news? Cujo, St. Louis Broadway targets? ...

Jul 18, 2005

The Wayne Gretzky
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2 NJD Jester

NJD Jester

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,719 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 09:04 AM

[b]This from Long Island reader Dee Karl:
Posted Image

"Glow Pucks & 10-Cent Beer: The 101 Worst Ideas in Sports History" is available now online and at local bookstores.

Get your NJD fan stories published in Hell & Back: A People's History Of The New Jersey Devils. Visit The Hell & Back Homepage for details!

#3 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,853 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:03 AM

It's not like he had anything else to do after crashing this league like a 12-year-old pilot taking his dad's plane for a joy ride.

Oh, I think Bob Goodenow had something to do with that along the way....

As I have said in other threads, I think since the start of the lockout, Bettman has handled himself with intellegence, class and grace. The only two mistakes he made where being caught by Bob's dirty trick with Gretzky and Lemieux (he admits he should have smelled a rat when Bob had him on the phone and Bob asked him to call back in five minutes to arrange a meeting time/place and having the owners run around promising there would be "hockey of some kind in October", suggesting replacements.

The claims that he was yelling on a cell phone are as unsubstantiated as the agents claims that I posted yesterday.

Refusing to be drawn into a war of insults, making himself available to explain the situation, just the way he has carried himself throughout... I think he's done his job to perfection.

But maybe it is time for him to step down anyway given that he is cleaning up a mess much of his own creation (though he had to idiot-proof this CBA because the owners themselves are idiots; they caused more damage to the league than Bettman did).
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#4 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:35 AM

Bob thought he'd convince the players to kill off two seasons. But they were smarter than him and Linden was a good co-captain.

Cujo to rags? Are Weekes days numbered in NY?

Edited by LizDevil30, 19 July 2005 - 10:35 AM.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users