32 replies to this topic

#1 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:19 PM

OK, we were taking the other thread off-topic with the Bryan Berard/Milbury's daughter rumor. But that started me thingking about the other notororious or not-so-notorious, since I hadn't heard of THAT one, affairs among the hockey community. And I don't mean Marty & his sister-in-law. I mean like Berard and his coach/GM's daughter.

Here's what I can recall:

Brendan Shanahan & Craig Janney's wife - true, since she is now the current Mrs. Shanahan & divorced Craig to be with Brendan. They met at a Blues team party.

Brendan Morrow (what is it about Brendans) & Guy Carbonneau's daughter Ann-Marie - also true, they are now married as well. They met at a Stars family outing.

Ted Nolan & Hasek's wife - never proven, but SOMETHING earned Nolan the hatred of his star goalie, massive trouble in the room as the team took sides and then he knifed his GM. Not good all around.

Eric Lindros & Brindy's wife - Also never proven. But what led to a locker room fight between the two? And it's always fun the speculate.

Shayne Corson & Almo's wife - Another never proven. But what else could it be that would have Almo screaming "Stay out of my bed" to Corson in the locker room? Then again, Almo always has been a funny sort of a guy - maybe it was a joke.

Any that I missed?
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#2 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:25 PM

I'll leave this thread open for now, but PLEASE keep it clean.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#3 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

DUST BUNNY!

:( Ohhh I'm sorry RD... I coudln't help myself...

PIG SLOPS!

EAK! I didn't it again! :saddevil:
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#4 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:28 PM

DUST BUNNY!

:(  Ohhh I'm sorry RD... I coudln't help myself...

PIG SLOPS!

EAK!  I didn't it again!  :saddevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<_<

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

#5 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

Nieds really has to reach a decision soon or I'm afraid of what might happen to PK. :unsure:

At this point, I'm not even sure it matters what that decision is. It's just apparent that PK needs closure, ASAP.

2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#6 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:32 PM

:lol:

#7 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:37 PM

Does Brodeur and his wifes sister in law count?
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#8 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

Well I wasn't gonna take the Berard thing any further. It was a legit question since it could influence the decision to bring Berard back to the Island. I don't think it was getting too dirty either.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#9 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,030 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:46 PM

Jeff Brown had an affair with Kirk McLeans wife, Brown ended up getting traded because of it and McLean supposedly went into a deep depression after his divorce.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:49 PM

Well I wasn't gonna take the Berard thing any further.  It was a legit question since it could influence the decision to bring Berard back to the Island.  I don't think it was getting too dirty either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree it was a legit question, I just didn't realize it had happened. That explained Milbury out of the blue trading a Calder winner for Potvin, who was starting to slide and who didn't want to be there. I know he had money & ownership problems but it seemed like Berard was the least of his issues at the time. That would 'splain it. But we have seen that time can cure many things and maybe it can cure this. Maybe Milbury's wife will hit him over the head with a shoe to knock some sense into him.

And I didn't think it was getting all that dirty either. But the discussion was kind of getting the other thread off topic because it was all about the inuendo and not about the actual point. But it did start me thinking about other instances which is why I started this one. And no, Marty doesn't count because his brother-in-law wasn't in any way connected with his team or even another NHL team, as far as we know. Every other instance I've documented this is the spouse, or daughter of someone connected with the team, not private life.

If you want to count another NHL team, remember the Fedorov/Bure fight over Anna Kournikova? First she was dating Sergei, then she dumped him for Pavel, then Sergei wooed her back, then, well, we all know the rest.

#11 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:52 PM

I didn't think it was getting dirty, it was just getting in the way of the original subject of the thread. All I was doing in this thread was giving a reminder to keep it clean.

#12 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:52 PM

the lindros brindy thing was a ridiculous retelling of kevin stevens and brindy's wife.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#13 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,858 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:53 PM

Matt Schneider and Michelle Roy.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#14 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

the lindros brindy thing was a ridiculous retelling of kevin stevens and brindy's wife.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgot about that one. If you think about it, Kevin Stevens has been mostly trouble over his career and damn lucky he could score goals.

#15 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:55 PM

too bad iceman isn't here or else he'd bring up the stevens thing AGAIN.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#16 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:34 PM

This isn't the same thing, but it's a true story.

Several years back a woman was in an auto accident that killed the teenage driver of the car she hit because she was traveling on the freeway at high speed. She was traveling from Vancouver to somewhere in California. In court, her defense was that she had been taking ephedrine while training for a marathon (IIRC), and she was having hallucinations that Joe Nieuwendyk (whom she had never met) was speaking to her through her car radio telling her to hurry to meet him in California (?) so she could have his baby.

The defense worked. She was found not guilty.
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#17 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Anyone who think a defense like that would get them off has GOT to be crazy!
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#18 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

This isn't the same thing, but it's a true story. 

Several years back a woman was in an auto accident that killed the teenage driver of the car she hit because she was traveling on the freeway at high speed.  She was traveling from Vancouver to somewhere in California.  In court, her defense was that she had been taking ephedrine while training for a marathon (IIRC), and she was having hallucinations that Joe Nieuwendyk (whom she had never met) was speaking to her through her car radio telling her to hurry to meet him in California (?) so she could have his baby.

The defense worked.  She was found not guilty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was totally the greatest thing I've heard today. :rofl:

#19 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:21 PM

Not so funny to the parents of that teenager.....
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#20 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:31 PM

Not so funny to the parents of that teenager.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh come on obviously I wasn't referring to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users