32 replies to this topic

#21 Unthinkable

Unthinkable

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:39 AM

The rumblings I heard in Boston a few years ago revolved around rumors of Martin Lapointe allegedly screwing around with Kyle McLaren's stripper gal pal. Kyle demanded a trade afterwards. Mike O'Connell told the Boston media it wasn't related to money.

Edited by Unthinkable, 04 August 2005 - 12:40 AM.

"Look Hollom, its leadership they want. Strength. Now you find that within yourself and you will earn their respect. With that respect, true discipline goes by the board." -Captain Jack Aubrey

"Right, lads. Now I know there's not a faint heart among you. I know you're as anxious as I am to get into close action. But we must bring 'em right up beside us before we spring this trap. That will test our nerve. And discipline will count just as much as courage. The Acheron is a tough nut to crack. More then twice our guns. More then twice our numbers. And they will sell their lives dearly." -Capt. Jack Aubrey

#22 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:03 AM

The rumblings I heard in Boston a few years ago revolved around rumors of Martin Lapointe allegedly screwing around with Kyle McLaren's stripper gal pal.  Kyle demanded a trade afterwards.  Mike O'Connell told the Boston media it wasn't related to money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i always wondered about that. I always figured it was about money though. I mean the bruins always say "its not about money" but it always is...

mclaren didn't deserve what he was asking for though. He was injured for over half the season that year. And the only real lovely memory from that year of him was that beautiful hit on the habs dude in the playoffs where he closelined him. incredibly dirty, but meh i loved it still.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#23 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:09 PM

Hey I just read a rumor Tommy Salo's wife was boning Comrie...

I was searching under Scott Stevens + gossip! :lol: I was bored what do you want!? So it was this Slavic hockey blog - heeheehee! no good Stevens gossip FYI :saddevil: Why can't I see a nude shot of him or something? That would be so NEAT!! :boogie:

This was in HELL??? Why was this in HELL --- this is silly! Not real hockey! Move this to heaven someone! :blush: why I dont I check before posting I just searched under Sue topics and didn't pay attention to the forum... :(

Edited by Darwindog, 24 August 2005 - 05:12 PM.

A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#24 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:03 PM

Hey I just read a rumor Tommy Salo's wife was boning Comrie...

I guess she got fed up when she came running into the bedroom from the other side of the house, jumped into his arms.....and he missed her.

#25 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:11 PM

Zing!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#26 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:23 PM

Reminds me of that classic novel: Hole in The Matress by Mister Completely
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#27 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,988 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:26 PM

I missed this thread first time out :P What, no Kariya-Selanne rumors? :evil: I guess not now that they're actually on different teams this year heh.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#28 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:42 PM

I missed this thread first time out :P  What, no Kariya-Selanne rumors? :evil:  I guess not now that they're actually on different teams this year heh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well...rumor has it Petr Sykora got in the middle of these two love birds :evil:.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#29 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

Oh, my. What did I start? It was just a thread to while away what was a (relatively) slow part of the free agent period and it has degenerated to this. I'm expecting Crasher and his Swimfan parody anytime now.

But then again, maybe now that Arnott is married, Sykora was desperate (Sue slaps her hand).
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#30 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:26 PM

Swimfan parody? :rofl:

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#31 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

Dude, that Swimfan thing ain't no parody, it's his LIFE. :rofl:

Edited by Rowdyfan42, 24 August 2005 - 10:37 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#32 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:39 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I just meant the stuff about Sykora and Arnott. Crasher's personal stalkers are his own problem. :noclue:
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#33 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I just meant the stuff about Sykora and Arnott. Crasher's personal stalkers are his own problem. :noclue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

You know what the best part is? I know you weren't even trying to be funny! :lol:

Okay, I've become far too easily amused. Bedtime for Rowdy. :D

EDIT - But not before I post this: http://www.crasherli...czechfan44.html

Edited by Rowdyfan42, 24 August 2005 - 10:49 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users