382 replies to this topic

#321 mkstatto

mkstatto

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

How pi**ed am I. For my 18th birthday last year my dad had shipped over (live in england) a new jersey devils top with NEIDERMAYER #27 on the back.
Posted Image

#30 Marty Broduer - LEGEND!

#322 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,595 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

Thank the Lord up above for Rafalski, I say. Had he not been a trooper and stuck it out, we really would have been up the creek.

Amen to that. I hope $4.2 million is enough of a reward for his loyalty.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#323 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:32 PM

I'm not terribly upset about Niedermeyer's departure.

During Stevens' absence the last year, wasn't there a month-and-a-half period of time where the Devils were completely unable to best a playoff calibre team?

The front end of the defense took a big hit. But with the money we saved, we were able to shore up the back end. Hopefully it'll all even out, and I doubt I'll be pining for Nieds' leadership.
Is that a Japanese configuration?

#324 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:49 PM

This is silly - I never really thought he was coming back, and I have total faith in Lou, and at the end of the day it is just a game, but I feel blue :(  I hope Lou does something soon so I can get excited again.  Or at least concentrate on work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that you JD???
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#325 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:06 PM

WOW What pity party! Get over it!

First- What is with this "he dragged it out" stuff? It was 3-1/2 days, not a month. He couldn't talk to any other teams before Sunday, and Glen Sather was apparently calling seasson ticket holders.

Second- The Devils survived losing Alex Mogilny.

The Devils have survived losing Joe Niewendyk and Bobby Holik.

The Devils are NOT DEAD!

Hopefully you'll see me in section 215.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you point...a few posts back, I also agree with M...what I don't understand is that folks realized after Nieds won the Norris that he would never play aanother game as a Devil...now that what folks seem resigned to has happened and now folks have their knickers in a twist...sheesh I guess they were all in denial...players sign and players leave...it is not so abnormal.

I sure hope I get to see you in 215...it has been such a long time...hope all is well with your family :)
Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#326 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

Giguere is still a top 10 goaltender.  Equipment doesn't make you square to every shot like he was in the 03 playoffs.

Aside from Fedorov, they have Sykora, Leclerc, Niedermayer, and Rucchin.  Not to mention Joffrey Lupul who I'm sure is ready for a big breakout season.  The Ducks also have the trade pieces if they wish to say, cut Sykora and deal a forward prospect for a better player with lower salary.

The Ducks have as good a shot as any August 'contender'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tri is right. I think the ducks would have made the playoffs last year if it wasn't for HUGE injuries to Carney, leclerc and niedermayer, which took away all their grit. Niedermayer was out for 50 games and leclrc all but 10.

Lupul is outstanding. He's my pick for 30 goal break out guy of the year. Last year in the AHL he started strong, then got a concussion, came back and DOMINATED viciously. I was so scared of him in the playoffs. He was going at a goal a game for the last 15 or so games. He went into the playoffs and he wasn't as dominant, but still remarkable...until he ran into kari lehtonen :D

And federov, is a top 5 center still. People forget that he still got 36 goals last year, and that is considered WEAK for him. He can do everything unlike all except maybe 2 or 3 centers in the league. He played defense for a half or a quarter of a season one year didn't he? with the wings?

Giguere's performance last year was mostly one of lost confidence. He didn't start great with people constantly rifling it over his blocker high shoulder. The ducks were blasted with injuries and lost a lot of grit and big forwards would just skate their way to the net with nobody to stop them. Giguere could have played better, but in some games you could tell his confidence was shot.

But there was one game when the ducks won 2-1 against vancouver, that was the game i believe henrik had the beauty of a coast to coast butter and toast, a top 5 goal of the year, but the ducks still won, thanks to just nigh perfect goaltending, and the team looked perfect, similar to what it looked like the previous year in the playoffs...of course they went down that horrible track again and giguere really didn't have a great year, but he still has top 10 goaltender potential.
Posted Image

Hahahaha...long overdue. Now they need to get rid of Jacobs.

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#327 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,678 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:11 PM

I like the moves.† I will still call him Malacoughupthepuck, but I like the moves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: I agree M...that moniker will be raised from the dead :rofl:

Edited by StarDew, 04 August 2005 - 06:17 PM.

Dew
TIMEX RULES!!

#328 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

Giguere is still a top 10 goaltender.† Equipment doesn't make you square to every shot like he was in the 03 playoffs.

Aside from Fedorov, they have Sykora, Leclerc, Niedermayer, and Rucchin.† Not to mention Joffrey Lupul who I'm sure is ready for a big breakout season.†  The Ducks also have the trade pieces if they wish to say, cut Sykora and deal a forward prospect for a better player with lower salary.

The Ducks have as good a shot as any August 'contender'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tri is right. I think the ducks would have made the playoffs last year if it wasn't for HUGE injuries to Carney, leclerc and niedermayer, which took away all their grit. Niedermayer was out for 50 games and leclrc all but 10.

Lupul is outstanding. He's my pick for 30 goal break out guy of the year. Last year in the AHL he started strong, then got a concussion, came back and DOMINATED viciously. I was so scared of him in the playoffs. He was going at a goal a game for the last 15 or so games. He went into the playoffs and he wasn't as dominant, but still remarkable...until he ran into kari lehtonen :D

And federov, is a top 5 center still. People forget that he still got 36 goals last year, and that is considered WEAK for him. He can do everything unlike all except maybe 2 or 3 centers in the league. He played defense for a half or a quarter of a season one year didn't he? with the wings?

Giguere's performance last year was mostly one of lost confidence. He didn't start great with people constantly rifling it over his blocker high shoulder. The ducks were blasted with injuries and lost a lot of grit and big forwards would just skate their way to the net with nobody to stop them. Giguere could have played better, but in some games you could tell his confidence was shot.

But there was one game when the ducks won 2-1 against vancouver, that was the game i believe henrik had the beauty of a coast to coast butter and toast, a top 5 goal of the year, but the ducks still won, thanks to just nigh perfect goaltending, and the team looked perfect, similar to what it looked like the previous year in the playoffs...of course they went down that horrible track again and giguere really didn't have a great year, but he still has top 10 goaltender potential.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carney looked very slow last season of play. Im not saying they are bad, but I think people are way overplaying the addition of Niedermayer to already writing them in as Cup Contenders. They are far from it.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#329 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:20 PM

maybe not "cup contenders" but at least playoff contendors.

its still hard for me to decide because with all the movement, even i barely know the teams super well.
Posted Image

The problem is, NJ only plays them 4 times a year. We were only able to get them to trade JT and fire the idiot GM. If we played them 8 times a year, maybe Jacobs might have an epiphany and sell the team.

#330 IMissTerreri

IMissTerreri

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:35 PM

This is silly - I never really thought he was coming back, and I have total faith in Lou, and at the end of the day it is just a game, but I feel blue :(† I hope Lou does something soon so I can get excited again.† Or at least concentrate on work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that you JD???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, just a frequent lurker. And I never did manage to concentrate on work today :whistling:

#331 RandomguyX

RandomguyX

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

I wouldn't jump the gun and call the Ducks a *Cup contending* team just yet. Burke managed to spend 32 million on 12 players according to TSN. They are going to have to fill up the rest of the roster will some pretty low cost pieces. They have great talent up top but I canít see them adding enough depth barring a big trade.

Edited by RandomguyX, 04 August 2005 - 07:29 PM.

#332 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:39 PM

I just his interview on tsn, did I see it right ? his jersey number is 4 ?

#333 bruins4777

bruins4777

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:42 PM

are you serious blueskirt....wow thats going to be weird.

but i guess the tradition of great skating dmen wearing 4 stays true.

Edited by bruins4777, 04 August 2005 - 07:43 PM.

Posted Image

#334 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:45 PM

It's actually kind of cool -- I liek Leach
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#335 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:46 PM

Oh my...what a thread.....I don't care if I get warned but a good amount of you are wimps and annoying as hell. I don't care what you think of New Jersey's current situation, there is no need to cry like you chunked your underwear. This defense is better now then it was for the 2004 playoffs....I don't have 1 doubt in my mind. Robinson loves Malahkov and not only was he Philly's best defensmen in the playoffs in 2004 but he was Russia's best defensmen at the World Cup.

McGillis ia an underated but solid pickup. He is very Phyiscal, solid defensivly and has some offense. He is a poor mans Adam Foote IMO.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#336 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:47 PM

maybe Rob gave him 44 ?
it's the least he could do. Oh yeah, and pick up the check at tonight's dinner.

maybe they'll be real cute an one will be 34 & the other 44, or something like that.

#337 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,776 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

Jason, it sucks losing Niedermayer, but mostly it sucks 'cuz we got nothing in return for a Norris winner. If there had been a trade, the reactions would've been different IMO

#338 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:50 PM

Jason, it sucks losing Niedermayer, but mostly it sucks 'cuz we got nothing in return for a Norris winner. If there had been a trade, the reactions would've been different IMO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't control a player for his career, that is the NHL in the 60's. We don't want that. The Devils got alot out of Niedermayer and he moved on....so should the Devils. We also get an early 2nd for conpensation in a deep strong draft next year.

#339 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,567 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:53 PM

Jason, check your PMs.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#340 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

Jason, check your PMs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its pretty hard not too with a big pink screen poping up at the top of the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users