25 replies to this topic

#21 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

I see it the opposite...I think Hejduk has the better skill set while Elias has better awareness, positioning and determination. Thats not saying Elias doesn't have a good skill set.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:21 AM

Let's see how Hedjuk responds this year. The Av's tried to get rid of him before the draft to save Forsberg. I am not sure how good he is going to be without him.

Elias is the real deal, a much better all-round player than Hedjuk.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 rbdf

rbdf

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

No he isn't. Hejduk is the better finisher and is very underrated at setting up guys. And equally as responsible.

Elias is the better passer and more of a streaky scorer.

Go and compare their careers. They're very similar.

Elias:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/te...1661&hubName=NJ

Hejduk:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/pl...asp?name=Hejduk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you put Jim Dowd on a line with either joe sakic or peter forsberg, he'd put up comparable numbers

ok, maybe that's a bit extreme. hejduk is good, but I also believe a lot of his numbers are the result of who he gets to play with for 85% or so of his ice time.

But, it's the new nhl, and elias, realistically, is probably worth about 4.5 a year in this new era of the cap.

Bigger question, who's getting traded so lou can resign elias and gomez (let's say 4 for elias and 3 for gomez?), and also have money for the qualifiers he threw out at freeze and kozlov, and still fill the roster out with martin, hale, white, gionta etc. etc. I mean, they're over 24 mil already and only have what, 12 or 14 guys under contract?

#24 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

i still think that derek is on the mark saying that elias should look to get similar money to hejduk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bingo. I'm not much for saying one guy's better than the other. But they're both similar talents and basically the same age.

I think people underestimate Hejduk. He's never had a chance to play on a line without Forsberg or Sakic. But remember. Didn't he play at the Devils a couple of years ago without either and roast them for two goals and an assist?

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:49 PM

I think Hedjuk took less money, which is why Elias won't be seriously compared to him. Compare Hedjuk to Kariya, Satan, and other inferior scorers, and Hedjuk clearly took less money.

If Elias wants to stay in New Jersey at all costs, he'll take 5/20. I don't think he does and I don't think he will.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 Devildude

Devildude

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

I think Hedjuk took less money, which is why Elias won't be seriously compared to him.  Compare Hedjuk to Kariya, Satan, and other inferior scorers, and Hedjuk clearly took less money.

If Elias wants to stay in New Jersey at all costs, he'll take 5/20.  I don't think he does and I don't think he will.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah thats not good if he leaves...
Still a Fan of Friesen!

Those Devils are Damn Good... DAMN GOOD!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users