7 replies to this topic

#1 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

saw the name in the active users list or whatever it's called. Im looking forward to your posts! :lol:
A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#2 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:50 PM

I've been a fan since before they arrived. Even voting on the name and all. (I wanted Knights, what did I know I was 12!)

Wensink was one of the few first year players I never forgot, just a crazy F'n goon.

He was like a real Ogelthorpe (sp)

I figured it the least I could do to honor an original! :hail:
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#3 Darwindog

Darwindog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:55 AM

Well welcome! I think because I started this thread no one knows you're here :evil: Or they dont know what to make of it or something -- I dont think they mean to be rude not saying hi though! :evil:

Guys -- I dont know Mr. Wensink I just think it was a funny player to name yourself after and fit with my mood yesterday. so say hi! You're not interupting anything you're begin rude not talking :evil:

Edited by Darwindog, 09 August 2005 - 09:55 AM.

A dog has the soul of a philosopher. --Plato
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. --Mark Twain

In case you wondered... I'm Pepperkorn's dog

#4 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:28 AM

DD you have an odd sense of Humor!!!
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#5 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:45 AM

Hola Diablito !
Any non friend of Dogg is a non-friend of mine ! :o
(I trust the doggie) :blink:
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#6 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:13 AM

Welcome
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#7 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:17 AM

No worries. I 've lurked here for years. I just thought it was time to join.

I'm a huge Devs fan, and although Wensink really wasn't one of my favorites I just remember him looking crazy. As a kid that just stuck with me.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#8 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:49 PM

Welcome aboard!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users